Welcome Alexandre Lacazette

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Eboue-Why?

Re: Welcome Alexandre Lacazette

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Herd wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:22 am
Im still not sure we signed him , I had a horrible dream last night and instead of him we'd signed Alanis Morrisette to sing the wonder of you as the teams came out !
...which is fine as long as she can play just behind the striker or maybe even as a false number 9 now and again!

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:02 am
flash gunner wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:15 am
One of the best things about this signing is that it dispels the bollocks that you have to be in the Champions League to attract the best players.... If you pay the money they will come even if you're playing in Division 3
True true true ^^^

The vast majority of modern mercenary footballers could give two shits about anything other than the money. You pay, they will play.
Hence the Chinese league being such a draw

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:31 pm
phpBB [video]
Fuck me,some of them goalkeepers in that league are pony,make Cech look like Neuer, :oops:

wibble

Post by wibble »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:33 pm
Herd wrote:
Im still not sure we signed him , I had a horrible dream last night and instead of him we'd signed Alanis Morrisette to sing the wonder of you as the teams came out !
...which is fine as long as she can play just behind the striker or maybe even as a false number 9 now and again!
Perhaps we've signed her by accident and she'll turn out to be the 'top 'quality' striker we've been missing for years

That would be ironic

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Herd wrote:
That would be ironic, don't ya think?

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Given the bidding war that has broken out to secure Lukaku's services, I am quite happy with what we paid for Lacazette.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

northbank123 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:33 pm
Herd wrote:
I see what you did there NB123!!

wibble

Post by wibble »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:29 am
northbank123 wrote:
Herd wrote:
Unfortunately he hadn't seen what I posted just before!
Great minds and all that...

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

Sorry, but I don't give two sh!ts we signed this bloke.

Wenger is just going to ruin him like he has ruined pretty much all the top talent at our club bar Sanchez. He will try and play him outwide, will not properly coach him, won't set up the gameplan properly to get the best out of him and he will go through the motions like the rest of the players under this 13 year failure of a manager.

Remember there is always a catch when a big player comes to the club under Wenger. Signing this bloke means Ozil and Sanchez are both pissing off. Just wait and see.

Seen it all before with this joke of a board and manager. Two more years of shit!! :censored:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

How times change. The £50m it would have taken to get Suarez a couple of years ago was baulked at, but now £52m for Lacazette is being hailed as a genius signing. I wish the bloke all the very best - seeing the Lamppost idle around up front poking his tongue out and stroking his beard was driving me to despair, whilst I'm desperate to like Welbeck for his attitude, but the simple facts and his scoring ratio suggest he will never be the signing we'd love him to be.

He's going to be joining at the same time that Sanchez is leaving, and in the way it killed Giroud for at least a year when RvP left, he will be up against it right from the start so I hope he has the balls for what is about to follow

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

If Perez didn't stand a chance before now - He is certainly fuckked now...A decent player that wenger bought and didn't give much of a chance to...typical of his utter incompetence.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Looking at his goals they are all balls he ran on two 1 of them was an impressive first touch, the rest he ran on to, were pens, or a chest down.

I don't think he will get the same ammount of space in England. Can anyone vouch for his first touch otherwise i fear he is like a French Walcott, who i imagine would score a few goals in France himself.

Midz

Post by Midz »

flash gunner wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:15 am
One of the best things about this signing is that it dispels the bollocks that you have to be in the Champions League to attract the best players.... If you pay the money they will come even if you're playing in Division 3
correct, so let's sort a deal that makes Sanchez happy.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

wibble wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:43 am
Eboue-Why? wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:29 am
northbank123 wrote:
Herd wrote:
Unfortunately he hadn't seen what I posted just before!
Great minds and all that...
Jostling for bronze medal position :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Oh dear, Lacazette has now gotta to overcome the curse of the number 9 shirt.
Someone have a word with Alan Smith, surely he can retract the curse he put on it.