LEICESTER CITY HOME GAME THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: LEICESTER CITY HOME GAME THREAD

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:51 am
REB wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:58 am
we won a cracking game with our 3 main center backs all out , team fought and never gave up so cut them some slack. great win and a great 3 points :barscarf:
The mind boggles...we use the Laugh out load comment so often but this actually made me.

If someone dares say "It was only Leicester" the reply will be...they were League Champions!!

Every single problem that was there last season and the season before and the seas....... are all still there, as are the "coaching staff" and of course so is Mr 30 years. NOTHING has changed, the outcome at the end of the season will be the same. And as long as we are winning the squad we have will "suffice" When the wheels have ALL come off the window will have closed.
Yeah that just about sums it up.....the fickle nature of "fans" never ceases to amaze....all rosy now we won our last game... :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Have to say on a different note, Giroud is an interesting guy, seems really fired up almost unstoppable when he has something to prove other times when he was guaranteed a spot just went through the motions, grimacing, looking at the sky and ear cupping all in his own little world as if detached from the team.

When he is fired up the guy is very useful, his headers and flicks and general technique is very good, the physical presence in the box.....a real handful and almost inevitable he will score

If only he played like that every week....

Kolnasiac is looking decent, like his spirit.....also Lacazette took his goal well....looks a goalscorer

Georgeknew

Post by Georgeknew »

Well that was fun last night :lol: Absolute shambles at the back with that patched up defence. Still, normally we lose comedy games like that so I'll take the 3 points! :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:28 am
Have to say on a different note, Giroud is an interesting guy, seems really fired up almost unstoppable when he has something to prove other times when he was guaranteed a spot just went through the motions, grimacing, looking at the sky and ear cupping all in his own little world as if detached from the team.

When he is fired up the guy is very useful, his headers and flicks and general technique is very good, the physical presence in the box.....a real handful and almost inevitable he will score

Kolnasiac is looking decent, like his spirit.....also Lacazette took his goal well....looks a goalscorer
Again, I would put that lazy, lackadaisical attitude down to Wenger. He NEVER holds his players to account..... Like it is with him, it's always somebody else's fault. Seriously is there a better place in the world to earn a living?? You get ridiculously overpaid in comparison to your actual worth, and as long as you don't question or backchat Mr.30 years, you have a comfy job for the rest of your life. If you don't want to leave, you don't have to...Simple as that.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:41 am
Redarmy wrote:

Again, I would put that lazy, lackadaisical attitude down to Wenger. He NEVER holds his players to account..... Like it is with him, it's always somebody else's fault. Seriously is there a better place in the world to earn a living?? You get ridiculously overpaid in comparison to your actual worth, and as long as you don't question or backchat Mr.30 years, you have a comfy job for the rest of your life. If you don't want to leave, you don't have to...Simple as that.
Well yes thats what i was eluding to....you are spot on again........he is totally negligent in that area...look at Ozil last night, just drifting along...i bet nothing said....

General

Post by General »

Redarmy wrote:

He is a useful player but he cannot be anything other than backup at a top club. Once Leicester sat deep, he became an obvious option. If we had a powerful and dominant midfield we could probably negate some of his weaknesses but pace is paramount for the most part in the fraud's outdated philosophy. Welbeck is another flawed one. Ok till he gets close to goal then gets a brain fade. He very nearly botched the second goal.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Lacazette goal was very good.

we've been crap at the back for so long I can't remember.

Remember the Liverpool, West ham, Villa? doesn't it feel just a little bit better to have won?

i'll be moaning about himself and the rest as of next week but for the moment I'm happier than if we'd lost or drawn. :barscarf:

Sean

Post by Sean »

Was there a game on? :roll:

I've only seen the goals on the news. I feel it is utterly pointless watching this meaningless league shite and giving myself heart trouble watching us pass sideways and fuck up defensively for the millionth time. Same old mistakes, same old errors and cluster-fucks from set pieces and aerial balls, same old dodgy goalkeeping, same old useless fucking fraud in the dugout.

