The PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Sean

Re: The PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES Thread

Post by Sean »

Were there some games on this weekend? Cashburton Cup, or something? :roll:

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I remember the days when we won proper pre-season trophies against decent teams...Makita Tournament 1988 and 1989, and 1994 Tottenham, Bayern Munich, Liverpool, Porto, Napoli and Real Sociadad.

beck

Post by beck »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:40 pm
I remember the days when we won proper pre-season trophies against decent teams...Makita Tournament 1988 and 1989, and 1994 Tottenham, Bayern Munich, Liverpool, Porto, Napoli and Real Sociadad.
I remember when we lost in 1990 to sampdoria with some comic cuts defending a ball over the top
We went on to win the league losing once

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Sally Cinnamon wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:49 am
Early days I know but Lacazette's first touch is seriously concerning. Giroud is definitely better in that aspect. Hopefully Lacazette is better in the "score some goals and don't pound the turf when you miss a sitter in an important match" aspect.

"Sally Cinnamon"? :rubchin:

"General" is back.... :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

If this preseason has told us anything then it's that we are in for a long sloppy shit old season again.

Bellerin is still pants. No pace, reluctant to ever take the oppo player on, terrible touch, no end product. If the Whores are mental enough to want him then fucking sell him quick! WTF is it with Wenger and wing backs? He turns promising and good backs into shit within a season or two... we've seen it with Cliche, Sagna, Gibbs, Monreal and Bellerin. :roll:

The insanity of Elneny as CB will haunt us if Wenger sticks with it. He sells himself too early 90% of the time. Accident waiting to happen.

Cech is now so slow and past it he should retire out of self respect ffs. :oops: :roll:

Danny Welwide again demonstrated why Manure were thrilled to offload him to us. Awful awful finisher. He wouldn't even be the top striker at Crystal Palace. :(

I know its his first couple of games, and a new country, and Wenger playing him wide etc but Lacazette showed why he's behind Giroud in the Freench pecking order. He is not a £50m striker in anyone's world except Wenger's. His first touch is well dodgy. Strikes me Wenger signed him because he likes to pass rather than shoot... :| :roll: Fingers crossed he improves and adapts to the PL but I will bet my right testicle we will never get even a single 20+ PL goal season out of him.

The Ox is still frustrating as fuck. Moments of real drive and class bracketed by utter gash mistakes and very little end product. Somewhere in there is a top class player but Wenger will never get it out of him.

The single world class pass I've seen all summer came from Ozil yesterday and peeled open the Savilla defence... and then he instantly went into "Meh" mode for the rest of the game. He looks less motivated than ever and I reckon he has given up and will now just collect the insane money Wenger will give him. A decent manager would bring out the best in a player with absolute world class vision and technique but zero motivation or drive. Anyone that can't see that does not understand football at the top level.

Kolašinac looks up for it but needs to hit the gym big time! :lol:

The rest? Xhaka still likes a dirty pointless cowardly chop on the half way line... Walcott is still bog average on superstar wages... Ospina still scares the shit out of his own CH's... the new yoof players are poor to average at best... :|

Having said all that we will probably scrape 4th and get back into the Be All & End All just because the PL is so shit nowadays... :roll:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Was on the piss with Arsenal mates for a stag do up west Saturday and later a birthday do,all Arsenal ,none went or bothered to check the scores only found out this am .
I dont care anymore !

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Herd wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:14 am
Was on the piss with Arsenal mates for a stag do up west Saturday and later a birthday do,all Arsenal ,none went or bothered to check the scores only found out this am .
I dont care anymore !
How i feel too mate. It was on TV (Quest channel :shock: ) Saturday i didnt even bother watching

Red Heron

Post by Red Heron »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:49 am
If this preseason has told us anything then it's that we are in for a long sloppy shit old season again.

Bellerin is still pants. No pace, reluctant to ever take the oppo player on, terrible touch, no end product. If the Whores are mental enough to want him then fucking sell him quick! WTF is it with Wenger and wing backs? He turns promising and good backs into shit within a season or two... we've seen it with Cliche, Sagna, Gibbs, Monreal and Bellerin. :roll:

The insanity of Elneny as CB will haunt us if Wenger sticks with it. He sells himself too early 90% of the time. Accident waiting to happen.

Cech is now so slow and past it he should retire out of self respect ffs. :oops: :roll:

Danny Welwide again demonstrated why Manure were thrilled to offload him to us. Awful awful finisher. He wouldn't even be the top striker at Crystal Palace. :(

I know its his first couple of games, and a new country, and Wenger playing him wide etc but Lacazette showed why he's behind Giroud in the Freench pecking order. He is not a £50m striker in anyone's world except Wenger's. His first touch is well dodgy. Strikes me Wenger signed him because he likes to pass rather than shoot... :| :roll: Fingers crossed he improves and adapts to the PL but I will bet my right testicle we will never get even a single 20+ PL goal season out of him.

The Ox is still frustrating as fuck. Moments of real drive and class bracketed by utter gash mistakes and very little end product. Somewhere in there is a top class player but Wenger will never get it out of him.

The single world class pass I've seen all summer came from Ozil yesterday and peeled open the Savilla defence... and then he instantly went into "Meh" mode for the rest of the game. He looks less motivated than ever and I reckon he has given up and will now just collect the insane money Wenger will give him. A decent manager would bring out the best in a player with absolute world class vision and technique but zero motivation or drive. Anyone that can't see that does not understand football at the top level.

The rest? Xhaka still likes a dirty pointless cowardly chop on the half way line... Walcott is still bog average on superstar wages... Ospina still scares the shit out of his own CH's... the new yoof players are poor to average at best... :|

Having said all that we will probably scrape 4th and get back into the Be All & End All just because the PL is so shit nowadays... :roll:
Wow perfect summary of the pre season so far but you missed out on 2 positives from the Cashburton Cup. The Mexican wave was perfect and the club shop ran out of stock! Arsene fc and wiggy laughing all the way to the bank! Football is dead!

Herd

Post by Herd »

I would issue 10 year banning orders for mexican wave activity !

NickF

Post by NickF »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:20 am
Herd wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:14 am
I dont care anymore !
How i feel too mate. It was on TV (Quest channel :shock: ) Saturday i didnt even bother watching
I honestly didn't even know we were playing until my brother texted me the score. I was far too busy avoiding the rain at the Oval on Saturday and at a beer festival on Sunday. Each to their own, but they are friendlies and the opposition gets worse every year, yet people are still happy to go.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Red Heron wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:56 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:49 am

Wow perfect summary of the pre season so far but you missed out on 2 positives from the Cashburton Cup. The Mexican wave was perfect and the club shop ran out of stock! Arsene fc and wiggy laughing all the way to the bank! Football is dead!
:lol: :lol: 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I must have blanked out his "performance" - only explanation for not mentioning the Big German Vagina. :oops: :lol: After his admittedly awesome swansong in the FA Cup Mauling of Chav$ki, the BGV is back to his slow ponderous fucking useless worst. :roll: :|

Sally Cinnamon

Post by Sally Cinnamon »

Hope Quest don't get Europa League rights for next season all of a sudden. Worse picture quality than most of the online streams I've used.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Herd wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:04 am
I would issue 10 year banning orders for mexican wave activity !
should all be shot....

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Sally Cinnamon wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:21 pm
Hope Quest don't get Europa League rights for next season all of a sudden. Worse picture quality than most of the online streams I've used.
yeah but no fucking expert analysts getting on your nerves thats was a plus