LIVERPOOL AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Re: LIVERPOOL AWAY THREAD

Post by Leyton Gooner »

First I heard of it was on the cricket commentary. David Lloyd taking the piss out of Nasser Hussain :lol: (who I didn't even know was a Gooner but there you go)

General

Post by General »

I haven't seen the replay but I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the second goal. Ramsey and Ox seemed to have having a discussion near the right flank with Ramsey's back turned to goal and not paying attention to what was happening behind. We then turned over possession deep inside our left flank and a few moments later the ball was in the back of the net with a gaping hole in midfield. Ramsey and Xhaka were once again playing like idiots with zero coordination between them. We put two limited athletes against Liverpool's very mobile 3midfielders and as expected they were completely overwhelmed.

The set up of the team was shambolic from the outset, never mind the odd team selection for 2games in a row, and it wasn't difficult to spot the structural weaknesses. Ozil seemed to be playing on the right wing and the formation looked more like 5-4-1 giving us zero cutting edge. It was another slow train crash waiting to happen. Welbeck was doing his usual headless chicken impression and how he once again lasted the entire 90mins is beyond me. Completely fluffed the only real chance we had in the game.

Did I mention the midfield was once again a dire mess? Our centre backs were continually dragged out position to plug the large gaps that keep opening up in front of them. Holding had a nightmare and his confidence is completely shot to pieces. Wonga sat there completely motionless, legs crossed, whiles the team lurched from one disaster to the other. Stand up and earn your fucking money. Damn I wish the most horrible things on this man.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Fuckin pathetic. Cheque our best player says it all . We had no shots on goal ! & they should/could have scored 8. Gutless wonders all of them. Still love this club but hate the manager for being a old tosser. Goodbye Alexis - it won't make any difference, and take Pozil with you. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Only saw the game on motd2 highlights and that was enough.
I said on this forum I hope we don't get an 8-2 hammering, we didn't but this felt exactly the same. Against united i got the feeling Wenger put out a side to lose so we could bring players to freshen up the squad. We brought in 5 players in 3 days.
The board should be crucified for not getting in the players needed, not tying down contracts extension to vital players, not getting rid of average players and for letting Wenger continue. I said to my dad, I hope the contract isn't signed and that it was a verbal agreement between kronke and Wenger.
Where's Lehman? Where's the £150m warchest?
Why won't the board let the 2nd largest share owner in the boardroom.
I've long since accepted Wenger will be in charge until he wants to be. My anger is towards those who are letting him continue.
This squad of players need splitting up, they've won 3 fa cups and that's all they can do. Monreal, Koscielny, Chamberlain, Ramsey, Welbeck, Sanchez should go by Thursday.
Van Dijk, Carvalho should come in.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I blame cech he should know u have to come out when u play rush goalies ..

actually i didnt watch it . tooo nice a day to be indoors . out all day from 10am with my lil boy . he had a great day.

MOTD shocked me badly . Just shows how bad the situation is.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:17 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:47 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:33 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:40 pm
phpBB [video]

This is EXACTLY How I feel.
100% agree.

Followed up with:

phpBB [video]
Well why does the stupid prick keep going to matches then!
Exactly, he is part of the problem, basically what he is saying is he's 'changed' into one of the Emirates zombies, it's no wonder it's so quiet in there, 55,000 zombies and a few thousand away fans (the one's making a little noise).

:evil: :roll:

You could hear the Arsenal even at 2-0 down getting slaughtered they were still singing loud
Respect the away following, but not as easy as just not going to games is it, goes way deeper than that for a fan?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

If people had stopped going and stopped renewing their season tickets all this could have been prevented a few years ago.

brucers

Post by brucers »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:21 am
If people had stopped going and stopped renewing their season tickets all this could have been prevented a few years ago.
....and all those spare seats and season tickets would be taken up by 'new age' pretend fans, tourists, theatre goers, half half scarf collectors and those who go along for the experience! Once upon a time it was a viable option (and I mean before we ever left Highbury) but now all it would end up doing is diluting the real fan base even further.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:16 am
You could hear the Arsenal even at 2-0 down getting slaughtered they were still singing loud
Respect the away following, but not as easy as just not going to games is it, goes way deeper than that for a fan?

It is as easy as that when you remove emotion, the company (club) treat the fans like customers, they serve up an overpriced sub-standard product, therefore I as a customer decide not to spend my money on their 'product'.

What is actually left of "The Arsenal"?, so why should I care too much about going just out of habit when I know full well what to expect and how I will be treated with contempt by the greedy old men running the company?.

As for seats being taken up by tourists, I don't think this is sustainable, for the moment maybe but in the long run if we fall out of the CL regularly and become an upper midtable club there is little appeal, especially as soon Spuds will have a shiny new bowl to fill and then later down the line the Chavs as well, with more on offer in terms of entertainment and glory.

If people still want to go that is up to them, they know what to expect by now (surely?!), I just hope they spend their time protesting in whatever way, sitting there silently and then moaning after the game, how exactly does that help?.

:banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

brucers wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:36 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:21 am
....and all those spare seats and season tickets would be taken up by 'new age' pretend fans, tourists, theatre goers, half half scarf collectors and those who go along for the experience! Once upon a time it was a viable option (and I mean before we ever left Highbury) but now all it would end up doing is diluting the real fan base even further.
Absolutely....thinking this is what the club actually wants, they don't give a shit as long as the money rolls in..........