I'm glad Lacazette got off the mark quickly enough. Was he, our record signing, played out of position to accommodate the ear-cupper? It stands to reason that TOF's spiritual sons score the goals to save our arses. I heard the Cashburton roars from home. I don't think Leicester will be as shite as last season, but it was a pain to see us do our best to fuck it up. It seems the crowd were grumbling as usual before we lucked out, it would have been ripe for turning already even if it's hopeless that they would ever hound the bastard out. TOF's deal with the devil is as strong as ever.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

General wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:55 am
Redarmy wrote:

He is a useful player but he cannot be anything other than backup at a top club. Once Leicester sat deep, he became an obvious option. If we had a powerful and dominant midfield we could probably negate some of his weaknesses but pace is paramount for the most part in the fraud's outdated philosophy. Welbeck is another flawed one. Ok till he gets close to goal then gets a brain fade. He very nearly botched the second goal.
Agreed truth in that you have to play to his strengths basically quick delivery of the ball in to the box, he's never been the most mobile striker :D

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Last night just reinforced what we all know, nothing will change while Mr 30 years remains in charge of the whole operation.
So as long as I go to the game having had enough Guinnesses not to give a shit, with no expectations and telling myself that it's pointless getting angry then I can enjoy it for what it is, just a game of footie where we turn it round in the last 7 mins.
Blokes all around me were getting so stressed but what's the point, what is the point? It's just pointless so my advice is go there, have a few beers, don't get stressed and enjoy it for what it is.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:20 am
xisstential wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:51 am
REB wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:58 am
we won a cracking game with our 3 main center backs all out , team fought and never gave up so cut them some slack. great win and a great 3 points :barscarf:
The mind boggles...we use the Laugh out load comment so often but this actually made me.

If someone dares say "It was only Leicester" the reply will be...they were League Champions!!

Every single problem that was there last season and the season before and the seas....... are all still there, as are the "coaching staff" and of course so is Mr 30 years. NOTHING has changed, the outcome at the end of the season will be the same. And as long as we are winning the squad we have will "suffice" When the wheels have ALL come off the window will have closed.
Yeah that just about sums it up.....the fickle nature of "fans" never ceases to amaze....all rosy now we won our last game... :barscarf:
if we had at least one decent DM he would have given the makeshift defence some protection but xhaka is useless,i guess that's not down to wenger though,im guessing that's Kreonkes fault for buying a ranch or something

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Ultimately yes it is Mark, blame Wenger all you want but Stan is the man who keeps employing him and allowing him to make the shit purchases, employ woeful tactics and generally get everything wrong.

Last season proved to me at least that as long as Stan is in charge Wenger will get a free ride.

As for the game we were shit, they were shit but we won so i'm going to enjoy us winning individual matches because that is all there is at Arsenal PLC these days, one off results like the FA Cup win are where we are as a club

markyp

Post by markyp »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:59 pm
Ultimately yes it is Mark, blame Wenger all you want but Stan is the man who keeps employing him and allowing him to make the shit purchases, employ woeful tactics and generally get everything wrong.

Last season proved to me at least that as long as Stan is in charge Wenger will get a free ride.

As for the game we were shit, they were shit but we won so i'm going to enjoy us winning individual matches because that is all there is at Arsenal PLC these days, one off results like the FA Cup win are where we are as a club
don't get me wrong I enjoy the wins,i hate waking up after another clusterfuck even though they make wengers life a misery not just ours,we are never gonna get that bad that it gets wenger the sack,i don't even think relegation would do that its just that so many fuckwits think that its going to be our year just because we win one game,it boils my piss.Regarding Stan it makes you wonder how another manager would fair under him,say for example one season he won us the league so stans quids in but the following we don't even make Europa league football meaning stans quids out,would he be sacked?? this status quo we get with wenger is mind numbing,what is the bear minimum according to wiggy?

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

There is no bear minimum, the club makes money and he doesn't have to risk investing any of his own cash, look at his US sports franchises - they are all rubbish because he doesn't give a toss really as long as they are profitable.

As long as there isn't a major revolt or we start losing money, neither of which is likely to happen, then just enjoy the wins when they come, I would suggest doing this from afar using "streaming options" rather than wasting your time/money on going to games or paying for Sky though,

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

The minimum is a lucrative black column in the accounts book, as long as we're making pots of cash nothing else matters. As long as we get enough results throughout the season to keep the majority of the sheep happy then there is no problem as far as Stan 'The Cashman' Kroenke is concerned.

The thing with Wenger as much as i can't stand the fucker he does have something that most other managers don't have and unfortunately that is consistency, no matter how bad things get he always manages to pull things together to survive and quiet any dissent from any angles, supporters, board and media. He always, always does just enough at the right moment to put a lid on things :banghead:

It's positively uncanny how he can consistently pick himself up off the ground, drag enough out the team and turn things around....... i fcuking despise the man :cussing: :banghead: :cussing:

This was even apparant in Fridays result, we were all over the place losing at home in the opening game of the season, sections of supporters were getting fractious and yet he manages to throw on two underpar subs who yet again save his bacon and keep the sheep happy, unbelievable how lucky this man is :cry: