Wenger or Kroenke Out!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
brucers

Re: Wenger or Kroenke Out!!

Post by brucers »

Got to stick with 'Wenger out.' 2 reasons, as others have said Kranky will only clear off if profits are too low or through a buy out. There is little to be done that fans can do to achieve this. Secondly, the media. If you start up against Kranky, any coverage may focus on saying we don't know what we want, one season it's 'Wenger out' next 'Clear off Kranky'

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Both?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:13 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:54 pm
Not this again..... no offence

You know my opinion and yes I would donate to try and get rid of wiggy racoon head.

Kroenke is the real problem, going after Wenger didn't work last time, not the fault of those who tried but they were swimming against a tide of Kroenke and the AKB's.

Even if wiggy fires Wenger which is about 1% likely unless we get relegated the chances are he won't appoint a high calibre replacement and as DB10GOONER said he sets the tone and accepts failure on the field regardless of who the manager is, that won't change because he does not want to invest any of his own money in climbing "the football ladder", he justs want to use the resources of the club to turn a profit and probably in the long run start taking money out.
You know if I didn't know the story at Arsenal I would guess that we have some cheap arse manager on 2m per year. Wenger is on around NINE MILLION. Kroenke can get a lot better than Wenger for a lot less.

I don't believe Kroenke is actively against winning titles he is just complacent with the status quo, more than happy with the financial return and doesn't care about what the fans think. A half decent manager, at the same club, with the same resources Wenger has, would win the title.

As has been said ad nauseum....Kroenke is not the one buying the players, abusing the players, wasting their talents and ruining their careers. WENGER is, Kroenke's crime is allowing it.

The irony is we could stir the Wenger luvvies up into a frenzy against Kroenke and they are genuinely too thick to realise, a new owner with ambition, would fire Wenger immediately.
At the risk of going in circles here, mate... :wink: Kroenke's crime to me is actually worse than Wenger's in a way. Wiggy has the power to sort it out by sacking the failing manager but hasn't, and won't while the financial side of the club is doing well. He sets a low bar for Wenger to achieve. My other concern is of course what happens after Wenger goes?

Just getting rid of Wenger is treating the rash, not what is causing the rash.

Does anyone actually believe Kroenke will look to appoint a manager that tells him at that job interview what he will achieve on the pitch... or a manager that guarantees to continue Wenger's profitable "business model" of management. We seriously could (and probably would) end up with another 10 or 20 years of the same shit with a Wenger 2 in charge - and probably advised by Wenger 1 in the Board room... all allowed by the one man with the power to end it - wiggy racoon head.

But I do understand we are limited in resources, time, and people willing to contribute money and physical presence for a campaign of protest and probably in the short term that effort should be centred on Wenger, as the one possible chink in the armour that I can see is Wenger's insane ego - whilst it carried him through the protests last year with arrogance, maybe if assaulted by a longer more vitriolic campaign it would finally snap and (as I often say) try to "punish" us non-believers by "abandoning" us.... :roll: :lol: But then, if he did finally fuck off... what comes next? Wenger 2? :|

For me, in a perfect world etc, the protest campaign would be fully centred on both of the bastards choking our club to death, but it ain't a perfect world. :|

NickF

Post by NickF »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:12 am

At the risk of going in circles here, mate... :wink: Kroenke's crime to me is actually worse than Wenger's in a way. Wiggy has the power to sort it out by sacking the failing manager but hasn't, and won't while the financial side of the club is doing well. He sets a low bar for Wenger to achieve. My other concern is of course what happens after Wenger goes?

For me, it is the other way. Wenger's crimes are far worse. Agree to disagree...

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:20 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

For me, it is the other way. Wenger's crimes are far worse. Agree to disagree...
Yeah, and tbh Nick, I switch it over in my head some days and think Wenger is far worse... but then I worked in the construction industry for 17 years and the owner of the firm routinely fired non-performers and lazy underachievers - he set the tone, he set the ambition, he set the minimum requirement.... and I just think a football club should be run that way. And most are. I cannot get past the fact that Wenger has not won the PL in 13 seasons. What other owner or chairman at what other club would tolerate that? Only the billionaire at Arsenal. At any other club he'd be sacked by the owner. :|

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Kroenke IS the biggest problem moving forward at Arsenal.
Does that mean he is the right target right now? NO

Wenger's job has been to protect Kroenke and he has done it well - hence he is rewarded well.
Get rid of Wenger and Kroenke no longer has that shield. If he is going to be targeted again this season though, then he needs to be REMOVED this season. No messing about. Ramp up the protests, whatever it takes. Make things unpleasant outside the ground so that the tourists start to go to Spurs or West Ham instead :twisted:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I think we go full force at Wenger and try get Kroenke included down the Rd. We start with Wenger, everyone knows that campaign and the Wenger Out boards will be seen all over the world again. Once we have the media's attention we will start throwing Kroenke's name about as well...scandalous that he has given him yet another contract.......blah,blah

I also worry that if we kick off with Kroenke Out, the media are going to be ...Wtf are this lot on about now. I think a relentless, sustained attack, starting with Wenger...show them we are still here. Target campaigns that do not require feet on the ground. Rather money, some artwork and a few phone calls. Work smarter, not harder.

And Wenger's ludicrous "Hunger Index" quote is going to haunt him throughout this season, We are gonna make sure of that. Lampoon him, he'll HATE that :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:46 am
I think we go full force at Wenger and try get Kroenke included down the Rd. We start with Wenger, everyone knows that campaign and the Wenger Out boards will be seen all over the world again. Once we have the media's attention we will start throwing Kroenke's name about as well...scandalous that he has given him yet another contract.......blah,blah

I also worry that if we kick off with Kroenke Out, the media are going to be ...Wtf are this lot on about now. I think a relentless, sustained attack, starting with Wenger...show them we are still here. Target campaigns that do not require feet on the ground. Rather money, some artwork and a few phone calls. Work smarter, not harder.

And Wenger's ludicrous "Hunger Index" quote is going to haunt him throughout this season, We are gonna make sure of that. Lampoon him, he'll HATE that :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Sound plan, mate. 8)

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

flash gunner wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:10 am
Both?
Best answer so far. :mrgreen:

Both look like candidates for a stroke or heart attack... we can but hope... :twisted:

Sean

Post by Sean »

I am still a believer in going after Wenger first.

Yes, both he and Kroenke are two cheeks of the same arse. They are both killing our club. The weak-as-piss Cashburton crowd may be more likely to chant against the Syrup, but he's not fucking going anywhere and never attends enough games to hear it anyway.

As I and others said at the summit in June, we can use the Time for Change 'brand' and protest on a broad front. For me personally, getting that useless old cúnt out of our dugout remains top priority. Jumpers and I came up with a bunch of ideas, focusing on low numbers to carry them out, given how the marches dried up very disappointingly. I think only bad defeats could whip up another several hundred marchers, but this is not the level that 13 years of frustration warrants. Sadly, with the Tarquins in the bowl and the old school fans in the pub, we could never crack five or ten thousand, or have the effect the Billy Wright and Terry Neill protesters had. Apathy rules.

As has been said, only another billionaire can get rid of Wiggy and he will never sell, nor does any other billionaire have the bottle to challenge him and fuck him off. And yes, he will always give TOF another contract, if we are not getting relegated.

The protests last season DID get under TOF's skin. If we can keep it up for most of the next two years, you never know. Obviously all the contract talk has to be shelved for another year. We must go after the 13 years of failure in the league, 19 years of failure in the CL before dropping back into the EL and all the humiliating results of the past decade. Yes, the weak link is TOF himself.

And yes, I am a little annoyed there is no desire for radical 'ultras'-style action against the cúnt. Fuck him.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Brother was saying earlier he was listening to Talkshite Adrian Durham today who mentioned the possibility that Wenger is preparing to sell off major assets for profits for himself & the Syrup.

Then Wenger will resign a year into his contract after fucking up the playing squad for his eventual successor, whilst Wiggy appoints a nobody on the cheap who won't get the transfer funds for a new rebuilding .

Wiggy ends up removing the massive stash cash reserves for collateral for his american rugby stadium, sells the club for cheap after stripping the assets. Wenger can then watch his successor fail & justify his legacy to his moonie cult followers. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

subtleasaheadbutt

Post by subtleasaheadbutt »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:59 pm
Brother was saying earlier he was listening to Talkshite Adrian Durham today who mentioned the possibility that Wenger is preparing to sell off major assets for profits for himself & the Syrup.

Then Wenger will resign a year into his contract after fucking up the playing squad for his eventual successor, whilst Wiggy appoints a nobody on the cheap who won't get the transfer funds for a new rebuilding .

