LIVERPOOL AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
markyp

Re: LIVERPOOL AWAY THREAD

Post by markyp »

anal reeming incoming!! the wheels will be firmly off after this one,the title race already gone,oh yes wenger is gonna face a shit storm after this one,bring it on, 4-1 to Liverpool,in wenger we rust

RobG

Post by RobG »

Will do very well to get one point.

O/T but did you see Conte's reaction to Alsonso's winner ? That's passion for you. The guy kicks every ball rather than sitting there next to Bould, like one of a pair of gargoyles.

General

Post by General »

We cannot stay composed and compact for 90mins without one of our many defensive frailties flaring up. This is a game we absolutely do not need to win but no doubt Mr 30years will go there, seek to dominate, play an expansive game and inevitably end up empty handed. They are just as bad as us defensively but I fully expect home advantage to carry them through despite the fact that they are playing midweek. 4-2 to them.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

RobG wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:10 pm
Will do very well to get one point.

O/T but did you see Conte's reaction to Alsonso's winner ? That's passion for you. The guy kicks every ball rather than sitting there next to Bould, like one of a pair of gargoyles.
His job is on the line...virtually every single game.

Wenger might get spiteful & petulant every time he fails but the concept of actually answering to someone, actually having to explain himself, never enters his head. Therefore apathy, sneering arrogance and untouchable aloofness is his default position.

RobG

Post by RobG »

It pains me - and Arsenal - to say it, but I totally agree. :(

A few tart post match comments, are about as much of a questioning as he gets.

General

Post by General »

Any owner serious about winning football matches would get rid of this dinosaur pronto. If you want to know how he'd react having to explain himself to a higher authority just watch this video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wTjhKQw2Sso

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

Will be good to get a few more players back in the squad.
I'm going for a 2-1 win.
Crucial we get at least a point.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Conte is a fucking drama queen, constantly looking for the camera and playing up to it, putting on little posey expressions in pressers and over-acting on the touchline. This is a twat that spends ALOT of time in front of his mirror.

Wenger is a snide self-justifying egomaniac that doesn't give a flying fuck what people think of him, he spends his time having little hissy fits on the touchline, dishing out little nuggets of insanity in pressers, and has no reflection in a mirror.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Can't really see us getting a result there with our fucked up defence tbh. But then the mousers are as fucking useless as we are.... :rubchin:

Head says 2-1 or 3-1 to the mousers. :x

Gut says we might nick a 2-1 win. :shock: But doubt it tbh... :|

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:53 am
We'll be 6 points behind the leaders and goodbye any possible title challenge after only 3 games!!
You seriously thought we would put up a title challenge even before the season started :roll: :roll: :roll:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

LaughingGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:26 pm
Will be good to get a few more players back in the squad.
I'm going for a 2-1 win.
Crucial we get at least a point.
Nice to see you haven't had the optimism kicked out of you yet :lol: :lol: :lol:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:00 am
Conte is a fucking drama queen, constantly looking for the camera and playing up to it, putting on little posey expressions in pressers and over-acting on the touchline. This is a twat that spends ALOT of time in front of his mirror.

Wenger is a snide self-justifying egomaniac that doesn't give a flying fuck what people think of him, he spends his time having little hissy fits on the touchline, dishing out little nuggets of insanity in pressers, and has no reflection in a mirror.
Most managers are getting on my tits with their showboating...add Wagner at Huddersfield to last season's pile of egomaniacs. Give me the dignity of the likes of Paisley any day of the week.

General

Post by General »

I don't have a problem with the antics of managers on the touch lines. I have a problem when the cameraman focuses on them for prolonged periods whiles play is going on. That's what I find ridiculous.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Two teams that defend like the Keystone Cops. Two teams that are unsettled by their star player wanting to leave.
Two teams that used to be domestic giants.
Two teams that cannot rediscover former dominance.

Only thing certain is that it will NOT end 0-0.

I reckon we'll scrape a 2-2 or a 3-3

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Be afraid. Be Very Afraid.