Our diabolical midfield

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
General

Our diabolical midfield

Post by General »

Easily the worst midfield in the top 6. Passive, ponderous and cannot play their way out of a simple press. For several years the fraud has been pissing about with the issue and we've somehow ended up with a £35m project and a bunch of clowns as supporting acts. You win and lose games in midfield and this is by far the weakest part of the team for me. It's obvious the lying fraud acquires players and treats how they fit as an afterthought. Two of these midfielders were acquired in a little over a year ago yet he still doesn't know his best pairing.

Redarmy

Re: Our diabolical midfield

Post by Redarmy »

General wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:06 pm
Easily the worst midfield in the top 6. Passive, ponderous and cannot play their way out of a simple press. For several years the fraud has been pissing about with the issue and we've somehow ended up with a £35m project and a bunch of clowns as supporting acts. You win and lose games in midfield and this is by far the weakest part of the team for me. It's obvious the lying fraud acquires players and treats how they fit as an afterthought. Two of these midfielders were acquired in a little over a year ago yet he still doesn't know his best pairing.
Xaha, Coquelin, and Elneny all not good enough to mount a title challenge

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Couldn't agree more. It started in July 2005 when Patrick Vieira was allowed to.leave.

By 2008 our midfield pairing had sunk as low as Eboue and Denilson. Watching those two cretins against Fulham when we lost 1-0 in August 2008 was a "What The Fuck?" moment. And we've been going round in ever decreasing circles since then.

it's a total, unbalanced mess and the blame lies squarely at Wenger's door.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Well Jack is back...and gets a red card on his return in an U23 game..

NickF

Post by NickF »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:29 am
From someone who was at the game:

"Whoa! Wilshere lost it tonight in the U23s game against City. He had a few heavy challenges and bargings done to him that the ref didn't punish. Then another heavy tackle came and he went for the City player and it all kicked off. Ended up with Jack and one of theirs (but not the one who did the tackle I think) being sent off. We were sitting opp the tunnel and it looked like Jack punched the City player in the face in the tunnel. The tunnel stewards then all jumped in! . We won 4-3 btw. Entertaining game."

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The fucking second this turns into a Wenger whine it's getting merged to fuck. Merged, To, Fuck. :roll:

:wink:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

NickF wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:50 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:29 am
From someone who was at the game:

"Whoa! Wilshere lost it tonight in the U23s game against City. He had a few heavy challenges and bargings done to him that the ref didn't punish. Then another heavy tackle came and he went for the City player and it all kicked off. Ended up with Jack and one of theirs (but not the one who did the tackle I think) being sent off. We were sitting opp the tunnel and it looked like Jack punched the City player in the face in the tunnel. The tunnel stewards then all jumped in! . We won 4-3 btw. Entertaining game."

It did look like a punch, but the video shows him push the Citeeh player in the chest. The crunt then goes down, looks up and then holds his face as if he's been punched. Typical f**king cheating, coward.
The thing that made it spectacular was the Citeeh defender, who ran 30 yards and attacked Jack and anyone else he could reach like a demented Bruce Lee.
I miss the days when a player would get fed up of being constantly fouled and would chin the perpetrator (a la Keegan and Bremner).

Sean

Post by Sean »

You could have said the same about our midfield in 2008-09 :banghead:

We all know we pass sideways way too much and have hardly any bollocks to get forward and shoot. Same old ineffective 'tactics'.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:17 pm
General wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:06 pm
Xaha, Coquelin, and Elneny all not good enough to mount a title challenge
Them 3 c*nts couldn't mount a tame Shetland pony....

tennisgooner

Post by tennisgooner »

if wilshere can get fit he'd be first choice in our midfield at the moment. obviously quite a big if....

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

tennisgooner wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:09 am
if wilshere can get fit he'd be first choice in our midfield at the moment. obviously quite a big if....
We need somebody with presence in that midfield. We need a fighter, somebody with a bit of grunt, not another tippy tapper who gets bundled off the ball and gets up just in time to see them score. We have enough of those to see Wenger through to retirement.........

Can you imagine a team like WBA lining up against Aoc, Wilshire, Ozil & Ramsey, tell me which one of those can defend a corner or free kick???....Saturdays game against Stoke, if that had been the Stoke of Pulis day we would have been buried there, probably been 3 or 4 nil. Stoke are absolutely dogshite, I expect them to be down in the bottom six this season, yet we STILL lost :shock: :shock: :shock:

What makes our midfield even worse is that they do not substitute lack of strength or presence with creative genius, they don't replace it with anything...they are just piss poor...weak.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Saturday is proof that Xhaka isn't good enough to play the role he is being asked. He can play a decent pass, but is just as likely to give the ball away needlessly. That's 3 goals he has had a part in (for the opposition) in two games. Added to him, our other midfielders are like statues whenever the opposition runs at us.

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

Talking of midfield, a little bit disappointed to see all the criticism of Ozil in the media and among some of our fans, yet again :roll: It's almost like we're trying to punish ourselves by forcing out our next best player after Sanchez.

"played like a deserter, hiding in plain sight"... in actuality he created four chances, two of which were absolutely gilt edged. But for 50 pence head Welbeck and a useless blazing strike from Bellerin he would've had at least one assist.

Frankly if he creates four goalscoring opportunities in every game, I couldn't give a flying fuck if he gets a deck chair out in the centre circle. The problem isn't Ozil, and if people don't wake up to that indisputable fact then he'll be off as well. Then not only will we be shite at the back still, we'll also be even more tepid going forward as well.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

worthing_gooner wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:41 pm
Talking of midfield, a little bit disappointed to see all the criticism of Ozil in the media and among some of our fans, yet again :roll: It's almost like we're trying to punish ourselves by forcing out our next best player after Sanchez.

"played like a deserter, hiding in plain sight"... in actuality he created four chances, two of which were absolutely gilt edged. But for 50 pence head Welbeck and a useless blazing strike from Bellerin he would've had at least one assist.

Frankly if he creates four goalscoring opportunities in every game, I couldn't give a flying fuck if he gets a deck chair out in the centre circle. The problem isn't Ozil, and if people don't wake up to that indisputable fact then he'll be off as well. Then not only will we be shite at the back still, we'll also be even more tepid going forward as well.
Wasting your time, mate. But you are 100% right. 8) Never mind that Ozil can open up a defence with a slide rule pass, never mind that he creates chances every game, never mind that he missed equalling Henry's assist record by 1 (even though he was still creating chances that our shit strikers didn't convert into assists) never mind all that - there are punters on here that will tell you he "doesn't run around enough". :lol: :lol:

We need Robbie Savage! :barscarf: :lol:

Now that I have gotten that facetiousness out of me... :D :wink: I think the problem with Ozil is that Wenger will never get the best from him or capitalise on what he proivides because Wenger has not got a clue how to build a team around a technically superb player with true vision. Ozil was the European assist record holder whilst at Madrid. I wonder why? The Madrid players were pissed off when the club sold him. You put a top top striker in front of Ozil, play him as a 10, add two top DM's and you win the PL. End of. 8)

Okay, also add a few decent defenders! :lol: :wink:

And a manager that isn't shit. :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

And now that I've made it a Wenger whine I have to merge it.... :shock:

:D :wink: