Charity Shield

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Eboue-Why?

Re: Charity Shield

Post by Eboue-Why? »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:57 am
Taking my lad to this tomorrow to complete my passing over of the baton - £25, money going to charity, he's never watched the Arsenal at Wembley and its his 17th birthday. From there on its up to him!

As for the game - I couldn't give a flying fuck. It will probably be a bore or another under prepared early season shambles.......I'll try to spend most of it taking selfies and checking my phone as I'm sure that's why you go to matches these days right?
When we go 3 up Steve I'll look out for you standing up, arms signaling a wide whilst proudly banging out a rendition of TO1AW!!!

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

If we lose, then its only a friendly, and if we win, then isn't it another trophy for Wenger. This is the amazing logic of the AKB'S

Sally Cinnamon

Post by Sally Cinnamon »

State of our team. No creativity whatsoever.

RobG

Post by RobG »

We badly miss Corzola.

We can get away with his absence if Sanchez plays. But if neither do, we are in trouble.

:( :(

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

He's had a shot
He's had a shot
Lacazette he's had a shot! :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

midfield is poor, like the look of Kolnasaic....too early to judge Lacazette, but had no service from our weak midfield

Can Chamberlain not cross a fucking ball???

Wellbeck tries hard works hard, but again don't think he is good enough..

Mr 30 years never did replace Santi.......

Ozil, Sanchez and Kos all to return, still predict 5/6th place finish

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

So, the diving cheating cun.t that is moses scores a goal - I would have thought he was still banned after his red card.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Wengers obsession with over passing remains, get in good positions and no one has a shot????
then end up short passing back to where they started

FFS someone have a go....Ah Wally is on... :rubchin:

jaysa123

Post by jaysa123 »

One thing that I have seen today that I rarely see is the ball looping up in the air and someone actually watching it, flying in, jumping and heading it (Kolasanic) instead of turning back or simply bottling it (Theo , Ramsey, Wellbeck, Ox, Xhaka, Nacho, Hector).

RobG

Post by RobG »

jaysa123 wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:28 pm
One thing that I have seen today that I rarely see is the ball looping up in the air and someone actually watching it, flying in, jumping and heading it (Kolasanic) instead of turning back or simply bottling it (Theo , Ramsey, Wellbeck, Ox, Xhaka, Nacho, Hector).
He does seem to have a bit of 'get stuck in' about him. Will it last ?

NickF

Post by NickF »

RobG wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:11 pm
We badly miss Corzola.

We can get away with his absence if Sanchez plays. But if neither do, we are in trouble.

:( :(
He has barely played for the last 2 seasons so we should have sorted this out by now.
Of course, I haven't managed a football team for 30 years, so what do i know... :roll:
Last edited by NickF on Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

RobG wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:34 pm
jaysa123 wrote:
How many players do we sign that have potential, only to see it knocked out of them by Wanker.

jaysa123

Post by jaysa123 »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:36 pm
RobG wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:34 pm
jaysa123 wrote:
How many players do we sign that have potential, only to see it knocked out of them by Wanker.
Of course. This is the problem.

Two things that could possibly suggest otherwise is that firstly he isnt a little, impressionable kid that Wenger can bully and secondly he is a beast and will barge Wenger through his office wall! ;-)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

If this goes to pens we are fuckked cos pete the plank couldn't save a green shield stamp. :?

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Just gotta hope they blaze 1 high and wide!