LIVERPOOL AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
General

Re: LIVERPOOL AWAY THREAD

Post by General »

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

General wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:03 am
So in a summary;
The left back who made it into the Bundesliga team of the year was sat on the bench and a conventional right back was played as a left wing back
We benched a £35m defender in favour of a inexperienced defender.
Sanchez clearly wasn't match fit
Welbeck lasted the entire 90minutes despite being on a yellow and offering zero cutting edge.
Ramsey was hooked off at half time and Xhaka left on the pitch despite the latter also being on a yellow and walking disaster. Not that either of offered much but why risk playing with 10men?
It looked like the ploy was to squeeze the middle of the pitch and force them into wide areas because they had Firminho upfront yet we couldn't defend simple crosses. Lo and behold, a simple cross comes in from the flank and who is at the end of it? Firminho with all the time in the world to pick his spot. Xhaka has the turning circle of a hovercraft. The lad is fundamentally flawed and paring him with another immobile midfielder means our midfield was a sitting duck. Why is the fraud so averse to playing 3 in midfield. Watching some of the disaster unfold yesterday was like pulling out your teeth with pliers. We played in the same manner last season and came unstuck. The only conclusion I can draw from this game is that the fraud is deliberately sabotaging this club to spite the fans. He didn't do the end of season parade, said he was hurt by banner display on plane and is on a mission for retribution.
Left Lacazette on the bench after spending £52 million....strange.....persists in playing Bellerin at Left back despite a shocker last week at Stoke.....just don't make sense... :roll:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Special Circumstances

silus

Post by silus »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:21 am
If people had stopped going and stopped renewing their season tickets all this could have been prevented a few years ago.
Or....if people hadn't given up going protests could have happened in the ground. Thousands making their opinion known to Wenger may have made a difference. This argument has been done to death, trouble is nobody knows either way. Personally I will continue to go to matches because I love going...even though it's shit at the moment, and I understand the argument about giving them my money, why should I stop doing something I've loved my entire life?
I do get pissed off with people on here who have stopped going,acting like some sort of martyrs and taking the moral high ground because they don't go anymore. I dont slag people off who have given up, it's your choice, so i don't expect people on here to label everyone who goes to matches as mugs...just for wanting to support their team. I know loads of people who have stopped going, again their choice, and it hasn't made any difference to the club at all...they want to replace us old school support. Why make it easy for them?

General

Post by General »

Analysis of the match with Souness, Cara and Henry.
https://m.ok.ru/video/31771990685
Forward to around 22:40 too see the footage of Ramsey and Ox chatting whiles Xhaka gives the ball away. I mistakenly thought it was for the 2nd goal but it was actually the 1st which makes it even worse. Henry said he interviewed Wenger after we played scum and mentioned to him that Ramsey was at times too far forward. Wenger replied that that's where he wants him to be, to be a threat. The way our midfielders play is by design and not because they've abandoned instructions. I think the point was lost of Cara and Sounesd. Every team plays with at least one midfielder holding but it is obvious Wenger does not believe in this and it would be the death of this team.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

General wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:55 am
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41069081

I've never seen Keown this angry as a pundit. He's finally coming out of his shell and calling out the bumbling fool.
I thought the same. More passion from ex-player pundits than from players on the pitch.
I also thought he was defending Steve Bould's position. Implying he's not allowed any input.

NickF

Post by NickF »

silus wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:14 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
If people had stopped going and stopped renewing their season tickets all this could have been prevented a few years ago.
Or....if people hadn't given up going protests could have happened in the ground. Thousands making their opinion known to Wenger may have made a difference. This argument has been done to death, trouble is nobody knows either way. Personally I will continue to go to matches because I love going...even though it's shit at the moment, and I understand the argument about giving them my money, why should I stop doing something I've loved my entire life?
I do get pissed off with people on here who have stopped going,acting like some sort of martyrs and taking the moral high ground because they don't go anymore. I dont slag people off who have given up, it's your choice, so i don't expect people on here to label everyone who goes to matches as mugs...just for wanting to support their team. I know loads of people who have stopped going, again their choice, and it hasn't made any difference to the club at all...they want to replace us old school support. Why make it easy for them?
Don't really have an issue with people going to the games just with the people who know Wenger needs to go but do nothing.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This guy is not only entertaining but he really is telling it like it is. (BEWARE NSFW)

phpBB [video]

:high5:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

They all suck donkey balls

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:58 am
This guy is not only entertaining but he really is telling it like it is. (BEWARE NSFW)

phpBB [video]

:high5:
Cant take him seriously because he didn't end the sentence with blud or fam.............. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Ed The Hunter Gooner put this on another thread...

Thanks Ed :high5:

This guy may well say what we are all thinking & feeling but he does it so well.

phpBB [video]

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:25 pm
Ed The Hunter Gooner put this on another thread...

Thanks Ed :high5:

This guy may well say what we are all thinking & feeling but he does it so well.

phpBB [video]
Honestly,watching that makes me want to cry,cry with anger and cry at just how much hes bang on the money and that this club is more or less exactly how he says,and no-one wants to see it,I really actually don't know whether to laugh at this club now or just give up,and I see from videos like this that a majority of us on here are just as fucking outraged and mad about it but were fucking helpless,I would walk away from these c*nts in a second if I could,but when youve loved something almost 40 years it hard.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:27 am
General wrote:

I've never seen Keown this angry as a pundit. He's finally coming out of his shell and calling out the bumbling fool.
I thought the same. More passion from ex-player pundits than from players on the pitch.
I also thought he was defending Steve Bould's position. Implying he's not allowed any input.
Keown' s been an enabler though. He was sucking Wanker off for years and now he's seen the light. Why didn't he come out and say this five months ago?

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:49 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:27 am
General wrote:

Keown' s been an enabler though. He was sucking Wanker off for years and now he's seen the light. Why didn't he come out and say this five months ago?
Many ex players have seen the issues but don't want their Emirates matchday experience ruined by speaking out,its fucking disgraceful that only now Keown has said anything,if he'd spoken out 4 years ago then maybe someone else might have had the bollocks to also say something,but they dont want to feel the wrath of the AKB or the club,players like Wrigthy half speak up then flip flop back when we tonk someone,

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

silus wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:14 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Yeah all fair points, as i say i don't go to the Emirates just don't like the experience, (and the regime) sitting with a load of tossers getting herded by the old bill after the game.....but fair play to those who do, each to their own and not sure why people feel they can dictate to others :D :D :D