Questions that Gazidis Should be Asked Today

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: Questions that Gazidis Should be Asked Today

Post by NickF »

Even if we did manage to force Kroenke out, I do believe that Usmanov is not the guy to take over. He has been sitting in the background for years doing f*** all about buying the club. Everything I hear from him, he just seems another AKB.

It shouldn't be underestimated how much of a spell Wenger has a lot of people under, that is why even now he enjoys unquestioning loyalty.

For me, there needs to be a complete change at the club, from owners to manager to coaches. Sadly this isn't going to happen.

Even after the week the club has had I am yet to see anything about an organised protest against the owner. I just don't see any appetite for it.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

NickF wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:41 pm
Even if we did manage to force Kroenke out, I do believe that Usmanov is not the guy to take over. He has been sitting in the background for years doing f*** all about buying the club. Everything I hear from him, he just seems another AKB.

It shouldn't be underestimated how much of a spell Wenger has a lot of people under, that is why even now he enjoys unquestioning loyalty.

For me, there needs to be a complete change at the club, from owners to manager to coaches. Sadly this isn't going to happen.

Even after the week the club has had I am yet to see anything about an organised protest against the owner. I just don't see any appetite for it.
We're going to try Nick. It won't be easy, as we all found out last season but we're going to try. The only alternative is to walk away and leave them to it but I love Arsenal too much to let these arrogant old men beat us.

You and many others joined the protests last season and between us we started something that isn't finished yet.

The appetite wasn't there from the masses to protest against Wenger but it will be there against Kroenke. And if we create enough waves, we might just submerge Wenger as well.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:29 pm

The only alternative is to walk away and leave them to it but I love Arsenal too much to let these arrogant old men beat us.

When Wenger was given that contract last May without the board even being involved that was it for me. The club doesn't give a shit where we finish in league as long as the money is rolling in. I will be at Southend United tomorrow watching a team who is at least trying for promotion.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

NickF wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:09 pm
Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:29 pm

The only alternative is to walk away and leave them to it but I love Arsenal too much to let these arrogant old men beat us.

When Wenger was given that contract last May without the board even being involved that was it for me. The club doesn't give a shit where we finish in league as long as the money is rolling in. I will be at Southend United tomorrow watching a team who is at least trying for promotion.
It's sad to hear that Nick but I understand why. I've come close to walking awzy for good.

You're one of a tiny handful of people that have done so much more than anyone else to bring success back to our Club.

We know that the protests will start again very soon so hopefully we'll see you on the frontline once again at some time this season.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:

There is not a lot Usmanov could or can do, he made a bid to buy Kroenke out at a very reasonable return for the parasite but it was rejected, he is blocked from the boardroom, what more can he do?.

I would prefer someone else but out of Kroenke or Usmanov the Uzbek is a far better choice if we are to be sucessful in the next 10-20 years, AKB or not he would remove Wenger's comfort blanket of 4th place 'trophies'.

I fear under Kroenke we are doomed to perennial 4th-8th place finishes and the odd domestic cup, this is about the level (or even higher!) of his US sports teams (franchises).

Why would anyone logically think Arsenal can become a serious team at the top table when no other sports club that our majority shareholder is involved with is more than a mediocre performer?, even the Glazer's at United have more ambition despite being involved with them 99% out of expoiting the commercial returns from their global brand.

Kroenke is basically one step up from an asset stripper.

NickF

Post by NickF »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:39 pm
NickF wrote:

There is not a lot Usmanov could or can do, he made a bid to buy Kroenke out at a very reasonable return for the parasite but it was rejected, he is blocked from the boardroom, what more can he do?.

I would prefer someone else but out of Kroenke or Usmanov the Uzbek is a far better choice if we are to be sucessful in the next 10-20 years, AKB or not he would remove Wenger's comfort blanket of 4th place 'trophies'.

I fear under Kroenke we are doomed to perennial 4th-8th place finishes and the odd domestic cup, this is about the level (or even higher!) of his US sports teams (franchises).

Why would anyone logically think Arsenal can become a serious team at the top table when no other sports club that our majority shareholder is involved with is more than a mediocre performer?, even the Glazer's at United have more ambition despite being involved with them 99% out of expoiting the commercial returns from their global brand.

Kroenke is basically one step up from an asset stripper.
Come on., usmanov has been involved with Arsenal almost as long as Kroenke yet he only puts a bid in last year. He has sat silently for years just making the occasional fan friendly quote. He could buy out kroenke if he wants but chooses not to. kroenke won't sell at 1.3bn but usmanov has said nothing since May.

I sincerely wish he would be the savour that brings us back to properly competing but sorry I just don't see it. As far as which is best , usmanov one redeeming feature is he isn't kroenke but that is like choosing between hitler and goebels.

Both are in it for the money, they aren't fans like us who get our support from our parents and grandparents. They have not stood in the clockend or north bank. They are parasites.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Dein and Fizbang brought Stan and Usmanov to the club to ensure a bidding war so they could maximise their money . Its too late now but it's they who are to blame for Silent Stan.
Its why I hated fizbang who had zero interest in football and used Arsenal to get even richer. May he rot in hell. Dein a curse on you too.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

When are you going to fuck off?

That's the only question I'd be interested in hearing him answer

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:55 pm
Both are in it for the money, they aren't fans like us who get our support from our parents and grandparents. They have not stood in the clockend or north bank. They are parasites.
As far as I understand Usmanov is regulary attending the Emirates, a lot of people say he isn't a fan but his actions would indicate he is, not a proper fan as you described but at least more so than Kroenke who only turns when he can be arsed (usually for the 'superbowl' final :roll:).

Abramovich is hardly a die hard Chelsea fan but he has thrown himself (his money) into that sh*tty little club and won 5 titles since we last won it, all we'll get from Kroenke is exactly what we are getting - nothing, in fact those consultancy payments I suspect were him testing the water to see what the reaction would be, he is going to be itching to take money out now the TV money is pouring in but is wary of the PR backlash.

Ultimately there is not a lot one can do to shift the cowboy from the corporate bowl, other than the obvious - never ever setting foot inside there or wasting money on merchandise, sadly the AKB's and tourists will keep it mostly full and if not he can reduce the tickets a little which is more than covered by the toxic overseas TV money pouring in to keep him from doing us all a favour and selling up.

Arsenal died in 2011 once he got his hands on the club, largely thanks to Fiszman and PHW but Dein must take some blame..

Herd

Post by Herd »

Usmanov has a box at arsenal but then his company has a box at Chelsea too.
Football Clubs are collectable playthings for the Oligarch about town ,status symbols like pretty woman cars and houses !

It really doesn't make any difference who controls us we are screwed !

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Herd wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:48 am
Usmanov has a box at arsenal but then his company has a box at Chelsea too.
Football Clubs are collectable playthings for the Oligarch about town ,status symbols like pretty woman cars and houses !

It really doesn't make any difference who controls us we are screwed !
Yeah but at least with an oligarch we might actually win things along the way instead of being part of a greedy American's "sports portfolio" with no real interest in winning anything because it might cost money..

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Just seen the slimy c.unt being interviewed before tonight's game waxing lyrical about how Leicester, RB Leipzig, Atletico, Sevilla, Monaco etc have all shown how there is another way as opposed to spending money

Yeah and they've all got cracking managers and youth set-ups capable of producing at least one striker in 20 years who can make it in the first team

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:14 pm
Just seen the slimy c.unt being interviewed before tonight's game waxing lyrical about how Leicester, RB Leipzig, Atletico, Sevilla, Monaco etc have all shown how there is another way as opposed to spending money

Yeah and they've all got cracking managers and youth set-ups capable of producing at least one striker in 20 years who can make it in the first team
And we are not comparable with any of those clubs as even without Kroenke putting his hand in his pocket (haha as if that will ever happen!) we are financially far stronger than all of them in our own right.

Ivan and Arsene are so far up Stan's backside they might come out again when he burps.

Got no respect for either of them now since they just play along and 'earn' their money trying not to upset the apple cart.

:censored: