Bournemouth home thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Bournemouth home thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:19 pm
Wanker has just said that Sanchez can win the fans back. Nobody's got a problem with him, it's you, you stupid *word censored*.
That's about par for wenker - He's the master of twisting the truth and laying the blame at the door of others, in fact he will blame anyone rather than EVER accept any kind of responsibility for a
His failure's and fuckUp's...CUN.T That he IS.

#wengercuntslopout

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Ray C wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:40 pm
Bournemouth were probably the worst team to play at the Emerites since it was built. Did I just say 'play' ??. How can anyone say we played well when we missed so many chances ?. Should have scored 10. :barscarf: :barscarf:
stand by that...churlish to not recognise good movement and passing, Ozil was excellent....yes they missed chances but i am talking about overall play....again against a non existent Bournemouth side, but that is what they were facing

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

hugh jardon wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:50 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:26 pm
lots of empty seats....Bournemouth playing absolute shite...

no atmosphere, or signing........welcome to the Arsenal matchday experience... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Took my son to this yesterday as his first match and what you say is absolutely true... A totally different day out to what I fell in love with as a child myself... I wonder if he will get the same buzz out of it that I did growing up.
Exactly the same thing happened to me last year mate. Took my son for his first match and whilst he had a good day, I bloody hated it. No passion, hardly any singing, players that I couldn't relate to. And massively overpriced.

So sad . . . . .

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:05 pm
hugh jardon wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:50 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:26 pm
lots of empty seats....Bournemouth playing absolute shite...

no atmosphere, or signing........welcome to the Arsenal matchday experience... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Took my son to this yesterday as his first match and what you say is absolutely true... A totally different day out to what I fell in love with as a child myself... I wonder if he will get the same buzz out of it that I did growing up.
Exactly the same thing happened to me last year mate. Took my son for his first match and whilst he had a good day, I bloody hated it. No passion, hardly any singing, players that I couldn't relate to. And massively overpriced.

So sad . . . . .
Customers welcomed to the match day experience :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Don't worry give it a few years and scum will go the same way

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I didn't bother watching it live yesterday, but flicked through the highlights. Bournemouth were like a non-league team, allowing us time and space to do what we want. There will always be enough of these results, to keep the AKB'S happy, but the reality check is coming, when Chelsea hammer us next weekend.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Any protests yesterday? If not why not, or do those who protest only do it after we get a beating?
If you want change you protest no matter the result.

Haven't seen any of the match but pleased to get a win.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:13 pm
Any protests yesterday? If not why not, or do those who protest only do it after we get a beating?

As far as I know protest (marches) have been pre game so how on earth can you say " only do it after we get a beating" when they are pre kick off

The best demonstrations happen spontaneously due to sheer anger and frustration in the crowd, no doubt there will be more to come as this Arsenal team is still as fragile as ever despite rolling over super quality Bournemouth

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Apparently Sanchez was getting abuse? I fucking despair :banghead:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:19 pm
Apparently Sanchez was getting abuse? I fucking despair :banghead:
How quickly they forget - scores goals in cup semi's and finals, about the only one worth paying money to watch ( ozils form days apart)
Who else can replace him ?
I guess they would rather have Iwobi playing or Ramsey on the wing again ?

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

A normally nailed on win against a very poor Bournemouth side,although all 3 goals were well taken.
As for Sanchez getting booed by about 50% of the crowd,fuck him,he deserves it the mercenary wantaway :censored:
The real test for this latest new dawn is next Sunday against the Chavs.
Let's see how our footballing snowflakes fair away to them.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:21 pm
Nos89 wrote:

As far as I know protest (marches) have been pre game so how on earth can you say " only do it after we get a beating" when they are pre kick off

The best demonstrations happen spontaneously due to sheer anger and frustration in the crowd, no doubt there will be more to come as this Arsenal team is still as fragile as ever despite rolling over super quality Bournemouth
Stuart believe me you are wasting your time with him, don't bother...he loves all things Arsenal, even Wenger...he's just too shit scared to come out and say it.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:53 pm
A normally nailed on win against a very poor Bournemouth side,although all 3 goals were well taken.
As for Sanchez getting booed by about 50% of the crowd,fuck him,he deserves it the mercenary wantaway :censored:
The real test for this latest new dawn is next Sunday against the Chavs.
Let's see how our footballing snowflakes fair away to them.
Mercenary wantaway... why do we hate players who want to get away from Wenger and win things??? Do we hate all the old school gooners who have fucked off because they hate Wenger??

Bewildering attitude our fans have. Decent players who have probably played under top managers spend one, maybe two years with Wenger and think Fuck this, I gotta get away from him...So we hate them??

I applaud them.

General

Post by General »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xi_Xx_DS8E&t=332s

Despite the win and as poor as Bournemouth were, the structural weaknesses were still evident like they have been for the past 10years. At times, Ramsey was playing like a second striker and was given free license to do as he pleases by daddy Wenger. With the ball at feet we're great but lose the ball and we are suddenly all at sea. As the chap in the video says we are awful in transition. From nowhere, Bournemouth hit the post and they could've easily scored two goals out of nothing. I can't remember the last time I saw a game where I felt confident the opposition would not score. People get blinded by the result and then complain when these very same issues undermine us when we come up against the better organised sides. Wonga's tactical ineptness knows no bounds and he is compromising all aspects of the team's organisation just to satisfy his ego. The rot starts from midfield and then spreads all over the place like a bad smell.

Also Kolasinac is not fully match fit. He was great but was gassed around 70mins and Bournemouth started skipping past him with ease.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Nos89 wrote:

You could always arrange a protest mate, you know - rather than criticising those of us that have actually done something positive to improve the shite situation at our club. And as Stuart points out - all of our protests have been before matches.

Exactly what does beating a dreadful Bournemouth team prove ??

Sean

Post by Sean »

There was to be a protest of sorts after the game yesterday; people were sounded out about going, but it was called off beforehand.