Orcs (A) 4th/5th/6th/7th placed trophy Sat 19th August KO 1730 BTSport1

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arseofacrow

Re: Orcs (A) 4th/5th/6th/7th placed trophy Sat 19th August KO 1730 BTSport1

Post by arseofacrow »

Herd wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:50 am
I was mildly irritated on Saturday but it had passed by yesterday ,Zero fucks given by Monday .
Post acceptance of status quo Euphoria is where it's at man .
What starts out as yearning for success becomes finessed into a glorious tragedy of defeat, leaving only a sense of what could have been and
the dawn of a new reality.
As spatial phenomena become distorted through frantic and critical practice, I am left with a tribute to the darkness of our condition.
Breathe ,breathe in the air ,don't be afraid to care . :barscarf:
I will never accept status quo. Never. :banghead:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:53 am
Welbeck is a worse finisher than Barndoor was. :|
He is the superbly created modern striker - doesn't know where the goal is.

:oops:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Their early stuff was OK Piledriver was a great album ,I still have a plectrum Francis Rossi gave me !

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:13 am
Their early stuff was OK Piledriver was a great album ,I still have a plectrum Francis Rossi gave me !
No wonder he can't play his guitar like he used to.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

arseofacrow wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:28 am
Herd wrote:
I was mildly irritated on Saturday but it had passed by yesterday ,Zero fucks given by Monday .
What starts out as yearning for success becomes finessed into a glorious tragedy of defeat, leaving only a sense of what could have been and
As spatial phenomena become distorted through frantic and critical practice, I am left with a tribute to the darkness of our condition.
They haven't been the same since Peter Gabriel left to go solo.

Herd

Post by Herd »

He's was a bad hombre after he left genesis ,cruel to animals ,I saw him in NYC shocking the monkey fucking awesome !

NickF

Post by NickF »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:16 am
arseofacrow wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:28 am
Herd wrote:
Status Quo???
Status Quo died with Rick Parfitt on Christmas Eve last year.

General

Post by General »

arseofacrow wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:30 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:53 am
Welbeck is a worse finisher than Barndoor was. :|
He is the superbly created modern striker - doesn't know where the goal is.

:oops:
I admire his willingness to put in a shift but there’s a bit of Eboue about him minus the diving when close to goal. How he lasted the entire 90mins against Stoke is beyond me. At one point, Giroud won the ball in the air and there was no one to capitalise on the second ball because Welbz was busy jumping for it as well. We were meant to be playing 2 upfront at this point mind. His all-round anticipation is shocking and who can miss the header that came off his shoulder? The fraud then take off Lacazette and leaves this erratic 3 legged pony on the field presumably to ‘protect him’ yet chavs were happy to leave a half fit debutant Bakayoko on in a much tougher game against Spurs.
Sometimes I watch this team and I can’t comprehend how a manager could consciously put together such an imbalanced squad. He has no clear vision for the team and this is why we forever look in transition, and always 2-3players short. The 3 at the back change only came about because we protested to get his arse out and he was desperate to save his skin. He would never have instigated this through his own volition. This is why he’s rigidly stuck to the formation despite the obvious evidence that available personnel are ill suited to the task. You either coach players prescriptively or buy ready-made solutions. The fraud is not doing either and never will.
Apart from Cazorla, every single one of our midfielders is highly flawed. Xhaka and Ramsey are the calamitous duo who simply can’t erase the impression that they are on a mission for the best plodder award. The end result was the frontline getting starved of service for a significant proportion of the game against the mighty Stoke City.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

And another thing... if we are struggling for fit/available centre backs how about switching back to 4 at the back?.

I know it's become fashionable to go with this 3-5-2 (5-3-2 / 3-5-1-1) or whatever you call it but it isn't set in stone that you play this way, if anyone here is over 30 they may remember back to Euro 96 when England played the 3 centre backs, why?, because it was fashionable at the time in the PL 20 odd years ago and lots of the clubs were playing '3-5-2' with 'wingbacks'.

It strikes me that Wenger has zero confidence in his own ability to manage tactically, perhaps with good reason? :roll:, he took half a season too long to switch to 3 at the back then now he has done so stubbornly won't stop using it even when we have a lack of available players to fill the spaces!.

No one better available my arse. I hope the crowd rip into Stan later in the season when we are lying 7th in the table and out of all competitions.

:cussing:

NickF

Post by NickF »

I've said it before, Welbeck is sh*t. How the hell he has actually managed to play for two of the top sides in England is beyond me.

markyp

Post by markyp »

NickF wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:33 pm
I've said it before, Welbeck is sh*t. How the hell he has actually managed to play for two of the top sides in England is beyond me.
his approach play is as good as anything out there,he is a pain in the arse to the opposition and 'puts in a great shift' unfortunately all his good work is undone in the penalty error,a more erratic striker ive never seen ,I use the term striker moderately,sad thing is if he was playing against us you know he would put our piss poor midfield and defence on it arse and probably pete the plank too.

Herts roofer

Post by Herts roofer »

markyp wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:44 pm
NickF wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:33 pm
his approach play is as good as anything out there,he is a pain in the arse to the opposition and 'puts in a great shift' unfortunately all his good work is undone in the penalty error,a more erratic striker ive never seen ,I use the term striker moderately,sad thing is if he was playing against us you know he would put our piss poor midfield and defence on it arse and probably pete the plank too.
I totally agree with the above. Wellwide would struggle to shoot his load in the 18 yard box with all the defenders being brasses with their legs at 10 to 3 :x
The supermarket dash will bring us the new 'fox in the box' no doubt. :blah:

Sean

Post by Sean »

I see we've made an arse of it again :roll:

I'm glad to see my 'no league games' policy is already bearing fruit. Why waste your time and anger on a pack of cúnts like these?

markyp

Post by markyp »

Sean wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:26 am
I see we've made an arse of it again :roll:

I'm glad to see my 'no league games' policy is already bearing fruit. Why waste your time and anger on a pack of cúnts like these?
don't hold back Sean,just say it as it is :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Part of the reason we look unbalanced is down to the style in which we train and then take onto to pitch .
We NEVER practice defending set pieces so its no surprise that our zonal system doesn't work .
We ALWAYS play endless games of 3/4/5 a side together with short passing keep ball in training .
This is why we look like we are playing 5 a side football on an 11 a side pitch .
When we press all together we are awesome but we don't feel the need to do that for so called weaker sides and come unhinged too often.
In theory we play one advanced and one withdrawn Midfielder which as we know often ends with both being ahead of the ball when we lose it so two passes and the other team is bearing down on the back 3 or 4 .
This has ALWAYS happened under Wenger and when it doesn't work it comes badly unstuck however in the past we had intelligent players who could change things around Adams did it Vierra did it.
Last season was one of our worst ,there were times when the players simply didn't know what to do and didn't have the balls to dig in .
Xhaka and Elneny are worker bees , tell them what to do keep it simple and they will be OK play makers ,lock-pickers they are not and our system depends on that .
Our lord and master has decided that Ramsey is the man for the Job and he simply cannot do it ,no pace no precision and above all not enough brain !
Until and unless Wenger changes his all too predictable blueprint,NOTHING will progress and we all know he isnt going to change !