Welcome Alexandre Lacazette

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rugby Gooner

Re: Welcome Alexandre Lacazette

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Neilers C wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:12 am
Great signing, hope he kicks the ground running and blasts us right back up the league. Looking forward to seeing what he can bring. Good luck.
I hope that he kicks the ball,not the ground. :D

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Great signing :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:01 am
Hopefully he is the 20+ PL goals a season striker we need, but I'll hold off spunking my kacks until he actually looks like he can do the job.

I'm not too worried about the France caps thing tbh. National managers don't always pick the best players and often have a soft spot or misplaced loyalty to lesser players. For example Smudger should have won a lot more than 13 Engerland caps and Wrighty should have won a lot more than 33 and Adams more than 66 (Piglips fucking Ferdinand has 81 ffs). :roll:

I just have this naggging feeling he will turn out to be about the same level as Giroud and Welbeck... hope I'm wrong. :|

We must keep track of this thread and we can bring it up in a couple years when all the posters on it are whining about him being "arrogant" or "cocky". :lol: :wink:
Well if that happens just merge it with the Giroud thread.

simples :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

All joking aside, I know fuckk all about him except that he is French and has cost us a shed load of Wonga - So I will reserve judgement for 2 seasons at least. (ie: judge him in May 2019 - a bit like wenger I guess).

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:58 am
Great signing :barscarf:
I agree Flash,I think that I actually started a sign him thread about 2 years ago.
I don't think that he needed to pull the,"I've always dreamed of playing for this club," bullshit though,only the AKB's and the "Emiration" believe that level of bollocks.
Also,I hope that the talk of signing Mahrez is rubbish.We shouldn't go anywhere near that lazy :censored:
He is just another that believes his own,and his agents publicity.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:01 am
Hopefully he is the 20+ PL goals a season striker we need, but I'll hold off spunking my kacks until he actually looks like he can do the job.

I'm not too worried about the France caps thing tbh. National managers don't always pick the best players and often have a soft spot for, or misplaced loyalty to, lesser players. For example Smudger should have won a lot more than 13 Engerland caps and Wrighty should have won a lot more than 33 and Adams more than 66 (Piglips fucking Ferdinand has 81 ffs). :roll:

I just have this naggging feeling he will turn out to be about the same level as Giroud and Welbeck... hope I'm wrong. :|

We must keep track of this thread and we can bring it up in a couple years when all the posters on it are whining about him being "arrogant" or "cocky". :lol: :wink:
Particularly french managers, just remember that mentalist Domenech.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Welcome and good luck Alex, you're going to need it round here :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

is there any danger of Wenger playing this guy out on the wing?

45m is a considerable amount of money but when you hear figures like 75m being chucked around for Lukaku and 200m for Harry Kane it's difficult to put anything into perspective these days.

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:34 am
Good luck to Laca and comiserations for the injury he will undoubtedly pick up within 4 weeks of starting training with us...........I'll guess at a hamstring going first....... :rubchin:

Spot ON! Anyhow it's going to be Alexis out on the 01st September, so it's a case of one in one out.

Big boots to fill and unlikely to challenge Wen**** :|

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

One of the best things about this signing is that it dispels the bollocks that you have to be in the Champions League to attract the best players.... If you pay the money they will come even if you're playing in Division 3

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:01 pm
is there any danger of Wenger playing this guy out on the wing?

45m is a considerable amount of money but when you hear figures like 75m being chucked around for Lukaku and 200m for Harry Kane it's difficult to put anything into perspective these days.
TBH I'd sign Fat Tongue Kane ahead of either Lacazette or Lukaku in a heartbeat. Knows the PL like the back of his hand so no "bedding-in" time required and he is a deadly finisher. Proven PL 20+ goals a season right there.

How did he end up at the fucking sewer playing for the vermin? What a waste. :roll: :x

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:15 am
One of the best things about this signing is that it dispels the bollocks that you have to be in the Champions League to attract the best players.... If you pay the money they will come even if you're playing in Division 3
True true true ^^^

The vast majority of modern mercenary footballers could give two shits about anything other than the money. You pay, they will play.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

flash gunner wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:15 am
United being a prime example last year.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Im still not sure we signed him , I had a horrible dream last night and instead of him we'd signed Alanis Morrisette to sing the wonder of you as the teams came out !