5,000 march in london

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: 5,000 march in london

Post by Redarmy »

Herd wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:14 pm
storrmin571 wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:24 pm
Thanks Herd. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the Herd run the Nazis off the terraces in the 70s/80s?
Not off the terraces but off Gillepsie Road . . . . . along with the SWP anti nazi brigade , they both turned up peddling their wares right next to each other outside the station,I came out of the station and saw them there and told both to make love elsewhere . They didn't move so I went down to the Arsenal Tavern which was our boozer and managed to get them away from the strippers and cheap ale long enough to chase both of the groups round the corner into Drayton Park . a very young Denton decided to help himself to some vote national front T-shirts !
Its ok they found a home at Stamford Bridge....

Herd

Post by Herd »

They found a home at west spam too. And they were all over the music scene too . They tried it on with the two tone mob with mixed results. The were all over the second skinheads and oi bands although the angelic upstarts fought hard against them . Gary Hitchcock who was the real leader of C18 and his sidekick charlie sargeant was very active in trying to turn peoples patriotism into nazi hatred .
Supringly both were Arsenal fans but both stopped going when the were outed as nazis.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Herd wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:02 am
They found a home at west spam too. And they were all over the music scene too . They tried it on with the two tone mob with mixed results. The were all over the second skinheads and oi bands although the angelic upstarts fought hard against them . Gary Hitchcock who was the real leader of C18 and his sidekick charlie sargeant was very active in trying to turn peoples patriotism into nazi hatred .
Supringly both were Arsenal fans but both stopped going when the were outed as nazis.
I seem to remember early Madness posters,and single sleeves using the Nazi,"SS," as the last two letters of their band name.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Don't remember that and they certainly were not and are not that way inclined .
I felt a tad sorry for Jummy Pursey as he and sham wernt either BUT like it or lump it the ICF and their NF element attached themselves to them .
The Cockney Rejects were pondlife racist twats that also had them wrapped round.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Herd wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:36 am
Don't remember that and they certainly were not and are not that way inclined .
I felt a tad sorry for Jummy Pursey as he and sham wernt either BUT like it or lump it the ICF and their NF element attached themselves to them .
The Cockney Rejects were pondlife racist twats that also had them wrapped round.
Yes Madness had this following at first but done everything to prevent it, becoming mainstream pop done the job

Latched onto Sham 69 as well, until mainstream pop with silly songs about going down the pub

Cockney rejects...no comment

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Remember a gig at the Lyceum late '70's, Madness, Secret Affair, Specials & Purple Hearts plus a few more bands on the bill.

60-80 Nazi Skins attacking the crowd & beating anyone in their way, bouncers just guarding the stage & entrance doors, it was like being thrown into the lions den. :box:

I always hated those Nazi fúckers, they would attack any lad aged between 13-25 they saw, Punks, Soul Boys, Teds, Mods, Casuals, Bikers Indie / Student types or even squares. :cussing: :cussing:

When the tables were turned they weren't such bullies after all, :cussing: :mrgreen: Many locals made sure they got payback latter on :box:

Many accounts of Skinheads later getting into some man love into the '80's :gayflag:

Almunia is a clown

Herd wrote:

Some Spammers mates of mine always try to deny they were Nazi's? :rubchin:

Herd you must remember the Electric Ballroom gig 4be2's & the Rejects, I didn't get inside as tickets sold out but prwper naughty outside between ours & ICF, they ended up getting run back into the station, supposedly was crazy inside at the gig.

Another gig with WHU skins turning up was the Rainbow, Finsbury Park, PIL Johnny Lydon's band, I Herd they got let in free by the bouncers, so that they could get a good kicking by the Arsenal lads :box: :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Herd wrote:

Some Spammers mates of mine always try to deny they were Nazi's? :rubchin:

Herd you must remember the Electric Ballroom gig 4be2's & the Rejects, I didn't get inside as tickets sold out but prwper naughty outside between ours & ICF, they ended up getting run back into the station, supposedly was crazy inside at the gig.

