MASCOT (BIT OF A VANITY THREAD)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
greengooner

Re: MASCOT (BIT OF A VANITY THREAD)

Post by greengooner »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:47 pm
Fair play to him,and I hope that he has a good day,but the mass mascot thing is just another example of the bollocks that is modern football,the same as T-Shirt cannons,members days,and the chance to "win" an audience with a player if the number on your programme is picked.
There used to be 1 mascot per team,now there are 11 a side.
Great for the kids,but it just drags out that stupid pre-match handshaking bullshit,and reinforces the fake mutual respect bollocks.
I get your point but at the end of the day a 10 year old gets to meet his team, that never happened to me in "the good old days", also as far as i'm aware he's the only mascot, past programmes I've looked at only feature a single mascot per game, I think the 11 mascots is only a European thing, I may be wrong on this

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

greengooner wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:22 am
Rugby Gooner wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:47 pm
Fair play to him,and I hope that he has a good day,but the mass mascot thing is just another example of the bollocks that is modern football,the same as T-Shirt cannons,members days,and the chance to "win" an audience with a player if the number on your programme is picked.
There used to be 1 mascot per team,now there are 11 a side.
Great for the kids,but it just drags out that stupid pre-match handshaking bullshit,and reinforces the fake mutual respect bollocks.
I get your point but at the end of the day a 10 year old gets to meet his team, that never happened to me in "the good old days", also as far as i'm aware he's the only mascot, past programmes I've looked at only feature a single mascot per game, I think the 11 mascots is only a European thing, I may be wrong on this
Cool. I hope that he has a great day. :barscarf:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Hope he sticks one on Walcott! :barscarf: :barscarf:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

My boy had a great day on Saturday, went into ground at about 10:30, into his own dressing room with his kit laid out for him, little vip sign on the door with his name on it. Once changed he was given a personalized program with his name printed on the team sheet as a keepsake of the day, we were then lead down to where the players bus drops the squad into the ground where he got to greet the team, high fives everywhere. Down pitch side then for a while to kill time, a sit in wengers heated leather seat ( now I know why he never gets up) then he was brought to the dressing room to get his item signed by the players and get his photos. He got interviewed on the big screen then, poor wee fella was freezing by then, rotten wet day but he enjoyed it, lead the team out, had a wee kick about with gunnersaurus and we were then led to our seats, great day and great result, easy to find fault with the club but they treated my boy well and gave him some great memories.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

greengooner wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:03 am
My boy had a great day on Saturday, went into ground at about 10:30, into his own dressing room with his kit laid out for him, little vip sign on the door with his name on it. Once changed he was given a personalized program with his name printed on the team sheet as a keepsake of the day, we were then lead down to where the players bus drops the squad into the ground where he got to greet the team, high fives everywhere. Down pitch side then for a while to kill time, a sit in wengers heated leather seat ( now I know why he never gets up) then he was brought to the dressing room to get his item signed by the players and get his photos. He got interviewed on the big screen then, poor wee fella was freezing by then, rotten wet day but he enjoyed it, lead the team out, had a wee kick about with gunnersaurus and we were then led to our seats, great day and great result, easy to find fault with the club but they treated my boy well and gave him some great memories.
Glad he had a good one mate

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

greengooner wrote:
Arsenal still have some class...delighted the young lad had a great and memorable day.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

greengooner wrote:
Delighted for your boy, mate. Hopefully that has cemented Goonerdom in him for life. What a game to be mascot for! :barscarf:

Also, it's good to see that on occasion our much maligned club can still show a bit of the class we used to be revered for. 8)

richie powling

Post by richie powling »

greengooner wrote:
great to hear he had an enjoyable day :mrgreen:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

greengooner wrote:
Sounds like the kind of day any young Gooner would and will cherish all his days. Well done to the club also - Credit where it is due. :barscarf:

herbert

Post by herbert »

greengooner wrote:
Glad to hear that your boy had a great day and they looked after him so well :barscarf:

RobG

Post by RobG »

greengooner wrote:

Great to hear that GG. He'll never forget it :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

greengooner wrote:
Lovely to hear on occasion that our once great club still retain some class every now and then.
Very happy for your lad :barscarf: :barscarf: and trust you enjoyed it just as much.