Do we have the most stupid "fans" in football ??

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Not sure if this warrants a thread of its own. During the protests last season I was struck by how many great fans we have BUT also - how many utter numpties call themselves Arsenal fans these days.

And then I read this article :shock: :lol:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/05/ars ... ne-wenger/

This chump sums up completely all that is wrong with the modern breed of "supporter". You'll only need to read the first line to understand why I say that. Read on if you must but I warn you - you'll want to put your foot through your PC screen and then send him the bill.

Ladies and Gentlemen - any advance on Damian Reilly??

Mistical92

Re: Do we have the most stupid "fans" in football ??

Post by Mistical92 »

Anyone from Arsenal Fan TV. I hate those pricks.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:05 am
Not sure if this warrants a thread of its own. During the protests last season I was struck by how many great fans we have BUT also - how many utter numpties call themselves Arsenal fans these days.

And then I read this article :shock: :lol:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/05/ars ... ne-wenger/

This chump sums up completely all that is wrong with the modern breed of "supporter". You'll only need to read the first line to understand why I say that. Read on if you must but I warn you - you'll want to put your foot through your PC screen and then send him the bill.

Ladies and Gentlemen - any advance on Damian Reilly??
thought I had read it all until I read that :shock:
so basically someone who has "supported" the club for a few months feels it is right to tell fans who have supported the club for years what is best for the club :roll: does he realise what an arrogant arsehole he comes across like :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Yes. Yes, we do.

On both sides.

Have you ever seen the window lickers BT and SlySports interview outside the Conglomerates on matchday? :oops: :oops:

"Yeah mate Wenger all the way. He's a legend innit!"
"He's Arsenal ain't he? He built the club."
"We are gonna win the double. And the champions league!"
"Support the manager or go support chelsea, mate."

And then on here you have;

"We will lose every game 6-0."
"We will finish mid table."
"We will get relegated."
"Spurs are everything I admire."
"the denial persisted."

So many fucking morons, so few bullets... :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TBH I posted that link on here last season and I think it's a spoof. A lifelong manure fan now Arsenal? Smells of a vermin fan taking the piss. :lol:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:14 am
TBH I posted that link on here last season and I think it's a spoof. A lifelong manure fan now Arsenal? Smells of a vermin fan taking the piss. :lol:
I wondered that but he goes so far beyond a simple wind-up. As Boris Johnson would say "It's an inverted pyramid of piffle".

I didn't know whether to laugh, cry or vomit whilst I was reading it. Like Graham Perry, Tony Attwood and virtually every other AKB, he comes across as pompous, morally superior, condescending and generally nauseating. Their favourite stance is to take the moral high ground and paint anyone that wants Wenger Out as a yob / thug / moron.

I suppose they do that because there hasn't been a cogent Pro Wenger argument since about 2006.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Whether it's a spoof or not, most fans under the age of 30, Wenger is Arsenal, he is all they have ever known and I bet most of them will tell you Wenger is the best and most successful manager we have ever had. Most fans believe we are lucky to have him, most of them are so brainwashed they cannot imagine life without him.

I know that being a lifelong Gooner some fans never want us to lose but for the good of the club and to heap as much misery on the club as possible, for the way they have treated us, I hope we finish as far down the table as possible. Anything short of relegation will do just fine. Might just shut those idiot "fans" up for 5 minutes as well.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:29 am
Whether it's a spoof or not, most fans under the age of 30, Wenger is Arsenal, he is all they have ever known and I bet most of them will tell you Wenger is the best and most successful manager we have ever had. Most fans believe we are lucky to have him, most of them are so brainwashed they cannot imagine life without him.

I know that being a lifelong Gooner some fans never want us to lose but for the good of the club and to heap as much misery on the club as possible, for the way they have treated us, I hope we finish as far down the table as possible. Anything short of relegation will do just fine. Might just shut those idiot "fans" up for 5 minutes as well.
Mate, there are plenty of fans over the age of 30 that are full on AKB too unfortunately.... :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:27 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:14 am
I wondered that but he goes so far beyond a simple wind-up. As Boris Johnson would say "It's an inverted pyramid of piffle".

I didn't know whether to laugh, cry or vomit whilst I was reading it. Like Graham Perry, Tony Attwood and virtually every other AKB, he comes across as pompous, morally superior, condescending and generally nauseating. Their favourite stance is to take the moral high ground and paint anyone that wants Wenger Out as a yob / thug / moron.

I suppose they do that because there hasn't been a cogent Pro Wenger argument since about 2006.
Could well be legit, I agree. God knows we do have some complete dicktards amongst our fanbase. :lol: :oops:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Read the sub headline and that was enough, heard it all before from numpties like John Cross etc. I wouldn't read the spectator anyway - pseudo intellectual middle upper class tosh.

There is nothing to like about modern football - either you get an oil sheikh, oligarch and win lots, get a half decent rich owner who likes football, win a few things or you get an American greedy investor and win basically f*ck all apart from the odd domestic cup and get ripped off along the way, yeah we should just shut up and put up because some muppet who probably earns £100K a year or more thinks he knows about football and tells us to..

:roll:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Er no, I think that honour is shared by all clubs. :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Midz wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:57 am

:lol:

Very true.

But you know what - I think SlyNews and BTSport actively seek out the most moronic Arsenal fans they can find to embarrass us. We've never been the media's darling the way the mousers, manure, and even the scum and shammers have been.... :|

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:14 pm
Midz wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:57 am

:lol:

Very true.

But you know what - I think SlyNews and BTSport actively seek out the most moronic Arsenal fans they can find to embarrass us. We've never been the media's darling the way the mousers, manure, and even the scum and shammers have been.... :|
Our manager is though....you can't have everything :D :D :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:23 pm

Our manager is though....you can't have everything :D :D :D

Ahahahaha!! Spot on there mate. :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

God Yes!.