Charity Shield

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LaughingGooner

Re: Charity Shield

Post by LaughingGooner »

Just back. Brilliant day.
Great to catch up with everyone following the summer.
Talk of Conte mastering Wenger was proved to be a joke.
We got out tactics perfect again and the team selection worked very well.

Can't wait for Friday to come. :barscarf: :D

markyp

Post by markyp »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:23 pm
and Lacazette WTF!

What are you expecting ? He showed movement and a fair amount of ball skill , when he has Ozil providing and another forward making space for him he should be alright.
for a 50 m striker I expect a bit more than 'when Ozils in the team he will be alright' :shock:

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

markyp wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:57 pm
A11M11 wrote:
and Lacazette WTF!

What are you expecting ? He showed movement and a fair amount of ball skill , when he has Ozil providing and another forward making space for him he should be alright.
for a 50 m striker I expect a bit more than 'when Ozils in the team he will be alright' :shock:
Yeah, we gave him a good run. We gave him a good chance to prove himself.
Hope we can offload him before the transfer window ends...... :rubchin:

Sally Cinnamon

Post by Sally Cinnamon »

Nice win and good performance. Liked the look of Lacazette, really unlucky not to score. Seems to be comfortable both as a poacher and dropping deep linking with midfielders. Xhaka was outstanding bar the rash clearance. Their goal even afterwards could still easily have been prevented though. Bellerin and Ox were poor. Doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. We've won 2 Community Shields in the last few years and neither translated into a title challenge.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Always nice to beat the Chavski scum, especially at Wembley......and good for my eldest to kick off his Gooner Wembley debut with a win as I did 30 years ago. Hopefully he can avoid defeats to the likes of Luton and Birmingham :D

Thought we coped with them pretty well although if Morata had started I think he would have roughed our patched up back line......warning signs were there in the last 15 and I still wish we'd sign at least one centre half who can do the rough stuff. Holding is getting better but 1 more experienced CB in that mould would make a massive difference

Xhaka I have to say had his best game in the shirt - not been a fan at all (to say the least) but he was faultless today and passed really well. Most of the starting line did a decent job really. Wally by comparison was absolutely fucking gash as usual when he came on.

Thankfully we've found a way to win a shoot out without Cech having to make a save, which is just as fucking well really

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

LaughingGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:59 pm

The 18 point winning margin last season quickly forgotten... Wenger is a quick learner and all those pesky mistakes have all been put right. The league is ours...... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

markyp

Post by markyp »

LaughingGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:25 pm
markyp wrote:
A11M11 wrote:
and Lacazette WTF!

I guess you said the same of Chamakh and gervinho when we bought them as well??

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

markyp wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:05 am
LaughingGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:25 pm
markyp wrote:
A11M11 wrote:
and Lacazette WTF!

I guess you said the same of Chamakh and gervinho when we bought them as well??
Don't forget Perez....chance after chance after chance we gave the man.....

NickF

Post by NickF »

LaughingGooner wrote:

Thought we won on penalties??
How can the tactics be "perfect" if we didn't actually win in normal time. Just saying....

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

NickF wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:13 am
LaughingGooner wrote:

Thought we won on penalties??
How can the tactics be "perfect" if we didn't actually win in normal time. Just saying....
You just had to go and ruin it didn't you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Had a great day out ,picked the boy up from church ,took him to the adventure playground on Highbury Fields followed by swimming at Archway leisure before a feast including strawberries and ice cream .
Saw some people in red and white shirts scurrying around Angel Tube and wondered if something was happening .
Took a train home later and saw a sight rarer than spotting's of the Siberian Lynx ,Some black Chelsea supporters wearing their shirts !

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

50 million is chump change in this market , He's a good striker from a lower league if you want a top top striker then go and get Neymar , I am sure PSG would take a profit.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:40 am
Had a great day out ,picked the boy up from church ,took him to the adventure playground on Highbury Fields followed by swimming at Archway leisure before a feast including strawberries and ice cream .
Saw some people in red and white shirts scurrying around Angel Tube and wondered if something was happening .
Took a train home later and saw a sight rarer than spotting's of the Siberian Lynx ,Some black Chelsea supporters wearing their shirts !
WOW! That IS Rare......do they know they're not supposed to - wear chav shirts and ride the same tube/train as the rest of the non-black chavscum. :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:52 pm
Always nice to beat the Chavski scum, especially at Wembley......and good for my eldest to kick off his Gooner Wembley debut with a win as I did 30 years ago. Hopefully he can avoid defeats to the likes of Luton and Birmingham :D

Thought we coped with them pretty well although if Morata had started I think he would have roughed our patched up back line......warning signs were there in the last 15 and I still wish we'd sign at least one centre half who can do the rough stuff. Holding is getting better but 1 more experienced CB in that mould would make a massive difference

Xhaka I have to say had his best game in the shirt - not been a fan at all (to say the least) but he was faultless today and passed really well. Most of the starting line did a decent job really. Wally by comparison was absolutely fucking gash as usual when he came on.

Thankfully we've found a way to win a shoot out without Cech having to make a save, which is just as fucking well really

:lol: . :lol: . :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:11 pm
goonertux wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:01 pm
Just gotta hope they blaze 1 high and wide!
And they obliged...the one that did hit the target crashed in..while helmut head was on his knees on the opposite side of the goal.
It's what TOF would refer to as 'Special Circumstances'. :lol: