New Season Finishing Spot Poll

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Where will We Finish the Season?

First
9%
Second
5%
Third
9%
Fourth
33%
Europa League
37%
Top Half
7%
Bottom Half
No votes
Relegation battle
No votes
Relegated
No votes

Total votes: 43

xisstential

Re: New Season Finishing Spot Poll

Post by xisstential »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:54 pm
Top 4 finish and Europa League trophy in the cabinet.
Manure to win the title and Man City, Everton securing top 4.
I guarantee we will get humbled in Europa. By beginning of March the relentless quest for 4th will begin in earnest. We'll be out of everything else by then and attention will turn..... maybe the protests will be in full swing and his protected snowflakes, by now 15 points behind the league leaders, will circle the wagons and set out to save their beloved manager. Fuck trophy's, fuck the supporters, they will need to save their Protector.

Any other scenario is borderline delusional.

People still seem unable to grasp how AFC operates these days.

wibble

Post by wibble »

I voted 4th but wouldn't be surprised with 5th or 6th.
I see the BBc polled their pundits-out of 40, 28 think we'll finish outside the top 4 and none think we'll finish higher than 4th.
Have to agree with Chris Sutton (even if he is a twat) when he says 'I would rule Arsenal out, with Wenger staying on. I don't think anything will change until wenger goes'

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

wibble wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:35 pm
I voted 4th but wouldn't be surprised with 5th or 6th.
I see the BBc polled their pundits-out of 40, 28 think we'll finish outside the top 4 and none think we'll finish higher than 4th.
Have to agree with Chris Sutton (even if he is a twat) when he says 'I would rule Arsenal out, with Wenger staying on. I don't think anything will change until wenger goes'
Yup Sutton's a twat but not sure anyone else in the media currently could be more concise or straightforward

Herd

Post by Herd »

I dithered over 4th but settled on europa. It all depends on how we huff and puff over blowing away the bottom half clubs. We are very average midfield wise but if Ramsey starts playing well and thats a big if we could be ok . But we are Very loose at the back and have abandoned the DM position again . Only up front do we seem to have options and a reasonable line up. I expect Utd to win with shitty behind them thens its quite literally up for grabs with chelsea , us liverpool and the swamp dwellers fighting it out .dont see toffees doing much this term. the rest are dross.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

4th place. Not because we will have improved on last season but because the teams around us will have taken a step backward or have internal issues.

The scum are in a bit of turmoil with Poxy-chinos not allowed to sign players without selling first. He will have a major falling out with Levy. Wemberley will fuck their season just enough too. Everton are meh. Southampton ditto. Wham - relegation scrap this time round. The Mousers will lose Courtinho to the Whores or he will be in a huff all season if he is made stay, and they have practically zero creativity without him.

Realistically, the chav, citeh and manure will all comfortably finish ahead of us with us finishing 4th and about 15 to 20 points off the champions. :roll:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

I would prefer relegation just to get rid of Wonga but realistically it's probably the Europa. :barscarf:

No chance of wining the Europa despite Wonga having a massive overpaid squad which could be put to good use for the wages being paid out, as usual no chance of the league title because the players are not good enough. :barscarf:

Any result that the AKB moonie cult can claim as a victory, AKA CL qualification I don't want to happen. :cussing: Whatever those cúnts want I want the opposite. :box:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Europa League....Manchester First and second with City taking the title...Chavs third, Victims fourth , Everton fifth with Arsenal sixth which I think will give us Europa League because the Cup slots will go to the top six anyway....
We should be capable of winning this season's Europa League, but we won't because it will be sacrificed for the Be All League qualification which we won't get anyway...

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:41 am
I would prefer relegation just to get rid of Wonga but realistically it's probably the Europa. :barscarf:

No chance of wining the Europa despite Wonga having a massive overpaid squad which could be put to good use for the wages being paid out, as usual no chance of the league title because the players are not good enough. :barscarf:

Any result that the AKB moonie cult can claim as a victory, AKA CL qualification I don't want to happen. :cussing: Whatever those cúnts want I want the opposite. :box:
I don't even think relegation would do it :lol: He'd be given the chance to 'set things right' :lol:

I've gone for second, with Citeh to walk it. Same story as 2 years ago with Leicester - we'll be well out of the title race by February-March, with Spurs Chavs and Manure in disarray for various reasons, but go on a run toward the last 5-6 games once the title's been wrapped up and the other teams are on the beach. This false position will be sold as 'huge progress', with AKBs claiming we'll win the title in the last year of Wenger's contract with a couple additions over the summer :lol: :roll:

Next season we'll drop to 3rd-4th, win the FA Cup, Wenger will be offered another 2 year deal, and this forum will shit it's brains out :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

postmanPat91 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:33 pm

I don't even think relegation would do it :lol: He'd be given the chance to 'set things right' :lol:

I've gone for second, with Citeh to walk it. Same story as 2 years ago with Leicester - we'll be well out of the title race by February-March, with Spurs Chavs and Manure in disarray for various reasons, but go on a run toward the last 5-6 games once the title's been wrapped up and the other teams are on the beach. This false position will be sold as 'huge progress', with AKBs claiming we'll win the title in the last year of Wenger's contract with a couple additions over the summer :lol: :roll:

Next season we'll drop to 3rd-4th, win the FA Cup, Wenger will be offered another 2 year deal, and this forum will shit it's brains out :barscarf:
I think at that point we'll probably just shut the forum down. :suicide:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

We'll get top 4 and it will be his greatest achievement

Sean

Post by Sean »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:16 am
postmanPat91 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:33 pm

I think at that point we'll probably just shut the forum down. :suicide:
Well that's a cert then. The Old Fraud will still be here when he's 90. Nice knowing you fellas :(

:suicide:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

flash gunner wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:33 am
We'll get top 4 and it will be his greatest achievement
Yes the streets will be lined with a million celebrating gooners as we bring home the magnificent "top 4 cup" and Wenger will be held aloft for his greatest achievement yet..

:barscarf: :roll: :banghead:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Thought it may be time to dust this one off so some can tell everyone how great they are at predictions :D

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Haha I was wrong with my over optimistic prediction of 4th, no one can call me a pessimist!.

Looks like the majority (just) got it right.

As for next season... if we go cheap as predicted I think we'll be about 6th again.

:banghead:

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Come 5pm Sunday we could finish 40 points behind the EPL champs.

:shock:

No one could have predicted that.

Still, this squad has what it takes to win it next year huh ?