Wenger or Kroenke Out!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: Wenger or Kroenke Out!!

Post by NickF »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:21 am
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:42 am
I think a lot of people are in for a shock when Wenger goes. I don't see Arsenal appointing a great manager like Pep for example and our appeal to players is dropping.
Add the fact that Chelsea, City and United are backed financially by their owners we are stuck in Kroenke limbo.
He wants total control as he has bid for Usmanovs shares. I agree it's time for Wenger to go but I don't believe a new manager to create success under the silent Stan.
Thousands of posts later we still talk about Wenger but it's a hope that a new manager will bring us success. Look at Liverpool they have a good manager in Klopp but are way off challenging for the title.
Unless there are big changes we are 4th at best but probably top 6 for a long time to come.
Agreed, those who think replacing Wenger will fix everything are being as naive as those who thought Kroenke was a better choice than Usmanov back in 2007. Wenger should be history years ago but he is Kroenke's Billy Beane. To summarise - they are a pair of c**ts. :twisted:

Also because of this 'frugal' approach we are going to fall behind commercially and it will become increasingly hard to get anywhere near the top clubs, it's why I always said Kroenke out not Wenger out, this is what the protests should be about and this way AKB's might be 'tricked' into joining in. :twisted:
Not sure I totally agree with that. Kroenke is never going to put any of his own money in, but he will let the manager get on with the job without interference. Most of our problems are down to a dinosaur manager and the amount of money he has wasted on substandard players which is then compounded by paying them way over their worth.

We don't have the financial power of say PSG and City but we aren't exactly paupers. We need to streamline in that we need a squad of quality players and not indulging the likes of Sonogoals who we made a millionaire. Some decent tactics and actually looking at how the opponents play and setting ourselves up accordingly and we might not be in too bad a shape.

Of course, the longer we indulge Wenger, the worse it is going to get.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I have said on here before that we could well become the next Newcastle United - massive fanbase and support but no chance of competing to win anything.

They won the FA Cup in 1951, 1952 and 1955 - since then nothing of any note
Arsenal won the FA Cup in 2014, 2015 and 2017...see where I am going with this....

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Whaaay yaaay Munn - alun shearerrr is a ceeeuuunnttt whaaay yaaaay!

augie

Post by augie »

NickF wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:55 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
supergeorgegraham wrote:
I think a lot of people are in for a shock when Wenger goes. I don't see Arsenal appointing a great manager like Pep for example and our appeal to players is dropping.
Add the fact that Chelsea, City and United are backed financially by their owners we are stuck in Kroenke limbo.
He wants total control as he has bid for Usmanovs shares. I agree it's time for Wenger to go but I don't believe a new manager to create success under the silent Stan.
Thousands of posts later we still talk about Wenger but it's a hope that a new manager will bring us success. Look at Liverpool they have a good manager in Klopp but are way off challenging for the title.
Unless there are big changes we are 4th at best but probably top 6 for a long time to come.
Agreed, those who think replacing Wenger will fix everything are being as naive as those who thought Kroenke was a better choice than Usmanov back in 2007. Wenger should be history years ago but he is Kroenke's Billy Beane. To summarise - they are a pair of c**ts. :twisted:

Also because of this 'frugal' approach we are going to fall behind commercially and it will become increasingly hard to get anywhere near the top clubs, it's why I always said Kroenke out not Wenger out, this is what the protests should be about and this way AKB's might be 'tricked' into joining in. :twisted:
Not sure I totally agree with that. Kroenke is never going to put any of his own money in, but he will let the manager get on with the job without interference. Most of our problems are down to a dinosaur manager and the amount of money he has wasted on substandard players which is then compounded by paying them way over their worth.

We don't have the financial power of say PSG and City but we aren't exactly paupers. We need to streamline in that we need a squad of quality players and not indulging the likes of Sonogoals who we made a millionaire. Some decent tactics and actually looking at how the opponents play and setting ourselves up accordingly and we might not be in too bad a shape.

Absolutely - sick of listening to people (mostly opposition fans and akb's) spout shite about the fact that we wont get a top manager when wenker FINALLY fcuks off, and that things wont improve much :evil: Fact is that you don't need to be a top manager to spend the money better than the outdated arrogant French pri*k, and you don't need to be Einstein to have more tactical know how than him too :roll: Maybe we still wont be good enough to beat the worlds top teams consistently, but we sure as shit wont go out with a loser attitude or inferiority complex like mr 4th place :oops: :oops:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

augie wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:51 pm
Absolutely - sick of listening to people (mostly opposition fans and akb's) spout shite about the fact that we wont get a top manager when wenker FINALLY fcuks off, and that things wont improve much :evil: Fact is that you don't need to be a top manager to spend the money better than the outdated arrogant French pri*k, and you don't need to be Einstein to have more tactical know how than him too :roll: Maybe we still wont be good enough to beat the worlds top teams consistently, but we sure as shit wont go out with a loser attitude or inferiority complex like mr 4th place :oops: :oops:
Is that Armchair in disguise?.

:roll: :twisted:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

augie wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:51 pm
NickF wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:55 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
supergeorgegraham wrote:

Look at the actions and not the words. Kroenke owns no successful sport teams. In fact they are all under achieving as regards on field success.
Without a firm dedicated CEO no company achieves success. What is driving Kroenke is the value of Arsenal continues to increase even without a title or Champions League qualification. His investment is solid and he does not have to spend a penny. Most USA fans hate him as well.

NickF

Post by NickF »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:43 am

Look at the actions and not the words. Kroenke owns no successful sport teams. In fact they are all under achieving as regards on field success.
Without a firm dedicated CEO no company achieves success. What is driving Kroenke is the value of Arsenal continues to increase even without a title or Champions League qualification. His investment is solid and he does not have to spend a penny. Most USA fans hate him as well.
Guess it would depend on your definition of success. Certainly Kroenke was a major shareholder when the Rams won their superbowl, the owner when the Rapids won the MLS and obviously we have won a lot of FA cups. Wouldn't disagree about under achieving though.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

All above posts are certainly true...But hey! as Flash would say.

"Let's Be Positive" :D :barscarf: