Wenger or Kroenke Out!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Wenger or Kroenke Out!!

Post by xisstential »

Ok...so we are divided. I know in an ideal world it would be both but that isn't going to happen unless we get Kroenke out, as a new, ambitious manager would fire Wenger.

I want everyone's thoughts on this.

We want to get going again after the Chelsea game and some think we should go after Kroenke as we would gain more support inside the ground. The AKB's would happily vent on Kroenke as it shifts the blame from their beloved. One of the regular posters on here sent me a PM looking for the donation page after the Stoke defeat, wanting to contribute to Wenger Out. I told him we were thinking of going after Kroenke, he said we have zero chance and he wasn't wasting money on that.

My thoughts are that we got to Wenger last season, the Wenger Out is known worldwide, going after Kroenke, IMO, lets Wenger off the hook (Unless Kroenke sells), we should carry on where we left off last season and lastly, Tbh, Kroenke is unambitious and seemingly disinterested...BUT he is NOT the one stopping us winning the league. He could get a top manager for 6m who would love to take control at Arsenal, he would manage the finances and the transfers better. AND he would Not have Wenger's power and he would be accountable. There are managers out there who would have won the league 4 or 5 times in the last 13 years with the money, or even the squads Wenger's had. For me Kroenke's crime is continually reappointing Wenger. I think continually have negative publicity surrounding Wenger might eventually force Kroenke to fire him??Hard as it is to go after Wenger, Kroenke, IMO, is virtually untouchable. But that's my opinion, we want yours. Also what I want you to consider, are people going to donate toward a Kroenke Out Campaign because there is no doing this without money.

So...thoughts...do we go after Kroenke or Wenger???

DB10GOONER

Re: Wenger or Kroenke Out!!

Post by DB10GOONER »

For me tbh I think it's all hopeless... :| Kroenke is the owner, he is the ONLY one with the power to sack Wenger, but as he has demonstrated, he won't do that. So Kroenke needs to go so that the next owner will get rid of Wenger - and that's ONLY if the next owner is a football man and not another Kroenke. No guarantee of that - even the Russian Gangsta has stated publicly he thinks Wenger is the right man...

But can we get rid of Kroenke? I don't think we can. He is not a football man, does not live in the UK or attend games (apart from the FA Superbowl Cup) and gives zero shits about us the supporters or our opinion of him.

So what do we do? I would probably go for targetting both Wenger and Kroenke but agree that it might dilute the message in the limited-intellect brains of the media and many of our "fans". I think what you guys started last year is probably still the way to go, if you are going to do anything. Target Wenger. TBH I don't think it will get rid of Wenger (that's just me) but if there is even a slim outside chance that you can provoke his ego enough to make him flounce out the door in some ego-maniacal act of "punishing" us non-believer scum, then hell yeah, it's worth a shot.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:10 pm
Ok...so we are divided. I know in an ideal world it would be both but that isn't going to happen unless we get Kroenke out, as a new, ambitious manager would fire Wenger.

I want everyone's thoughts on this.

We want to get going again after the Chelsea game and some think we should go after Kroenke as we would gain more support inside the ground. The AKB's would happily vent on Kroenke as it shifts the blame from their beloved. One of the regular posters on here sent me a PM looking for the donation page after the Stoke defeat, wanting to contribute to Wenger Out. I told him we were thinking of going after Kroenke, he said we have zero chance and he wasn't wasting money on that.

My thoughts are that we got to Wenger last season, the Wenger Out is known worldwide, going after Kroenke, IMO, lets Wenger off the hook (Unless Kroenke sells), we should carry on where we left off last season and lastly, Tbh, Kroenke is unambitious and seemingly disinterested...BUT he is NOT the one stopping us winning the league. He could get a top manager for 6m who would love to take control at Arsenal, he would manage the finances and the transfers better. AND he would Not have Wenger's power and he would be accountable. There are managers out there who would have won the league 4 or 5 times in the last 13 years with the money, or even the squads Wenger's had. For me Kroenke's crime is continually reappointing Wenger. I think continually have negative publicity surrounding Wenger might eventually force Kroenke to fire him??Hard as it is to go after Wenger, Kroenke, IMO, is virtually untouchable. But that's my opinion, we want yours. Also what I want you to consider, are people going to donate toward a Kroenke Out Campaign because there is no doing this without money.

So...thoughts...do we go after Kroenke or Wenger???
Just regarding that bit in red though... for me Kroenke is stopping us winning the PL every bit as much as Wenger is - and for all the reasons you allude to plus more. For me it keeps coming back to the owner needing to do his job as the owner of a football club and setting the ambition, setting the tone and demanding footballing performance from every employee, and then dismissing the ones that are continuously failing... Kroenke does none of that. But ultimately I agree the bald wig wearing bastard is practically untouchable and that is fucking deppressing... :|

bobbybigb

Post by bobbybigb »

Continue to target Wenger , he is the weakest link. Wiggy is totally impervious to any protest the fans may deliver he really does not give a shit as long as the money still rolls in. Those protests got to TOF last year and in my opinion he would have gone had we been stuffed by Chelsea in the FA Cup Final (which most of us expected to happen)

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

In an ideal world both of them !!!!! But if it's only 1 it has to be Wenger.

