Bournemouth home thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Bournemouth home thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

herbert wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:59 pm
That's your opinion and that's fine. I don't agree fully though. We mods make a concerted effort to ensure everyone's opinion is aired and respected.

I think the question you should ask yourself is WHY is the forum so anti-Wenger? For the fun of it?

I think the problem with a lot of AKB's is that they tend to come on here and have a snipe at the locals after a win and then disappear when we are on a losing streak. They tend to come in without a coherent argument as to why they think Wenger is still the right man for the job and they tend to be not used to having their views challenged.

But then how can you defend being a supporter of a manager over the club itself? How can you defend a manager that has failed to win the PL for 13 years and keeps making the same mistakes over and over? The anti-Wenger fans or WOB or whatever have a very strong argument and only a truly deluded person could not see that or admit it.

People can be as negative or as positive or as balanced as they want on here once they are not personally abusive - that's the bit we try to keep out of the equation.

the first two paragraphs would have been a decent reply db but then you had to ruin it by spouting the same wob wankfest shit of accusing imaginary people of coming on here and sniping at the locals after a win,didnt happen and has not happened on here for a long time ,
you then accuse me of being a supporter of the manager over the club itself? ,even you a well balanced mod on here cant withdraw his cock from the wankfest long enough to give a reasonable answer and just revert back to the typical bullshit thats thrown at anyone who has different views?
Christ.... :| :wink:

Okay, firstly "throwing my cock into a wankfest"? :rubchin: Mate, I'm not a rugby fan. :lol:

Secondly, Herbert I don't have the time or the inclination to go tit for tat with you on this tbh. I don't know what you think is bullshit - my wanting Wenger gone or the fact that the few AKB's that still come on here do the rest of you a disservice by mostly posting insults, questioning people's loyalty, and generally just being obnoxious rather than offering a cogent argument to defend their stance on Wenger. If you have the time and the interest check out posts by the likes of Laughing Gooner, Steve_I and Kiwomya - just 3 that I can think of on the spot. Over the last 7 or 8 years there have been others, most don't last long. At least you try to argue your point and resist the bait that is (admittedly) often also fired by some of the WOB's on here.

Finally, I wasn't accusing you personally of being a supporter of the manager over the club. I was using the inclusive "you". The wording should probably have read "But then how can one defend being a supporter of a manager over the club itself?" Apologies for that.

Oh, and your quoting is proper shit. :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Smoothie is back

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

herbert wrote:
That's your opinion and that's fine. I don't agree fully though. We mods make a concerted effort to ensure everyone's opinion is aired and respected.

I think the question you should ask yourself is WHY is the forum so anti-Wenger? For the fun of it?

I think the problem with a lot of AKB's is that they tend to come on here and have a snipe at the locals after a win and then disappear when we are on a losing streak. They tend to come in without a coherent argument as to why they think Wenger is still the right man for the job and they tend to be not used to having their views challenged.

But then how can you defend being a supporter of a manager over the club itself? How can you defend a manager that has failed to win the PL for 13 years and keeps making the same mistakes over and over? The anti-Wenger fans or WOB or whatever have a very strong argument and only a truly deluded person could not see that or admit it.

People can be as negative or as positive or as balanced as they want on here once they are not personally abusive - that's the bit we try to keep out of the equation.

the first two paragraphs would have been a decent reply db but then you had to ruin it by spouting the same wob wankfest shit of accusing imaginary people of coming on here and sniping at the locals after a win,didnt happen and has not happened on here for a long time ,
you then accuse me of being a supporter of the manager over the club itself? ,even you a well balanced mod on here cant withdraw his cock from the wankfest long enough to give a reasonable answer and just revert back to the typical bullshit thats thrown at anyone who has different views?
I like you Herbert 8) :barscarf: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:39 am
herbert wrote:

A mere sniff of a wankfest and Lefty is on it! :lol: :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:48 am
herbert wrote:

A mere sniff of a wankfest and Lefty is on it! :lol: :wink:
You funny "little Herbert" you :wink: :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

herbert wrote:

I took offence when he called DB10 "a well balanced mod" :duh: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

NickF

Post by NickF »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:38 pm

Well I think when the crowd as at Palace away last season decided enough was enough and spontaneously chanted your not fit to wear the shirt and shout abuse as the players board the bus (all unplanned as far as I am aware) it has more impact than 500 turning up at a set time, with a preconceived plan.

More renditions of you don't know what you're doing to Wenker after more mind boggling management decisions would hit harder and deeper than 100 banners.......but that's just my opinion, on this inclusive forum, which welcomes opinions from idiots of all descriptions thankfully.
And what happened the next game at Boro? We get a sh*t win and there is absolute no anti chants to Wenger or the players. In fact Bellerin actually had his name sung because of the totally incorrect assumption the chants at Palace were to him as he was nearest the crowd.

Sadly I can't really see how we will get change when the crowd is willing to flip-flop so much.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:42 am
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:16 am
StuartL wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:21 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:13 pm
Any protests yesterday? If not why not, or do those who protest only do it after we get a beating?
If you want change you protest no matter the result.

Haven't seen any of the match but pleased to get a win.
As far as I know protest (marches) have been pre game so how on earth can you say " only do it after we get a beating" when they are pre kick off

The best demonstrations happen spontaneously due to sheer anger and frustration in the crowd, no doubt there will be more to come as this Arsenal team is still as fragile as ever despite rolling over super quality Bournemouth

Best demonstrations are planned, organised and happen at time when they will have maximum impact
. Truth is no one will protest after a win because we're all satisfied that our team won. Despite our frustration of the club regime. That's why it's pointless protesting at Arsenal. Take a look at Blackpool supporters and take notes.
Fucking love it...another armchair general....praying for the side to win, kinda wanting the manager out but somehow thinking the team being successful will help....... and giving advice on how to protest.
It's good advice... worked for Ghandi and Martin Luther King...but obviously you know better then they do.
Still can't believe you dig me out for loving all things Arsenal, on an Arsenal supporters forum.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:28 pm
xisstential wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Any protests yesterday? If not why not, or do those who protest only do it after we get a beating?

As far as I know protest (marches) have been pre game so how on earth can you say " only do it after we get a beating" when they are pre kick off

The best demonstrations happen spontaneously due to sheer anger and frustration in the crowd, no doubt there will be more to come as this Arsenal team is still as fragile as ever despite rolling over super quality Bournemouth

Best demonstrations are planned, organised and happen at time when they will have maximum impact
. Truth is no one will protest after a win because we're all satisfied that our team won. Despite our frustration of the club regime. That's why it's pointless protesting at Arsenal. Take a look at Blackpool supporters and take notes.
Fucking love it...another armchair general....praying for the side to win, kinda wanting the manager out but somehow thinking the team being successful will help....... and giving advice on how to protest.
It's good advice... worked for Ghandi and Martin Luther King...but obviously you know better then they do.
Still can't believe you dig me out for loving all things Arsenal, on an Arsenal supporters forum.
Cool,I didnt have Gandhi or MLK Jr down as WOB's!!!

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Nos89 wrote:
xisstential wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

Still can't believe you called me a Liverpool supporter last year :roll: :roll: :roll:

And for the record, both Ghandi and King were shot to death.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:25 pm
Nos89 wrote:
xisstential wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
StuartL wrote:

Still can't believe you called me a Liverpool supporter last year :roll: :roll: :roll:

I always wondered why wenger has banned our players from shooting.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:25 pm
Nos89 wrote:
xisstential wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
StuartL wrote:

:lol: No grudge there then! :lol:

herbert

Post by herbert »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:52 am
herbert wrote:

Christ.... :| :wink:

Okay, firstly "throwing my cock into a wankfest"? :rubchin: Mate, I'm not a rugby fan. :lol:

Secondly, Herbert I don't have the time or the inclination to go tit for tat with you on this tbh. I don't know what you think is bullshit - my wanting Wenger gone or the fact that the few AKB's that still come on here do the rest of you a disservice by mostly posting insults, questioning people's loyalty, and generally just being obnoxious rather than offering a cogent argument to defend their stance on Wenger. If you have the time and the interest check out posts by the likes of Laughing Gooner, Steve_I and Kiwomya - just 3 that I can think of on the spot. Over the last 7 or 8 years there have been others, most don't last long. At least you try to argue your point and resist the bait that is (admittedly) often also fired by some of the WOB's on here.

Finally, I wasn't accusing you personally of being a supporter of the manager over the club. I was using the inclusive "you". The wording should probably have read "But then how can one defend being a supporter of a manager over the club itself?" Apologies for that.

Oh, and your quoting is proper shit. :wink:
Sorry mate I was having a bad Day and the apology for the part that made me bite is accepted