League Cup Draw

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: League Cup Draw

Post by SteveO 35 »

I was at THOF in the late 80s when we beat them 1-0 in the second leg of the second round, having already stuffed them up there. 15,000 fans turned up that evening......don't rule out a return to those days in the not too distant future

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Jesus, is the league cup still a thing?

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Sean wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:54 pm
Nice draw. Shame we'll have to be subjected to all the double-barrelled pubbers in our excuse for a youth team :roll:

Losing to Birmingham, Bradford, Blackburn and Sheffield Wednesday. No wonder The Old Fraud has never won this cup :censored:

The Arsenal winning this trophy only twice (Under GG, naturally) is not good enough, however derided it is nowadays.
The Arsenal winning European trophies only twice (once Under GG, naturally) is not good enough, :wink: :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

how long have the Doncaster tickets been on sale for?

I just logged on to see how many tickets have been shifted :lol:

the answer - not very many. the whole stadium is GREEN apart from an over optimistic section that has been reserved for Doncaster supporters.

I doubt more than a couple of thousand Arsenal fans have actually bought tickets for this yet :shock:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:47 pm
how long have the Doncaster tickets been on sale for?

I just logged on to see how many tickets have been shifted :lol:

the answer - not very many. the whole stadium is GREEN apart from an over optimistic section that has been reserved for Doncaster supporters.

I doubt more than a couple of thousand Arsenal fans have actually bought tickets for this yet :shock:
The club will give away tickets (West Ham style) to fill the ground, well when I say fill I mean maybe 45,000, infact I think this will be a recurring theme in the years to come as we sit in midtable and struggle to con people with our claims about "being determined to win the league" etc. etc. :blah:

Still the TV money will keep us in profit, along with having no WC players who want WC wages, so a cheaper wage bill (relative) will also ensure Stan's investment is safe.

We might as well rename the club to Bland Boring PLC.

Maybe they could consider reintroducing the cardboard cutout fans we used in the North bank at Highbury for a while.. :roll:

In fact I think I just nodded off even talking about the clu... err company.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

just had another look at the tickets for this - still hardly anyone bought one :lol:

I think FINALLY people are deciding not to go to games - you can still sit pretty much anywhere in the ground as well for the Bournemouth game tomorrow.

hopefully the momentum is building towards bigger protests this season

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:39 pm
just had another look at the tickets for this - still hardly anyone bought one :lol:

I think FINALLY people are deciding not to go to games - you can still sit pretty much anywhere in the ground as well for the Bournemouth game tomorrow.

hopefully the momentum is building towards bigger protests this season
Bournemouth officially listed as "sold out" or is that as it is now too late to purchase ?

The more empty seats the better as far as I am concerned.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

general sale for the Doncaster game , £10 a ticket and STILL people are not buying :lol: :lol:

lets assume a maximum 1,000 come from Doncaster, Arsenal give away 5,000 freebies, I reckon the attendance will still struggle to get to 20,000 :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

correction : just been on one of their forums (turns out a visit to the Emirates is a big deal to them :lol: ) and so they have sold over 4,000 already.

I reckon at this stage they are likely to have more fans in the stadium than us :roll:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:22 pm
correction : just been on one of their forums (turns out a visit to the Emirates is a big deal to them :lol: ) and so they have sold over 4,000 already.

I reckon at this stage they are likely to have more fans in the stadium than us :roll:
Still plenty of tickets available for West Brom as well. Loads of yellow sections around the ground an plenty of green in the Clock End.........................