Goal of the premier league era vote

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Goal of the premier league era vote

Post by StuartL »

There is a poll ongoing for the premier league goal over the last 25 years.

Bergkamp v Newcastle is currently winning

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40710224

markyp

Re: Goal of the premier league era vote

Post by markyp »

I think Sanogo's goal was the best :D

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Bergkamp v Newcastle is the most incredibly skilful goal of the last 50 years but I think that Yeboah volley against the bindippers years ago was the most spectacular of the Premier League era. However, all of them pale into insignificance compared to anything by Bendtner or Eboue.

M3Gooner

Post by M3Gooner »

3 arsenal goals :barscarf:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Ian wright against Everton in....oh hold on that was before football was created by sky :roll:

markyp

Post by markyp »

greengooner wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:15 pm
Ian wright against Everton in....oh hold on that was before football was created by sky :roll:
and more importantly before Wenger created Arsenal

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Rooney's goal was amazing - even more so given that it was the winner in a derby match BUT that goal by Dennis B was a once in a lifetime goal.

I've watched it hundreds of times but I still cannot fathom out exactly what he did. And more to the point - how were his brain and body able to work so quickly???

Truly an incredible goal.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:18 pm
Rooney's goal was amazing - even more so given that it was the winner in a derby match BUT that goal by Dennis B was a once in a lifetime goal.

I've watched it hundreds of times but I still cannot fathom out exactly what he did. And more to the point - how were his brain and body able to work so quickly???

It is also as far as I know unieque - they have been a few spectacular overhead kicks, volleys, mazy dribbles etc but nothing as special like that.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:58 pm

It is also as far as I know unieque - they have been a few spectacular overhead kicks, volleys, mazy dribbles etc but nothing as special like that.
reread that and saw I misread the above comments.

Rooney's for me is overrated, if you watch it again you'll see he shins it.

Bergkamp's goal was just truly Bergkamp

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Wright's against Everton was in 1994 so it was in the Premier League era...Rooney's against City was from a cross that took a deflection and went in off his shin..Bergkamp's at Newcastle was the greatest Premier League goal ever...no contest..Wilshere's against Norwich was second..

beck

Post by beck »

Van persie's goal at charlton in 06/07 was better than that

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

beck wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:45 am

Better than Bergkamp's??!! Are you fucking insane? :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bergkamp's against the toon all day long and all of the night too. It had everything; vision, skill, audacity, balance, poise, strength, superb technique, awesome first touch, pure genius. The best goal ever scored ever anywhere ever. 8) 8)

Rooney's was a shinner ffs. :roll: :lol: Trevor Sinclair at QPR scored a far better overhead than Rooney's - although I think it was in the Cup, but still a far better overhead. 8)

beck

Post by beck »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:39 am
beck wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:45 am

Better than Bergkamp's??!! Are you fucking insane? :shock:
No! Better than rooneys
Adrian Durham ambulance chasing tub thumper believes bergkamps goal was an accident. What a melt

brucers

Post by brucers »

I think Bergkamp's goal against Leicester was better......surprised it's not made the cut (for whatever reason).