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:52 am
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:16 am

It is as easy as that when you remove emotion, the company (club) treat the fans like customers, they serve up an overpriced sub-standard product, therefore I as a customer decide not to spend my money on their 'product'.

What is actually left of "The Arsenal"?, so why should I care too much about going just out of habit when I know full well what to expect and how I will be treated with contempt by the greedy old men running the company?.

As for seats being taken up by tourists, I don't think this is sustainable, for the moment maybe but in the long run if we fall out of the CL regularly and become an upper midtable club there is little appeal, especially as soon Spuds will have a shiny new bowl to fill and then later down the line the Chavs as well, with more on offer in terms of entertainment and glory.

If people still want to go that is up to them, they know what to expect by now (surely?!), I just hope they spend their time protesting in whatever way, sitting there silently and then moaning after the game, how exactly does that help?.

:banghead:
Football is all about emotion..passion

I don't personally attend but that is my choice, still care and really wish i didn't TBH, but you will not ever stop fans going to games...if you think otherwise.....

As for the never ending stream of customers shows no signs of abating at present....there is a new fan base

Football has changed and will continue to change....

General

Post by General »

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41069081

I've never seen Keown this angry as a pundit. He's finally coming out of his shell and calling out the bumbling fool.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SlySports sucking Klopp's dick about his "tactical masterclass" :coffeespit: :oops:

Apparently, defend in numbers against a team that plays tippy tappy 35 yards out and then hit them on the break is now a super tactic! :lol: :roll:

Not one of those mouser goals was unstoppable and all stemmed from or were the direct result of absolute gash from our players. Cech is so slow to dive now it's like watching TV on heroin. :roll: Our defence were comedy gold. The mousers were not that good, we were that bad. No tactics at all, no system, a midfield running around "expressing" themselves aimlessly, defenders with no leader or organiser, a manager persisting with a "striker" like Welwide who is one of the worst finishers in the PL, a manager sitting quietly as it all goes to shit...

Every Arsenal player was shit yesterday but special mention for Bellerin and Monreal... 2 seasons ago they were among the better fullbacks in the PL, now under Wenger's tutelage they are the two worst FB's in the game. If the whores are insane enough to still want Bellerin we should bite their fucking hand off.

Yeah, we will "bounce back" with a flat track bully win 6-0 over someone then climb the table with a little run of results, but stupid performances and results like yesterday will keep happening too. It's Groundhog Season again and we have (AT LEAST :shock: ) 2 more years of watching Wenger sit there hugging his legs like a troubled teenage Goth whilst everything goes to shit on the pitch.... :| :roll:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:23 am
SlySports sucking Klopp's dick about his "tactical masterclass" :coffeespit: :oops:

Apparently, defend in numbers against a team that plays tippy tappy 35 yards out and then hit them on the break is now a super tactic! :lol: :roll:

Not one of those mouser goals was unstoppable and all stemmed from or were the direct result of absolute gash from our players. Cech is so slow to dive now it's like watching TV on heroin. :roll: Our defence were comedy gold. The mousers were not that good, we were that bad. No tactics at all, no system, a midfield running around "expressing" themselves aimlessly, defenders with no leader or organiser, a manager persisting with a "striker" like Welwide who is one of the worst finishers in the PL, a manager sitting quietly as it all goes to shit...

Every Arsenal player was shit yesterday but special mention for Bellerin and Monreal... 2 seasons ago they were among the better fullbacks in the PL, now under Wenger's tutelage they are the two worst FB's in the game. If the whores are insane enough to still want Bellerin we should bite their fucking hand off.

Yeah, we will "bounce back" with a flat track bully win 6-0 over someone then climb the table with a little run of results, but stupid performances and results like yesterday will keep happening too. It's Groundhog Season again and we have (AT LEAST :shock: ) 2 more years of watching Wenger sit there hugging his legs like a troubled teenage Goth whilst everything goes to shit on the pitch.... :| :roll:
Ha Ha masterclass, this lot were a dream to play against.....doubt they will get an easier game all season

Thinking a prolonged run of bad defeats now will really ramp up the pressure

And looking at that team, and his insane selections that is well possible

Imagine we loose to Cologne and Bournemouth than get stuffed at the chavs say 6-0.....with him in charge it is a real possibilty

General

Post by General »

So in a summary;
The left back who made it into the Bundesliga team of the year was sat on the bench and a conventional right back was played as a left wing back
We benched a £35m defender in favour of a inexperienced defender.
Sanchez clearly wasn't match fit
Welbeck lasted the entire 90minutes despite being on a yellow and offering zero cutting edge.
Ramsey was hooked off at half time and Xhaka left on the pitch despite the latter also being on a yellow and walking disaster. Not that either of offered much but why risk playing with 10men?
It looked like the ploy was to squeeze the middle of the pitch and force them into wide areas because they had Firminho upfront yet we couldn't defend simple crosses. Lo and behold, a simple cross comes in from the flank and who is at the end of it? Firminho with all the time in the world to pick his spot. Xhaka has the turning circle of a hovercraft. The lad is fundamentally flawed and paring him with another immobile midfielder means our midfield was a sitting duck. Why is the fraud so averse to playing 3 in midfield. Watching some of the disaster unfold yesterday was like pulling out your teeth with pliers. We played in the same manner last season and came unstuck. The only conclusion I can draw from this game is that the fraud is deliberately sabotaging this club to spite the fans. He didn't do the end of season parade, said he was hurt by banner display on plane and is on a mission for retribution.
Last edited by General on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.