Orcs (A) 4th/5th/6th/7th placed trophy Sat 19th August KO 1730 BTSport1

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
General

Re: Orcs (A) 4th/5th/6th/7th placed trophy Sat 19th August KO 1730 BTSport1

Post by General »

Round holes square pegs all over the place. You have two left backs at centre back and a regular right back at left wing back. No serious coach with tactical acumen would persevere with 3 at back despite lacking CBs and having more midfielders on the bench. It's tunnel vision at its worst and to make matters worse you have 2 cloggers in midfield offloading 5yard passes all over the place. The goal itself was pathetic and typically defended in weak fashion all round. Quell surprise.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

General wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:56 pm
Round holes square pegs all over the place. You have two left backs at centre back and a regular right back at left wing back. No serious coach with tactical acumen would persevere with 3 at back despite lacking CBs and having more midfielders on the bench. It's tunnel vision at its worst and to make matters worse you have 2 cloggers in midfield offloading 5yard passes all over the place. The goal itself was pathetic and typically defended in weak fashion all round. Quell surprise.
Comical stuff really isn't it?.

I wonder at what stage the "hostile environment" will turn up again or even the buzz from the skies?.

:lol:

NickF

Post by NickF »

wilko49er wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:49 pm
At least Lee speaks sense.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J4JZwqpIeMQ
How many times has this been said over the years and yet we are still saying it?
We protested, but when push comes to shove the vast majority either back the manager or simply couldn't be bothered.

Todays result is not in the least bit surprising as it happens year in year out. You reap what you sow.
Glad I am out of it.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

General wrote:

You just have to laugh these days, don't you? The mere fact that this *word censored* is still so fucking blind to every single fucking lingering problem that hasn't been fixed in a decade is just soul-destroying. The *word censored* has just destroyed the souls of the real fans. Nobody fucking cares any more.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Forget the 4 or 5 good chances Welbz had & the 80% posession, we were limp dicks again today. Any Arsenal side that ends a match with Walcott, Giroud, Iwobi, Belerin (not a left back),Ramsi & not forgetting our right winger Mustafi on the field at the end of the game IS CRAP. Ozil also played at his usual slow slow pace throughout the game except for one burst of speed that had me almost coming !!. How many back passes can one team play in one match ?? Feckin too many. I don't think Alexis will fancy this lot. :barscarf: :barscarf:

dave e

Post by dave e »

Ozil to be given £200k plus a week :shock: :banghead:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

General wrote:
Because he embarks on something and then refuses to change.... or adapt to the circumstances. I set this up, it has to work That is how pig headed the man is... it's not working, the available personell do not fit the formation yet he persists as though to change would be an admission that he was wrong. It's insanity.

If he was a military commander he would get his entire Company wiped out in a day, then blame the enemy.

The man is borderline insane. Narcissism at it's most dangerous.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:14 am
General wrote:
Because he embarks on something and then refuses to change.... or adapt to the circumstances. I set this up, it has to work That is how pig headed the man is... it's not working, the available personell do not fit the formation yet he persists as though to change would be an admission that he was wrong. It's insanity.

If he was a military commander he would get his entire Company wiped out in a day, then blame the enemy.

The man is borderline insane. Narcissism at it's most dangerous.
100% agree big question is why is he not totally exposed in the media for what he is?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:08 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:42 pm
Loved the way with 5 mins to go we decided that the best route to a goal was to play everything through Mustafi.

Disappointed with losing of course but ultimately I give relatively few fucks.

I threw my strop, kicked the cat and got angry with the world the day he signed the extension. Every shit show for the next two years is just a by product of that day and I'm just numb to it all now.
Up
I don't enjoy the wins as much and likewise the sky doesn't fall in after every defeat. This is where we're meant to be, where the club want us to be - middle of the road mediocrity.

Accept it, embrace it and move on. You'll feel all the better for it.

Adios.
Summed up perfectly Rodders
Yeah think Mustafi was clear on the wing with everyone in the middle and he ballooned his cross high and wide.......what a shambles

General

Post by General »

Steve Cottrell sticking the knife in.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MYXiy_EQC8M

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:42 pm
Loved the way with 5 mins to go we decided that the best route to a goal was to play everything through Mustafi.

Disappointed with losing of course but ultimately I give relatively few fucks.

I threw my strop, kicked the cat and got angry with the world the day he signed the extension. Every shit show for the next two years is just a by product of that day and I'm just numb to it all now.

I don't enjoy the wins as much and likewise the sky doesn't fall in after every defeat. This is where we're meant to be, where the club want us to be - middle of the road mediocrity.
Also known as the next level

Missed it all - went to Homebase, out for a meal then to see Dunkirk got home about midnight.

Definite victory for me :barscarf:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Things we learned so far
1. Wellwide is shit, barely championship standard let alone good enough to lead the line for us, awkward and clumsy and blunt in front of goal
2. Three at the back won't work unless you have a minimum of six CB's, we have one fit one and he benches the BGV and drops Holding, insane
3. Belerin is right footed, do not play him on the left wing, insane, he has to come inside all the time and is piss easy to defend against
4. Make subs to improve the team not hamper it, he takes off Sead when anyone with a brain would have moved belerin to right back, Sead to left back and took the ox off, again insane, Alex off and wellwide left on, nuts, Giroud on and then proceed to put F**k all crosses in for the rest of the match, tippy tappy sideways shite does not suit immobile target men, Walcott...why, he's facing two banks of four with no space behind them for him to run into, he has pace and f**k all else...compleatly pointless sub
5. Wenger is clearly mental, formation, subs and tactics from another planet
6. Two matches in and nothing has changed, we were never going to win a league and now we don't even look like challenging, the boring battle for top four begins here

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

General wrote:
Is there another Premier league manager that selects a team like this.....fuck it cannot see anyone...

He has to be brought to account please by somebody... :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

greengooner wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:07 am
Things we learned so far
1. Wellwide is shit, barely championship standard let alone good enough to lead the line for us, awkward and clumsy and blunt in front of goal
2. Three at the back won't work unless you have a minimum of six CB's, we have one fit one and he benches the BGV and drops Holding, insane
3. Belerin is right footed, do not play him on the left wing, insane, he has to come inside all the time and is piss easy to defend against
4. Make subs to improve the team not hamper it, he takes off Sead when anyone with a brain would have moved belerin to right back, Sead to left back and took the ox off, again insane, Alex off and wellwide left on, nuts, Giroud on and then proceed to put F**k all crosses in for the rest of the match, tippy tappy sideways shite does not suit immobile target men, Walcott...why, he's facing two banks of four with no space behind them for him to run into, he has pace and f**k all else...compleatly pointless sub
5. Wenger is clearly mental, formation, subs and tactics from another planet
6. Two matches in and nothing has changed, we were never going to win a league and now we don't even look like challenging, the boring battle for top four begins here
Yes all totally valid points, and very clear and easy to see....would have left Lacazette on as we were desperately struggling for an equaliser and he's just bought this guy to score goals, leave him and Giroud on and give them proper service....he has assembled this shite team....would not trust him to spend anymore money TBH...DELUDED

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

greengooner wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:07 am
Especially as we won't be involved in it. :D :barscarf: