It's back, other games this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
greengooner

Re: It's back, other games this weekend

Post by greengooner »

Going by the size of David Unsworth on the touch line, I don’t think Everton sacked Koeman, I think he was eaten by his replacement!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:18 pm
5-2 in the World Cup Final! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

That's 2 World Cup winning teams England have had this calendar year.... bring on Russia 2018 :barscarf: :barscarf: :lol:
I hope we didn't have any of our youngsters in that team, otherwise Goonersid would already have condemned them as overrated :D

ING-ER-LUND ING-ER-LUND ING-ER-LUND

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Anyone know how Oireland got on? :D

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Very insipid in the first half, early goal and 1-0 down at half time. A different attitude after the break and 2 goals in the first part of the the second half secured a 2-1 win.

Fortuna Köln back in 2nd place. :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Chelsea got stuffed..Passing was abysmal and could have lost by more...

augie

Post by augie »

My tv must be faulty cos it is telling me that a club from a shit league only lost 2-1 versus Bayern munich in champs league tonight - surely they are meant to be hammered at least 5-1 ?? :? :?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:47 pm
My tv must be faulty cos it is telling me that a club from a shit league only lost 2-1 versus Bayern munich in champs league tonight - surely they are meant to be hammered at least 5-1 ?? :? :?

Only finished 2-1 to Bayern due to special circumstances ...Bayern were a little short in the expected goals department and also lacking in the points to net spend area..

NickF

Post by NickF »

But did Celtic win the first half, I think not!
Long way to go to match our special performance.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

NickF wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:51 am
But did Celtic win the first half, I think not!
Long way to go to match our special performance.
Aaaaaaaaaaah! I See!

That would be the "Special Circumstances" the Fraud keeps going on about.

:rubchin:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

That lot are giving Madrid a proper turdholing :| we're gonna be in their shadow a while me thinks :(

shu

Post by shu »

Drew away and thumping them at home . How many of our players would get in their team ?
Good job citeh have a good team .

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:14 pm
That lot are giving Madrid a proper turdholing :| we're gonna be in their shadow a while me thinks :(
This is what I find hardest to take about the direction we are heading in, those f**king vermin bas**rds are heading in the opposite direction. To have to listen the collective wankathon about their latest win is just sickening, I know they had to listen to us long enough but it doesn’t make it any easier to take, this is the legacy wenger is leaving...imagine if they won the....I can’t even type it :suicide:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

look at this from 3 years ago

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... heard.html

Gazidis - "you think about the great names in world football like Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich - I don't think we're at that level yet but that's where we're aiming to get to"

3 years later and at the AGM the board are congratulating themselves on winning the FA Cup.
meanwhile down the road are doing what we should be doing!! It pains me to say it but Spurs are actually putting up a better fight in the Champions League already this season, than we did in our 20 years in it :oops:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:23 am

Gazidis - "you think about the great names in world football like Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich - I don't think we're at that level yet but that's where we're aiming to get to"

3 years later and at the AGM the board are congratulating themselves on winning the FA Cup.
meanwhile down the road are doing what we should be doing!! It pains me to say it but Spurs are actually putting up a better fight in the Champions League already this season, than we did in our 20 years in it :oops:
Fuck me behave we did get to a final, they've a long way to go yet, madrid are pretty ordinary this season, they've just lost to Girona who are 13th in la liga, their first goal was offside, the second took a huge deflection.

When they win the pl and/or cl feel free to come back.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:54 am
Gunner Rob wrote:

Fuck me behave we did get to a final, they've a long way to go yet, madrid are pretty ordinary this season, they've just lost to Girona who are 13th in la liga, their first goal was offside, the second took a huge deflection.

:high5:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:54 am
Gunner Rob wrote:

its the ambition that Spurs have got which is scary though.
yes Spurs havent won anything since 2008 but ask yourself which of the two teams is best placed to win things in the next 10 years.