Our diabolical midfield

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: Our diabolical midfield

Post by NickF »

worthing_gooner wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:10 am
oaodan wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:02 pm
I am very surprised with some of the lengths people go to exscuse Ozil.I hate him in an Arsenal jersey.Someone compared him to Bergkamp, Bergkamp was a genius not least because he had a nasty streak.Didnt Fergie say he hated him because he was a dirty fecker.Ozil is completely harmless.Another said he could walk into Real,BarcaPSG teams. I think the only reason he is still with us is noone really wants him.My own theory on his assists? How many in the big games? And how many because he is shit in front of goal himself.His goals tally for a lazy fucker who only offers anything going forward is rubbish.He has divided supporters everywhere always.Most top managers wouldn't waste time with him.
I don't honestly think anyone is excusing Ozil, more that people shouldn't be scapegoating him because there's no question he's a quality player.

You said your theory on his assists - how many in big games? Well in answer to your question he virtually broke the assists record within the first half of last season and he'd have absolutely smashed it if we had a world class striker. And to be honest, that blows the other arguments out of the water really. Do you want someone laying goal after goal after goal on a plate for our forwards... or not? :rubchin:
Are you talking about the correct season - wasn't that the 2015/16 season?
Didn't think he stats were that great last season which is why people are getting on his back (could be wrong though).

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:30 pm
worthing_gooner wrote:
oaodan wrote:
I am very surprised with some of the lengths people go to exscuse Ozil.I hate him in an Arsenal jersey.Someone compared him to Bergkamp, Bergkamp was a genius not least because he had a nasty streak.Didnt Fergie say he hated him because he was a dirty fecker.Ozil is completely harmless.Another said he could walk into Real,BarcaPSG teams. I think the only reason he is still with us is noone really wants him.My own theory on his assists? How many in the big games? And how many because he is shit in front of goal himself.His goals tally for a lazy fucker who only offers anything going forward is rubbish.He has divided supporters everywhere always.Most top managers wouldn't waste time with him.
I don't honestly think anyone is excusing Ozil, more that people shouldn't be scapegoating him because there's no question he's a quality player.

You said your theory on his assists - how many in big games? Well in answer to your question he virtually broke the assists record within the first half of last season and he'd have absolutely smashed it if we had a world class striker. And to be honest, that blows the other arguments out of the water really. Do you want someone laying goal after goal after goal on a plate for our forwards... or not? :rubchin:
Didn't think he stats were that great last season which is why people are getting on his back (could be wrong though).
Think you are right. He was a lot less effective last season than the one before. Interesting (if heavily situational :wink: ) stat story here about assists in players' first 100 PL games;

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/m ... ue-9516553

His "chances created but wasted by shit Arsenal strikers" stat is probably even more impressive... or deppressing in a way... :D :wink:

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

NickF wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:30 pm
worthing_gooner wrote:
oaodan wrote:

Sorry yeah, my mistake. All our seasons are so bad lately they're rolling in to one big nightmare :lol: :banghead:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Ozil is the least of this team's worries.

The top of the list includes the likes of Xhaka, Ramsey, Walcott, Mustafi, Welbeck, and Coq. These players are hardly good enough for a team like Everton or West Ham. They should not be on a team that wants to contend for a title.

When you go into a season with a central midfield of Xhaka, Ramsey, Elneny and Coq, it's no fucking wonder you can't compete for anything important.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We need a bit of this fuckoff mentality in our mid-field....someone who will not be bullied or pushed around...

Red cards are not good, no, but sometimes you need to fight back...and show the opposition that they will get as good/bad as they give....for far too long under wenker's pussified softly, softly approach our team has turned into a bunch of vadges.

phpBB [video]

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:17 pm
Ozil is the least of this team's worries.

The top of the list includes the likes of Xhaka, Ramsey, Walcott, Mustafi, Welbeck, and Coq. These players are hardly good enough for a team like Everton or West Ham. They should not be on a team that wants to contend for a title.

When you go into a season with a central midfield of Xhaka, Ramsey, Elneny and Coq, it's no fucking wonder you can't compete for anything important.
Add Iwobi and Wally to that list, not good enough

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We have some promising young players; especially forwards, in the Under 23's - But even at this level our defending is BAD.

phpBB [video]

#wengerout

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:36 pm
We have some promising young players; especially forwards, in the Under 23's - But even at this level our defending is BAD.

phpBB [video]

#wengerout
Not enough tippy tappy pointless possession for my liking.

Think we think just being close to the opponent is enough to "defend"

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:53 am
oaodan wrote:
:coffeespit: :oops: :oops: :oops: :coffeespit:

Gave the brain a day off, huh? :roll: :lol: :wink:

No one compared Ozil directly to Bergkamp you drongo... :lol: :wink: The situation was compared, in that Bergkamp was a much much better more efective player with Vieira, Overmars, Petit, Henry, Pires etc than he was with Hillier, McGolderick, Selley and Hartson... Top players are more effective when playing with other top players, players that can read the game quickly and have excellent technical ability... do you see....? :wink:
Oh I see alright.I still dont want him around the place.For that money and wage being mentioned we could do a lot better.I dont believe Conte etc would bother with him.He loses tackles that are 80:20 in his favour, wont shoot,cant head the ball, cant beat a man, no real,real pace etc. He might be better than some of the shit around him but he could do a lot better. Why not stand up and take on a bit of responsibilty? I'm sick of watching so many other average clubs where everyone puts in a shift. The Scum,Napoli last night etc etc. I know its a club malaise, but Ozil kinda tryin on huge wages really annoys me. And no matter who comes in as manager, we wont win a league with the likes of him around the place imo. Just cant see him ever doin it when you are backs to the wall.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Midfield is shite agreed, don't worry Santi is back soon, Be like a new signing

Pictures of him with his knees strapped up trying to bend them, how many months has it been..... :rubchin:

Anyway defence is shite, and with a goalkeeper who is just accumulating his pension fund....

They will win fuck all, the protests will start and Wenger will be totally bemused by it all......

yeah another season at the Arsenal :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:28 pm

Pictures of him with his knees strapped up trying to bend them, how many months has it been..... :rubchin:

Anyway defence is shite, and with a goalkeeper who is just accumulating his pension fund....

They will win fuck all, the protests will start and Wenger will be totally bemused by it all......

Santi was only supposed to be out for 3 weeks then our medical team got their mitts on him - I doubt he'll ever kick a ball again. :cry:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:54 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:28 pm

Santi was only supposed to be out for 3 weeks then our medical team got their mitts on him - I doubt he'll ever walk again. :cry:
Fixed that for you OBG :wink: