Claude Puel sacked

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Claude Puel sacked

Post by Nos89 »

I think there is no real justification for his sacking. Southampton finished 8th and reached Carling Cup final. The fact they only got 46 points is more to do with the difference in quality of the top 7 teams in the league and the remaining 13 teams. After all, they did finish top of the subsection of the Premier League.

The gap between 1st and 8th was 48 points last season. Which is a greater number of points gained by the team that actually finished 8th, Southampton. Premier league isn't as competitive as it is made out.

Redarmy

Re: Claude Puel sacked

Post by Redarmy »

Waiting for the Arsene Wenger Sacked thread

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:18 am
I think there is no real justification for his sacking. Southampton finished 8th and reached Carling Cup final. The fact they only got 46 points is more to do with the difference in quality of the top 7 teams in the league and the remaining 13 teams. After all, they did finish top of the subsection of the Premier League.

The gap between 1st and 8th was 48 points last season. Which is a greater number of points gained by the team that actually finished 8th, Southampton. Premier league isn't as competitive as it is made out.
Yeah there is a huge gap developing between "the big 6" then Everton in between and the rest if you go by last season's table.

Far too much hype about how competitive the league is because outside of the top 6 it really is just a load of cannon fodder, hopefully the new TV money will even things out a bit but I'm not sure.

As for us, well the way we are heading, we are in serious danger of becoming another Everton.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Odd decision It's almost as baffling as the sacking of Quique Sanches Flores at Watford.
I can only think they have someone else in mind or that there was some backstage fallout .
Smaller Clubs run a very tight line and have to Juggle a lot especially on the buy / sell side , more so than bigger clubs I would say as they cannot afford to turn down big bids but at the same time they cant make mistakes on who they buy .
!

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:21 am
Waiting for the Arsene Wenger Sacked thread
He will outlive us all, both in life and in his managerial career.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Shocking decision. Claude Paul had earned the right to decide when to leave.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:10 pm
:lol: :lol:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Lining up Tuchel apparently

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Whether it's fair or not it's high reward and you are there to be shot at!
Unless your Wenger of course, his autobiography will be "How to stay in the job for dummies"

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Indeed - I wonder if the Southampton fans will now be dubbed ungrateful morons for daring to challenge his authority. Should be careful what they wish for that lot

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

soton fans seem very pleased

i envy them :x

markyp

Post by markyp »

not sure how they will replace him when weve been told for 10 years that there is nobody out there :shock:
on a serious note it shows Saints intend to push on,they may be a small club but they have ambitions bigger than us

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Good luck to them..
We are in a leetle rut, led by an arrogant self centred old man with a crooked grin, who has actually lost the plot ...
I hope we run him into the ground next season along with that owner who leeches on our club, tbh Usmanov can fuck off too for his backing of this overpaid clown...
Please don't tell me he is doing this for the love of the club, this is a vanity project...

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:18 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Indeed - I wonder if the Southampton fans will now be dubbed ungrateful morons for daring to challenge his authority. Should be careful what they wish for that lot
Southampton finishing 8th is pretty much their glass ceiling - they can't expect to compete with City, Chelsea, United, Spurs, Arsenal or Liverpool unless they have stinkers because of their resources. Everton even have a lot more money and Southampton struggle to keep pace with the likes of Stoke, Swansea, Sunderland and West Ham in terms of wages.

Certainly a lot fucking better than mega-bucks Arsenal finishing 4th or 5th, put it that way.