Charity Shield

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Charity Shield

Post by Gunner Rob »

9 wins in a row now at Wembley :shock: :barscarf:

lets hope we can make it 10 out of 10 v the scum 8)

Sean

Post by Sean »

A surprising victory :barscarf: I was planning to watch it live, but slept in. Just finally caught the MotD highlights, which I will be using for our pointless PL games under our Eternal Manager.

We appeared to be much stronger than I expected, although still conceded the same type of goal we always concede. Their sending off was crucial and Kolasinac scored on his debut forcing a penalty shoot-out, which we surprisingly won. I don't know what they were thinking in letting Courtois take an early penalty.

For me the only novelty for this season is how far we can get in the Europa League, which The Old Fraud is not prioritizing :roll: Other than that, we are a (domestic) cup side under TOF.

markyp

Post by markyp »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:10 am
markyp wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:05 am
LaughingGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:25 pm
markyp wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:57 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:23 pm
and Lacazette WTF!

What are you expecting ? He showed movement and a fair amount of ball skill , when he has Ozil providing and another forward making space for him he should be alright.
for a 50 m striker I expect a bit more than 'when Ozils in the team he will be alright' :shock:
Yeah, we gave him a good run. We gave him a good chance to prove himself.
Hope we can offload him before the transfer window ends...... :rubchin:

I guess you said the same of Chamakh and gervinho when we bought them as well??
[/

Don't forget Perez....chance after chance after chance we gave the man.....

markyp

Post by markyp »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:10 am
markyp wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:05 am
LaughingGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:25 pm
markyp wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:57 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:23 pm
and Lacazette WTF!

What are you expecting ? He showed movement and a fair amount of ball skill , when he has Ozil providing and another forward making space for him he should be alright.
for a 50 m striker I expect a bit more than 'when Ozils in the team he will be alright' :shock:
Yeah, we gave him a good run. We gave him a good chance to prove himself.
Hope we can offload him before the transfer window ends...... :rubchin:

I guess you said the same of Chamakh and gervinho when we bought them as well??
Don't forget Perez....chance after chance after chance we gave the man.....
Perez is totally different he actually looks good in the fleeting glimpses we saw,its not his fault wenger doesn't want him,if lacazette had played as well this pre season as what wed seen from perez last season id be excited about him but so far he has done nothing,even iwobi and welbeck outshone him yesterday! I never wanted us to sign him and as yet have seen nothing to change my mind,and as for 50m being the norm now how comes sanchez was being muted at 35m?

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Despite the outcome, Cech has still not saved a penalty for Arsenal I believe I'm correct in saying.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Out of contract in January. Means he can go on a free that's the difference.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Out of interest, was there any anti-Kroenke banners or chants at wembley?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Well I enjoyed that win. A bit more feisty than normal, and defeating the chavs is always a joy. Should've let Cech lift the shield.
It now seems that the community shield has become more important after mourinho started to include in his trophy haul. Nearly as much as Wenger has made finishing 4th as important as winning a trophy.
So we've won 13 league titles, 13 fa cups and 13 charity/community shields.

augie

Post by augie »

I see that useless fcukface bast*rd Walcott is mouthing off again in the press about how last sunday is an indicator that the club are ready to mount a serious challenge for the league this season - what is it about this absolute c.unt that he always has to mouth off in the press when he feels that he has done something vaguely important ? The w*nker never touched the ball in normal time but scores a penalty and thinks that he made a valuable contribution :roll: I have never seen him mouthing off after a great win that he wasn't playing in

I would absolutely inject this c.unt with a deadly virus and send the c.unt off into a dark room, cos for me him and wenker epitimise everything that is wrong with this bastardised version of our club :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

The funniest thing that I saw was the two blokes behind the goal who wave the big flags,(I assume from Red Action),fist bumping each other as if they were about to resume a Test batting partnership at Lords,just before the start of the second half. :lol: :roll:

herbert

Post by herbert »

Another good day at Wembley :barscarf:
Big positives for me were Holding who is improving rapidly and the new fella king kola and xhaka ,who had passing stats of 98 passes and 98 completed (not incuding the dodgy clearance :lol: ) and 1 was an assist

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:30 am
xisstential wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:11 pm
goonertux wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:01 pm
Just gotta hope they blaze 1 high and wide!
And they obliged...the one that did hit the target crashed in..while helmut head was on his knees on the opposite side of the goal.
It's what TOF would refer to as 'Special Circumstances'. :lol:
On first reading I was convinced that said special circumcision ( it was the helmet head that got me sidetracked)

beck

Post by beck »

Sean wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:14 pm
A surprising victory :barscarf: I was planning to watch it live, but slept in. Just finally caught the MotD highlights, which I will be using for our pointless PL games under our Eternal Manager.

We appeared to be much stronger than I expected, although still conceded the same type of goal we always concede. Their sending off was crucial and Kolasinac scored on his debut forcing a penalty shoot-out, which we surprisingly won. I don't know what they were thinking in letting Courtois take an early penalty.

For me the only novelty for this season is how far we can get in the Europa League, which The Old Fraud is not prioritizing :roll: Other than that, we are a (domestic) cup side under TOF.
Lost one of our last 8 penalty shoot outs at bradford( excluding pre season friendlys like bayern Munich) but including pre season friendlys like the charity shield