LEICESTER CITY HOME GAME THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: LEICESTER CITY HOME GAME THREAD

Post by SteveO 35 »

Comedy, rag bag win

Lets him how the patched up midget back line copes with the Stoke bully boys !

NickF

Post by NickF »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:10 pm

Delighted with the win but the euphoria of the last 10 minutes wears off quick when you look at the bigger picture.

Lessons learnt from last season - ZERO.
Most just see the win and never look at the bigger picture.
As far as lessons learnt, we are the classic doing exactly the same thing and expecting the result to be different. All the coaches and support staff are the same so why would the end result change?

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

A last moment snatch win. You just know we will be involved in these arm wrestles with teams like Leicester all season, but unlike this one, we wont snatch two late goals to win in all other games.

If we sell Sanchez, then we give up

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

We're 3 points clear of "Scum". :barscarf: :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Watched the goals go in at each end last night with equal indifference. This was Arsenal in a nutshell , and for the worshipping masses the end result renders all that went before irrelevant..
Where to start?, Cech was a disaster for the first goal as was Kolasinac..Why Cech had to follow such a high ball is beyond me..Central defence was all over the place..Holding is already or will become the new Chambers and that is happening with a central defender from one of the greatest defences in English football history sat meekly on the bench.
Monreal was shouting at everyone after a Leicester goal, bit late Nacho..Kolasinac in fairness showed up better in second half..Ox ran himself into the ground on the left, once he got up to the Leicester box only to turn around and see no one had bothered joining him..Bellerin looks a shadow of the player he was two seasons ago.
There was a sameness in midfield, one ordainry midfielder Elneny trying but exposed , one moderately good midfielder Xhaka playing in fits and starts, glimpses of quality mixed with pedestrian stuff ,and one quality midfielder Ozil ghosting through the game at times..
Lacassete was excellent, great finish, good touch and control and decent in tight spaces..Also showed an energy reminiscent of the soon to depart Sanchez...Welbeck has been praised by many including me for his honesty of effort..And the same could be said about last night but he is not a top quality striker, his goal was living proof of that. Stumbled over the ball and put it back towards the keeper rather than the more open right side of the goal.
Two subs worked,I am a critic of both Giroud and Ramsey but both did do what was required last night dare I say Ramsey brought energy to midfield.? Theo got a cameo role ..if anyone doesn't believe me..he did honestly!!
Laugh of the night was the annoying Jamie Carragher saying Steve Bould has a lot of work to do...of course he has but he won't or won't be allowed. Thought Carragher and Taylor 's whinging about Ozil's "handball " was over the top..ball struck arm but can you honestly say it was deliberate.
The biggest single factor in the game changing was the Leicester substitution of a midfielder for a striker when they were ahead and in control..Craig Knows...
But all is well in Wenger land ..top of the league...

REB

Post by REB »

we won a cracking game with our 3 main center backs all out , team fought and never gave up so cut them some slack. great win and a great 3 points :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I shouldnt be caring but having stayed in chatting to me mum down here in bournemouth ,i shot out at half time when she said she was going to bed. the defending for the vardy goal was a normal shambles and we started the balls in 5 mins early but it came off. apart from that lcfc looked like they could cut us apart with 2 passes. nonthing learned. we will be lucky to get 4th place .

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

we won in a thrilling game, everything is now marvellous...... :rubchin: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

This could have easily been different and all the sheep would have been booing, how fickle are these supporters?

Massive issues in the team nothing resolved, yes we won but next time we won't.....

Wenger is a massive fraud, a liar and a deluded ego maniac......nothing will change unless he goes

jmp442

Post by jmp442 »

Why are we never ready for the start of the season? Absolute shambles again and lucky it was only Leicester.

Great win but so frustrating that nothing has changed. We should have been ruthless this summer and culled all the dead wood, regardless if we take a hit financially. Trim the squad, bring in what you need and be ready for the first game. :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Some of the Arsenal goals conceded were shocking......what the fuck was Cech doing...

Get a proper keeper in there another CB and a top quality midfielder quickly......

anyway TOF trotted out the mental strength quote...he never disappoints

Stoke and scouse next up....that should be a good test , will be a good test

Midz

Post by Midz »

Despite all the criticism we won our first game of the season which is a vast improvement :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Midz wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:49 am
Despite all the criticism we won our first game of the season which is a vast improvement :barscarf:
Only shipped 3 goals at home instead of 4 as well! Great to see the defensive work has been put in over the summer! :D :oops:

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:10 pm
The 3 goals we conceded were piss poor but the third was especially pathetic. Exactly the same as West Brom away last season. Nobody taking ownership, nobody attacking the ball, everyone just standing and watching. Horrific to watch.

Delighted with the win but the euphoria of the last 10 minutes wears off quick when you look at the bigger picture.

Lessons learnt from last season - ZERO.
Rodders.. Spot on! Terrible defending..........

How on earth could we have the CB pairing of last night!

We pay Wenger how much per season? He should get 2M MAX. and the rest of performance bonuses...... :|

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

REB wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:58 am
we won a cracking game with our 3 main center backs all out , team fought and never gave up so cut them some slack. great win and a great 3 points :barscarf:
The mind boggles...we use the Laugh out load comment so often but this actually made me.

If someone dares say "It was only Leicester" the reply will be...they were League Champions!!

Every single problem that was there last season and the season before and the seas....... are all still there, as are the "coaching staff" and of course so is Mr 30 years. NOTHING has changed, the outcome at the end of the season will be the same. And as long as we are winning the squad we have will "suffice" When the wheels have ALL come off the window will have closed.

shu

Post by shu »

REB wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:58 am
Well said , a win is a great start. Look i am anti wenger like everyone else but looking on here it looks like most of you wanted us to lose.

I feel far happier this morning after a 4-3 win than i would have had we lost.