Wiggy ends up removing the massive stash cash reserves for collateral for his american rugby stadium, sells the club for cheap after stripping the assets. Wenger can then watch his successor fail & justify his legacy to his moonie cult followers. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
AW and SK maybe C.unts, however, one thing I can be sure of is they would not be telling Adrian fucking Durham their plans....
It's known as talkshite for a reason

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:25 am
NickF wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:20 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

Yeah, and tbh Nick, I switch it over in my head some days and think Wenger is far worse... but then I worked in the construction industry for 17 years and the owner of the firm routinely fired non-performers and lazy underachievers - he set the tone, he set the ambition, he set the minimum requirement.... and I just think a football club should be run that way. And most are. I cannot get past the fact that Wenger has not won the PL in 13 seasons. What other owner or chairman at what other club would tolerate that? Only the billionaire at Arsenal. At any other club he'd be sacked by the owner. :|
Has to be Wenger,Kroenke don't train the team,he don't make cowards,he's not the one who allows limp dicked performances,Arsene gets the shit he wants,Kroenke puts his hand in his pocket only for Wenger to buy the wrong player for the wrong position,it isnt Wiggy who comes out talking bollocks in the press,and waving at the 4th official,and I agree he pays Wengers wages and hasn't sacked him but if Arsene was any fucking use the abuse against Kroenke wouldn't be happening,
Its a bit like the chicken or the egg really,but I think Arene Wenger is the biggest issue Arsenal football club have right now,purely because of his awful take on the modern game,

(But ideally I'd have them both gone)

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:13 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:54 pm
Not this again..... no offence

You know my opinion and yes I would donate to try and get rid of wiggy racoon head.

Kroenke is the real problem, going after Wenger didn't work last time, not the fault of those who tried but they were swimming against a tide of Kroenke and the AKB's.

Even if wiggy fires Wenger which is about 1% likely unless we get relegated the chances are he won't appoint a high calibre replacement and as DB10GOONER said he sets the tone and accepts failure on the field regardless of who the manager is, that won't change because he does not want to invest any of his own money in climbing "the football ladder", he justs want to use the resources of the club to turn a profit and probably in the long run start taking money out.
You know if I didn't know the story at Arsenal I would guess that we have some cheap arse manager on 2m per year. Wenger is on around NINE MILLION. Kroenke can get a lot better than Wenger for a lot less.

I don't believe Kroenke is actively against winning titles he is just complacent with the status quo, more than happy with the financial return and doesn't care about what the fans think. A half decent manager, at the same club, with the same resources Wenger has, would win the title.

As has been said ad nauseum....Kroenke is not the one buying the players, abusing the players, wasting their talents and ruining their careers. WENGER is, Kroenke's crime is allowing it.

The irony is we could stir the Wenger luvvies up into a frenzy against Kroenke and they are genuinely too thick to realise, a new owner with ambition, would fire Wenger immediately.
Of course Kroenke isn't actively against winning the title, who would be?!, he just doesn't want to invest any of his money to achieve it and I believe that the £3M consultancy fee that KSE took twice was testing the water for future cash withdrawals, this will be very tempting now with the extra TV money making profits large rather than small.

I am slightly hopeful though that this might cause him some 'discomfort' because while the club falters on the field he will find it difficult to take money out without the fans going mad.

I am not sure another manager would win the title, they would obviously improve our chances, assuming Kroenke didn't appoint someone from MLS or a wild card cheap replacement as mad as Wenger. Other clubs have equal or better resources and/or owners who would not tollerate the stagnation we have seen under Wenger, more progressive boards etc.

Best case scenario - Kroenke gets p*ssed off that we have millions sitting in the bank which he can't touch and sells up for an obscene amount to a more ambitious owner who then sacks Wenger. Sadly it's pretty depressing to think about our future under the American, with or without Wenger, I don't think it will be bright.

In a way I hope he does take money out and we see the apathetic crowd really start to rise up against him.. most likely they'll just sit there and take it like the sheep they are though (mostly). Just happy none of my money will be financing the AW/SK sh*tshow.

:banghead:
Last edited by sk-gtfo on Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

What we know of Kronke, or what he has said is that he wants Arsenal FC as part of his sporting portfolio, he sees it as a long term investment for his son to inherit
Looks like the only way it would change hands would be a double your money offer from the Nigerian or Uzbek guys, even then i don't think he would sell...just my opinion
He is totally fireproof as regards any protest

Wenger on the other hand is vulnerable....he will be affected by protest we know that....at the very least it is showing some dissent and highlighting his mistakes..there must be a certain pleasure knowing that you are actually getting to this despicable man

Have a feeling this will be a big season for Arsenal FC in many ways... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: