BGV To take over as Academy Manager

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: BGV To take over as Academy Manager

Post by Bradywasking »

Take the word Academy from the thread title and after the word Manager put "at a time of Wenger's choosing " in brackets...

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

No doubt wenker in is ultra-delusional mind thinks "Zees will rescue my yoof project"

:roll:

How many ex-players are there that could and would do a far better job. Yet again one of wenker' yes men. Expect to see the Big German Vadge with leather patches on the knees on his trousers in future.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

PV, DB, TH, TA, RP to name but a few but then each of those has potential character to argue with OGL and therefore would not be suitable, BGV on the otherhand is beholden to AW for keep his career going two/three years beyond its end :banghead:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

God, Wenger is feathering his nest with yes men!...

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

He's a right sneaky fuckerr isn't he. :evil:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

To be honest the old fucker will be working on his contract extension, he will have all his grovelling sideshow bobs in place within 18 months...
You really have to look at his tenure throughout his long dictatorship, and all the people he has stabbed in the back whilst breaking bread with them, I am sure the psychopath poisoned his elders at some stage...
What comes to my mind is his creepy crooked smile! :shock:

gp543

Post by gp543 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:20 pm
PV, DB, TH, TA, RP to name but a few but then each of those has potential character to argue with OGL and therefore would not be suitable, BGV on the otherhand is beholden to AW for keep his career going two/three years beyond its end :banghead:
Bergkamp, Vieira and Henry already have jobs far more consequential than managing an academy.

Pires might make sense given that he's already in the coaching team at the club.

Adams...are you joking? Hasn't he already proven enough times that he's dreadful in any sort of management capacity? Being so outwardly confrontational with your boss is hardly role model behavior for kids, some of whom are as young as 8 or 9. Barely any of the kids in the academy today were alive when TA played his last match for the club, having a more recent player in charge does make sense. Taking nothing away from his achievements as a player for the club, but he's a poor fit for the role and that's being kind.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gp543 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:14 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:20 pm
Bergkamp, Vieira and Henry already have jobs far more consequential than managing an academy.

Pires might make sense given that he's already in the coaching team at the club.

Adams...are you joking? Hasn't he already proven enough times that he's dreadful in any sort of management capacity? Being so outwardly confrontational with your boss is hardly role model behavior for kids, some of whom are as young as 8 or 9. Barely any of the kids in the academy today were alive when TA played his last match for the club, having a more recent player in charge does make sense. Taking nothing away from his achievements as a player for the club, but he's a poor fit for the role and that's being kind.
Whilst I agree 100% about Adams being a terrible manager, I disagree about the age thing. Someone is either a good manager or not. Age makes no difference.

On the subject of Adams, and this is not to denigrate his achievements as our greatest ever captain, but I think he needs to accept he will never be a good manager and maybe go down the coaching road instead. Great players don't automatically make great managers. Liam Brady is a perfect example of that.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The New Arsenal Academy,

Day 1.

BGV: "Ok guys. Ze ball is coming in at quite ze pace from ze wing. You are facing ze big nincompoopen Andy Carroll. What do you do?"
Kid 1: "Erm, try and out jump him?"
Kid 2: "Try and out muscle him?"
BGV: "Gott im Himmel!! Are you insane? Have you seen Keown's scar tissue? Have you seen ze state of Bould's eyebrows?! No you fucking mentalists - you get ze fuck out of his way! I'm starting to think some of you little schweinhunds are a bit on ze stupid side to be honest".

:suicide:

:wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Just gonna leave this one here....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:58 pm

Jawohl! I see you have found training slide number two. Sieg heil, mein Irlander cockfondler!

:D :wink:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:43 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:58 pm

Jawohl! I see you have found training slide number two. Sieg heil, mein Irlander cockfondler!

:D :wink:
Picture says it all..i seen him in the presser down under worming his way up le fartpipes fartpipe..yellow bellied yes man.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BGV: "Ok Schweinhunds. Look at ze training slide above. Ze right way. Ze wrong way. I am right, protecting my ginger head from ze damage. Adams is clearly wrong and acting ze nicompoopen! Zat ball vill hit him square in ze face or perhaps square in ze cockenhammer!"

BGV: "Now, slide number two, dummkopf! Vat is wrong vith zis picture?"

BGV: "Yes. I vas too slow to jump out of ze vay of ze other player. Look how his hand has disturbed my hair. You can almost hear me crying 'ooh my hair! My hair!!' can't you?"

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BGV: "Gott im Himmel!! Zat vas close!! Ze ball or ze foot could have grazed me in zis one!"

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: EXCELLENT Piccies there lads! Quality...Naay. Super, Super Top Qualiteee! :barscarf:

Can I carry zis on za petch boss so if za ball comes my way I can hide behind eet.