Best place you've watched Arsenal on TV

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
supergeorgegraham

Best place you've watched Arsenal on TV

Post by supergeorgegraham »

1998 Cairns Australia beating Newcastle 2v0 in the FA Cup Final. Cracking night

HARLOW GOONER

Re: Best place you've watched Arsenal on TV

Post by HARLOW GOONER »

In the shovel. Pentonville Nick. FA Cup Final v Chelsea 2002. It's only Ray Parlour!!! There's was loads of chavs and spuds on the remand wing who got abused that day.
And I got a Not Guilty the week after.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Watched the 5-0 against Porto in Taipei after a long night out and in the middle of the most insane rainstorm I've seen in my life. Made England seem like the Costa del Sol by comparison!

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Pv's debut, out of mind on cheap shots in some dumb in Majorca. 4-1 against Wednesday I think, happy days, he was awsome that night.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

At home, with no distractions...years ago I would always go into the Dublin Arsenal Supporters Club for games, but the superfan element became tedious..Go to another Dublin pub and it's full of loudmouths who support (loose description of word) Man U , Victims or Celtic .

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

lots of great places to lots of great wins, but the one that sticks in my memory was our worst defeat.

August 2011 - Manchester United away...

got a superb spot in a beach bar in the Greek Islands. great atmosphere.

then the goals started going in. I remember texting some friends back home when they got 7 that I would jump in the sea if they got 8 :lol:
that was a very wet and depressing evening... :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:39 am
At home, with no distractions...years ago I would always go into the Dublin Arsenal Supporters Club for games, but the superfan element became tedious..Go to another Dublin pub and it's full of loudmouths who support (loose description of word) Man U , Victims or Celtic .
Yeah, perfect description of the sorry saga of Dublin Goonerdom, buddy. :| :(

Best TV location for me was nuts deep doggy style in the girlfriend of the time, can of ice-cold beer in hand, a line of Colombia's finest up my nose, Arsenal jersey on... sometime in about 1991... just always wanted to do it that way. I know, classy. 8)

hertsgunner

Post by hertsgunner »

In a club the year we played the scum in the fa cup semi final at old Trafford, plenty of scum mouthing off when they went 1 nil up, kept my mouth shut until we went 2,1 up then all hell broke loose me,my old man,my brother in law went beserk beer flying everywhere they melted didn't know what to do they spent the whole match slagging us off and didn't realise we were amongst them, always a gunner never a runner.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

hertsgunner wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:56 pm
In a club the year we played the scum in the fa cup semi final at old Trafford, plenty of scum mouthing off when they went 1 nil up, kept my mouth shut until we went 2,1 up then all hell broke loose me,my old man,my brother in law went beserk beer flying everywhere they melted didn't know what to do they spent the whole match slagging us off and didn't realise we were amongst them, always a gunner never a runner.
Sweet. 8) I remember watching the famous Kanu hat trick chav game in a pub in north Dublin called The Swiss Cottage and it was full of Oirish Manure fans, Mouser fans and a table full of mouthy as fuck scum fans. The Swiss could be rough the odd time and deffo had a knacker element in it but it was a good spot for a few beers and to watch live games. This was back in the day when we would wear jerseys to the pub to watch games if we were not over for them, so there were obviously a few "friendly" exchanges... also no chav fans to be seen, unlike now... :oops: :roll:

When the chav went two nil up the fucking vermin sitting in front of us went mental - I thought the scum had won a trophy or something! Of course we all know what happened then with Kanu getting cult hero status for his hat trick. :D 8) When the third one went in I couldn't resist and just leaped right into the middle of the scum and was yelling and jostling them. It was fucking hilarious, they didn't know what to do. Only afterwards one of my mates said he was shitting it as he thought they were gonna kick off but fuck em they were vadges and all mouth. :lol: :box:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ "Care free wherever you may be, Chelsea got two but Kanu got three" ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ :barscarf: :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:33 am
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ "Care free wherever you may be, Chelsea got two but Kanu got three" ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ :barscarf: :lol:
Watched this game on the big screen at Highbury....... Was incredible :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:59 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Watched this game on the big screen at Highbury....... Was incredible :barscarf:
I remember he lifted the shot for one of those goals out of the biggest deepest puddle I've ever seen on a football pitch... :lol: :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:08 am
flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
I remember he lifted the shot for one of those goals out of the biggest deepest puddle I've ever seen on a football pitch... :lol: :barscarf:
Didn't Gary Lineker say " who worries about a flood when you have a Kanu?" or something similar on MOTD?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:22 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:08 am
flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Didn't Gary Lineker say " who worries about a flood when you have a Kanu?" or something similar on MOTD?
haha I think the jug eared loser did say that alright.... :oops: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Last Season when the TV wasn't working.