Wenger or Kroenke Out!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
sk-gtfo

Re: Wenger or Kroenke Out!!

Post by sk-gtfo »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:10 pm
The parallels in that story are prophetic, so :rubchin: can we now be expected to be moved to another city due to the bad results brought on by fan apathy
Haha I'm sure he would if he could but there are already enough football clubs in the major cities in England, perhaps he can move us to Oz?, Wenger said how great the fans were down there afterall and we all know Stan thinks the sun shines out of Wenger's bumhole.

Seriously though this is why I can't really be arsed with the Wenger protests, not criticising anyone for trying but it is absolutely ridiculous that we should have to protest to get Wenger out, if the owner had any ambition he would be long gone by now, I can see it now after Wenger finally goes it's groundhog day again as we need to protest again to get the next useless manager out.

:censored: :censored: :censored:

canonspark

Post by canonspark »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:23 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:10 pm
The parallels in that story are prophetic, so :rubchin: can we now be expected to be moved to another city due to the bad results brought on by fan apathy
Haha I'm sure he would if he could but there are already enough football clubs in the major cities in England, perhaps he can move us to Oz?, Wenger said how great the fans were down there afterall and we all know Stan thinks the sun shines out of Wenger's bumhole.

Seriously though this is why I can't really be arsed with the Wenger protests, not criticising anyone for trying but it is absolutely ridiculous that we should have to protest to get Wenger out, if the owner had any ambition he would be long gone by now, I can see it now after Wenger finally goes it's groundhog day again as we need to protest again to get the next useless manager out.

:censored: :censored: :censored:
hopefully he will cash in when wenger goes if not before knowing that his profit generator is on his way

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

This week I have heard a lot of information regarding our transfer window. BBC journalist said that Arsenal did not have the transfer funds to sign Lemar without selling OX and Sanchez.
All the other stuff he said on arseblog podcast made sense but I'm confused. Over the last 5 years we are supposed to be the 6th or 7th richest club in the world. We have never gone mad in any transfer window. We have the huge money from the new TV deal but this guy said we are not making much money.
If this is all true then the self funding system we run is over. We can't compete with the top clubs world wide unless we have a new board and manager of course. Even if you don't like arseblog this interview is very interesting to hear for all fans.

NickF

Post by NickF »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:37 am
This week I have heard a lot of information regarding our transfer window. BBC journalist said that Arsenal did not have the transfer funds to sign Lemar without selling OX and Sanchez.
All the other stuff he said on arseblog podcast made sense but I'm confused. Over the last 5 years we are supposed to be the 6th or 7th richest club in the world. We have never gone mad in any transfer window. We have the huge money from the new TV deal but this guy said we are not making much money.
If this is all true then the self funding system we run is over. We can't compete with the top clubs world wide unless we have a new board and manager of course. Even if you don't like arseblog this interview is very interesting to hear for all fans.
I was also confused as to why we need to sell in order to buy. Are we really wasting that much money on a bloated overpaid squad?

I get that we can't spend £200m plus on a single player but we are in one of the riches leagues with the highest match day revenue in the world.

Is it that we can't compete or choose not to compete?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

For me it's all media bollocks. You have one reporter (I refuse to call any of the utter gash that works in football reporting a "journalist") saying Wenger has a £150million war chest, another reporter saying he has to buy to sell.

The truth is most likely somewhere in the middle. We probably cannot go £120million plus £250k per week wages on one player, but I don't believe for a minute we have to sell to buy.

What I do firmly believe is that through Wenger's fucking stupidity we have a bloated (in the sense of quantity over quality) squad of vastly overpaid players that we cannot get off the pay roll until their grossly extended contracts run down. This certainly is limiting the funds available for new signings in relation to paying of wages. To what extent? Anyone's guess really, but personally I don't believe even all that wasted money is totally preventing us signing new players. I think a lot of it also comes down to a couple of other things;

1. Many players not wanting to join a team that has stagnated and can't challenge for the PL or CL.
2. And also I think some of it is Wenger's reluctance to aggressively pursue some of those transfers because either the press has "told him" he needs Player X and his ego cannot accept that, or because his own insane ego and stupidity has told him signing Play Y will "kill" Ramsey or Walcott, and he cannot accept that he has failed to turn them into superstars. :roll:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:16 am

It's the later, simples.

There is something very fishy about our activity and has been since about 4 years when our cash reserves started to get quite sizeable, impossible to prove but I think it has something to do with the club (company :roll: ) being used as collateral against the LA Rams move in the US.

Wenger and Kroenke are as thick as thieves and both in on it, funny how Ivan the terrible is now telling us we can only compete with Leicester's 'model' when 4-5 years ago we were supposed to be on our way to competing with Bayern's?, strange that this coincided with Kroenke needing more collateral from his assets.

:censored:

supergeorgegraham

sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:24 am
NickF wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:16 am

It's the later, simples.

There is something very fishy about our activity and has been since about 4 years when our cash reserves started to get quite sizeable, impossible to prove but I think it has something to do with the club (company :roll: ) being used as collateral against the LA Rams move in the US.