1. Kroenke is never there to hear the abuse whereas Wenger is.
2. Wenger is the megalomaniac that makes all of the hare-brained decisions, on and off the pitch.
3. Wenger has mis-managed the squad to a shocking degree. He's had money but spent it on the wrong players.
4. Nobody in the world is untouchable. If we can cause enough unrest (aided by the inevitable poor results) we can force the issue and make his position untenable.
5. All that will shift Kroenke is a massive bid for his shares. We cannot control that.

We achieved a lot last season and we definitely loosened a few bricks in the wall. Whether we can knock that wall down is another matter but by God - we have to try. Wenger is turning us into a laughing stock. We are a sleeping giant that continually shoots itself in the foot - that will continue until Wenger goes.

augie

Post by augie »

I pm'd Chris the other day and said that I am willing to contribute again for a wenger out campaign, but I will NOT do so for a kroenke campaign until after le cock is gone - money is the only thing that will rid us of kroenke, but I still believe that a campaign of harassment and abuse will drive that French c.unt out of my club 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:58 pm
I pm'd Chris the other day and said that I am willing to contribute again for a wenger out campaign, but I will NOT do so for a kroenke campaign until after le cock is gone - money is the only thing that will rid us of kroenke, but I still believe that a campaign of harassment and abuse will drive that French c.unt out of my club 8)
I knew it was you. :roll: :banghead:

:D :wink:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:00 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:58 pm
I knew it was you. :roll: :banghead:

:D :wink:
And I tried so hard to protect him....Wenger knows who it is now :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Wenger Out for me. He is the one who runs the club top to bottom on a day to day basis.
Only another billionaire can remove Kroenke, it isn't going to be because of the fans.

Wenger is virtually untouchable but I want see the c**t given a horrendous time for the last 13 years of mismanagement.

This is our club!

Post by This is our club! »

I contributed last time and made a protest too, Wenger Out! only for me at this time....the protests definitely got to him, keep the pressure on him.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Almost impossible to out an owner if they don't want out.

So continue targeting Wenger, and maybe eventually his disciples will figure out he's a fucking fraud...maybe after we finish 6th this season.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Not this again..... no offence

You know my opinion and yes I would donate to try and get rid of wiggy racoon head.

Kroenke is the real problem, going after Wenger didn't work last time, not the fault of those who tried but they were swimming against a tide of Kroenke and the AKB's.

Even if wiggy fires Wenger which is about 1% likely unless we get relegated the chances are he won't appoint a high calibre replacement and as DB10GOONER said he sets the tone and accepts failure on the field regardless of who the manager is, that won't change because he does not want to invest any of his own money in climbing "the football ladder", he justs want to use the resources of the club to turn a profit and probably in the long run start taking money out.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:54 pm

You know my opinion and yes I would donate to try and get rid of wiggy racoon head.

Kroenke is the real problem, going after Wenger didn't work last time, not the fault of those who tried but they were swimming against a tide of Kroenke and the AKB's.

Even if wiggy fires Wenger which is about 1% likely unless we get relegated the chances are he won't appoint a high calibre replacement and as DB10GOONER said he sets the tone and accepts failure on the field regardless of who the manager is, that won't change because he does not want to invest any of his own money in climbing "the football ladder", he justs want to use the resources of the club to turn a profit and probably in the long run start taking money out.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :high5:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I think any protest against Wenger is very dependent on results especially over the next few matches, if results go well for him it looks petty to protest however unfortunately if results go badly for him any protests will be spun as a minority group of troublemakers stirring things up.

Personally still think Kroenke needs his 'asset' to be made less profitable to draw his attention and try to force his hand on the Wenger issue, a direct attack on Wenger seems isolated from the club and therefore it does not influence Stan nor make him question his decision to retain Wenger.

Wenger can be made uncomfortable certainly but from what i have seen his narcissistic nature insulates him from any real discomfort over the protests and only a really sustained period of losses resulting in genuine and general discontent amongst the faithful within the bowl might, and only might cause him to reconsider his position. Simply put he is so self confident and egotistical it will take a calamitous serious of events over an extended period and a drastic change to his satanic luck to force him out.

Harming Stans cash cow may be the only way ahead but even that would probably be unlikely.

Anyway go ahead and target Wenger and pray to every god that's ever existed and just maybe his luck might cave finally, good luck with your protests come what may :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:54 pm

You know if I didn't know the story at Arsenal I would guess that we have some cheap arse manager on 2m per year. Wenger is on around NINE MILLION. Kroenke can get a lot better than Wenger for a lot less.

I don't believe Kroenke is actively against winning titles he is just complacent with the status quo, more than happy with the financial return and doesn't care about what the fans think. A half decent manager, at the same club, with the same resources Wenger has, would win the title.

As has been said ad nauseum....Kroenke is not the one buying the players, abusing the players, wasting their talents and ruining their careers. WENGER is, Kroenke's crime is allowing it.

The irony is we could stir the Wenger luvvies up into a frenzy against Kroenke and they are genuinely too thick to realise, a new owner with ambition, would fire Wenger immediately.