Another gig with WHU skins turning up was the Rainbow, Finsbury Park, PIL Johnny Lydon's band, I Herd they got let in free by the bouncers, so that they could get a good kicking by the Arsenal lads :box: :shock:
The Cockney Rejects were certainly not Nazis, some of the original members were of Jewish descent. :roll: They weren't far right either. The Rejects and their roadies famously beat the shit outa a mob of BM skins at the Electric Ballroom in Camden. Their music was mostly anti- all establishment and about football and hooliganism.

According to Garry Bushell's blog 200 west ham filth battered less than 50 Arsenal at that Electric Ballroom gig.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Sounds pwopa nawty

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:56 am
Sounds pwopa nawty
:lol: :lol:

Sounds pwoppah wánky if you ask me, mate! :lol: :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Wow lot to deal with here .
Firstly DB , I knew the rejects ,utter racist *word censored* the fucking lot of em,played football against them over beckton and they and their cousins racially abused the black guys on our team and ive seen them at gigs making APE sounds to reggae . I despise the cants !
2nd I was at the electric ballroom Rejects gig,try the entire place onto 3 of us that went together plus 3 that stupidly came and stood with us respect to Bulldog ,Jimmy D and Buzz . We went down there to meet up with our pal Menzi from the upstarts but it became very clear very quick that it was going to come very badly on Top. I got jumped in the Bogs seprated from my pals and chased out of the place by untold mobs of them ,I'm not proud of it I ran for my life .........but I came back.
The others Despite the pressure got out OK when the bouncers intervened they had just got on a bus when i returned and I got saved from certain death by Kerry T (rip). It also helped them that the 2 of the 3 amigos that went with me were the maddest loons ever seen , 1 being the hardest man I've ever seen and the ICF were shit scared of him ! He had gone on stage at a previous upstarts gig and declared to the the crowd west ham there is no fucking west ham which kind of hyped the vibe !

4 b 2's gig at the rainbow paddies day ,well I was singing as the Sex Bristol's but i remember a small gaggle of spammers getting lodged out of the place .

DB ,being Jewish doesn't mean you cant be racist ,they fitted into the west ham sieg heilers very well !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:10 am
Wow lot to deal with here .
Firstly DB , I knew the rejects ,utter racist *word censored* the fucking lot of em,played football against them over beckton and they and their cousins racially abused the black guys on our team and ive seen them at gigs making APE sounds to reggae . I despise the cants !
2nd I was at the electric ballroom Rejects gig,try the entire place onto 3 of us that went together plus 3 that stupidly came and stood with us respect to Bulldog ,Jimmy D and Buzz . We went down there to meet up with our pal Menzi from the upstarts but it became very clear very quick that it was going to come very badly on Top. I got jumped in the Bogs seprated from my pals and chased out of the place by untold mobs of them ,I'm not proud of it I ran for my life .........but I came back.
The others Despite the pressure got out OK when the bouncers intervened they had just got on a bus when i returned and I got saved from certain death by Kerry T (rip). It also helped them that the 2 of the 3 amigos that went with me were the maddest loons ever seen , 1 being the hardest man I've ever seen and the ICF were shit scared of him ! He had gone on stage at a previous upstarts gig and declared to the the crowd west ham there is no fucking west ham which kind of hyped the vibe !

4 b 2's gig at the rainbow paddies day ,well I was singing as the Sex Bristol's but i remember a small gaggle of spammers getting lodged out of the place .

DB ,being Jewish doesn't mean you cant be racist ,they fitted into the west ham sieg heilers very well !
I didn't say there weren't racist, Herd. I said they were not Nazi or far right. Big difference. Of course there are racist Jews, just like there are a percentage of racist morons in all cultures, nationalities, political persuasions and religions. As you would know the Rejects came from a working class docker background and were basically what they used to call "working class conservative", the word "conservative" not meaning Tory obviously, but "traditional" and usually Labour voters.

Personally to me the Cockney Rejects were cúnts because they are hammers. :censored:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I didn't say there weren't racist, Herd. I said they were not Nazi or far right. Big difference. Of course there are racist Jews, just like there are a percentage of racist morons in all cultures, nationalities, political persuasions and religions. As you would know the Rejects came from a working class docker background and were basically what they used to call "working class conservative", the word "conservative" not meaning Tory obviously, but "traditional" and usually Labour voters.
Personally to me the Cockney Rejects were cúnts because they are hammers. :censored:
At their gigs they had a lot and I mean a lot of NF/BMP wrapped right round them ,they were there mates .
I was at a gig they did with the Upstarts at the rainbow and wellsy ,woodsy and all the NF/BMP mob were there with em .
Im pretty sure they were seig heilers but mensi who was vehemently and violently anti facist wasn't sure at the time either DB as in front of him they
never said anything !
You might be right .......but I don't think so !
Sidetracking a little mr gary bushell then of sounds magazine seemed ok to us at first but his involvement with the 4 skins whose manager Gary Hitchcock was the not very secret head of C18 pulling the chains of charlie sargeant made us think otherwise.

Almunia is a clown

Herd wrote:

According to Garry Bushell's blog 200 west ham filth battered less than 50 Arsenal at that Electric Ballroom gig.
Outside was a different story as many of the Greek & Black Arsenal Soul Boys were waiting about, fuck knows why they were interested in a Punk gig! :rubchin: Plus a few more added making up the numbers :barscarf:

Plod baton charged the Arsenal outside before the gig ended :cussing:

One game Sunderland away was when Mensi of the Upstarts was in the Arsenal enclosure on the side, Plod wadding in with truncheons to try & arrest him as Gooners tried to stop them :box: ) They managed to drag him out cúnts :censored:

One mate of mine still seems to remember every game home & away, back in the day scores, goalscorers & the associated events off the field on the journey there & back. :rubchin:

Meanwhile my memories are a bit hazy :idea:

Did the 4b2's also play with the rejects & upstarts at that Ballroom gig, or is that my memory playing tricks :banghead:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:04 pm
Herd wrote:

Outside was a different story as many of the Greek & Black Arsenal Soul Boys were waiting about, fuck knows why they were interested in a Punk gig! :rubchin: Plus a few more added making up the numbers :barscarf:

Plod baton charged the Arsenal outside before the gig ended :cussing:

One game Sunderland away was when Mensi of the Upstarts was in the Arsenal enclosure on the side, Plod wadding in with truncheons to try & arrest him as Gooners tried to stop them :box: ) They managed to drag him out cúnts :censored:

One mate of mine still seems to remember every game home & away, back in the day scores, goalscorers & the associated events off the field on the journey there & back. :rubchin:

Meanwhile my memories are a bit hazy :idea:

Did the 4b2's also play with the rejects & upstarts at that Ballroom gig, or is that my memory playing tricks :banghead:
You shouldn't believe much of what Bushell says fella but like all storytelling theres some truth in what he says .
It was a rejects gig ,the 4 b2's and the rejects could never play on the same bill there would be carnage .
The upstarts did play a gig with the 4be 2'sa but it ended in a drunken punch-up in the George Hotel in Glasgow so they left the next day and the 4 b2's continued their 5 star rampage through scotland funded by fraud .
The rejects also played with the upstarts at the rainbow which I was at too .
There were 3 of us at that gig and it was a huge mistake to go ,the icf hated me and were in fear of one of the other people i was with so it was never going to end well .
The Police did turn up but didn't do much except to try and disburse the 6/700 West Ham .
After I had come back having been chased round camden for 30 mins our lot which had grown to a grand total of 6 all got on a bus towards Holloway.
I still needed to get out of the area but there were groups on every corner so i slipped into the worlds end which had club night and hey presto its full of the finsbury park massive who took umberage to nazis roaming our streets so after about 20 mins they all piled out but to be fair there wasn't many spammers still about as it was getting late and those that were quickly vanished.
Your correct about the Sunderland game mensi met us at seaburn station and a few of us went for a pint or 7 with him . unfortunately i had stabbed myself on the train on the way up when playing around with a pals knife which i said couldn't cut through butter ........i was wrong . Mensi helped me down the road and came in with us but my leg had torn so i had to go to the hospital to get stitched ,some idiot then starts on mensi and mensi gets nicked as the police hate him for the who killed liddle song ,he ended up with a 200 quid fine.
Bushell to be fair did try and play down the growing war between us but it was spiralling out of control and led eventually to the death of my pal John Dickinson !
Mad times and bad times !