Wenger and Kroenke are as thick as thieves and both in on it, funny how Ivan the terrible is now telling us we can only compete with Leicester's 'model' when 4-5 years ago we were supposed to be on our way to competing with Bayern's?, strange that this coincided with Kroenke needing more collateral from his assets.

:censored:
I agree with you. Just read United are in for Lemar while we now want Sterling who will be cheap and crap.

NickF

Post by NickF »

With a protest announced for the West Brom game (see link), I was wondering about what the consensus of opinion is on the tone.
Previously it has been fairly respectful including my own "all good things" banner, but is now time to drop the nice approach and be as spiteful as he is to us fans?

http://www.onlinegooner.com/article.php ... ve&id=3728

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

NickF wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:02 pm
With a protest announced for the West Brom game (see link), I was wondering about what the consensus of opinion is on the tone.
Previously it has been fairly respectful including my own "all good things" banner, but is now time to drop the nice approach and be as spiteful as he is to us fans?

I don't think banners should resort to name-calling, but definitely time to drop the nice and respectful approach and hit him with "time to go" and put some of his lies out there.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:02 pm

It's a good question, Nick. I've always been behind a "respectful" protest as to lower the tone lowers the message and makes us the fans look like morons. I thought a "respectful" protest might also get the media on side. It hasn't, partly because the media are flip flopping morons. I also thought the "respectful" protest was conducted very well, often in the face of abuse and even physical threats and attacks.

Now? TBH I think it is time to drop the "respectful" element. I'm not saying go with abusive banners because that would still make our fans look like mongs, but maybe just simplify the message to the "Wenger Out" type of banners/chants. Certainly be more direct, I would say.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

The sheep are clearly not interested in any form of Wenger-out protest, but the AGM is 26 October and Wiggy will be in town.

He has offered Usmanov 28k a share and if the Uzbek agrees (he's said no today, but money may talk eventually) and Wiggy gains control we can kiss goodbye to any and every vestige of the club that somehow keeps us hanging on.

A massive, aggressive, headline-grabbing protest is needed. so GFI !!!!!!!

I can't make it because flights are expensive and my tan needs topping up, but if some of you chaps could give it a go it would be much appreciated.

NickF

Post by NickF »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:12 pm
The sheep are clearly not interested in any form of Wenger-out protest, but the AGM is 26 October and Wiggy will be in town.

He has offered Usmanov 28k a share and if the Uzbek agrees (he's said no today, but money may talk eventually) and Wiggy gains control we can kiss goodbye to any and every vestige of the club that somehow keeps us hanging on.

I can't make it because flights are expensive and my tan needs topping up, but if some of you chaps could give it a go it would be much appreciated.
If the majority aren't interested then why should the usual suspects keep putting themselves out everytime?

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:12 pm

Appreciate the frustration but the handful of us (xsistential, mattyb, mzk, pete, retro, sean and me) that organised the protests last season can only do so much.

The reason we did it was because, like 99% of people on here, we were totally fed up with constantly under achieving and the bullshit that went with it.

The difference was that we decided to take direct action. Unless thousands of Gooners are prepared to do the same, nothing will ever change.

As Nick points out - if the majority aren't interested there's no point.

supergeorgegraham

I think a lot of people are in for a shock when Wenger goes. I don't see Arsenal appointing a great manager like Pep for example and our appeal to players is dropping.
Add the fact that Chelsea, City and United are backed financially by their owners we are stuck in Kroenke limbo.
He wants total control as he has bid for Usmanovs shares. I agree it's time for Wenger to go but I don't believe a new manager to create success under the silent Stan.
Thousands of posts later we still talk about Wenger but it's a hope that a new manager will bring us success. Look at Liverpool they have a good manager in Klopp but are way off challenging for the title.
Unless there are big changes we are 4th at best but probably top 6 for a long time to come.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:42 am
I think a lot of people are in for a shock when Wenger goes. I don't see Arsenal appointing a great manager like Pep for example and our appeal to players is dropping.
Add the fact that Chelsea, City and United are backed financially by their owners we are stuck in Kroenke limbo.
He wants total control as he has bid for Usmanovs shares. I agree it's time for Wenger to go but I don't believe a new manager to create success under the silent Stan.
Thousands of posts later we still talk about Wenger but it's a hope that a new manager will bring us success. Look at Liverpool they have a good manager in Klopp but are way off challenging for the title.
Unless there are big changes we are 4th at best but probably top 6 for a long time to come.
Agreed, those who think replacing Wenger will fix everything are being as naive as those who thought Kroenke was a better choice than Usmanov back in 2007. Wenger should be history years ago but he is Kroenke's Billy Beane. To summarise - they are a pair of c**ts. :twisted:

Also because of this 'frugal' approach we are going to fall behind commercially and it will become increasingly hard to get anywhere near the top clubs, it's why I always said Kroenke out not Wenger out, this is what the protests should be about and this way AKB's might be 'tricked' into joining in. :twisted: