tourist fans

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: tourist fans

Post by Herd »

I have done many times on here.
I actually think anyone who has renewed their season ticket in the past 2 or 3 seasons is a selfish bastard who is just as much to blame for this mess as anyone.

If you support the club you should be wanting to force change not continue to accept mediocrity.
Dear Gunner Rob you are a complete melt ! Selfish bastards indeed, please go fuck yourself ,twat !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:14 pm
I have done many times on here.
I actually think anyone who has renewed their season ticket in the past 2 or 3 seasons is a selfish bastard who is just as much to blame for this mess as anyone.

If you support the club you should be wanting to force change not continue to accept mediocrity.
Dear Gunner Rob you are a complete melt ! Selfish bastards indeed, please go fuck yourself ,twat !
Herd

Totally understandable response and I would have been surprised if I hadn't received it.

I do appreciate that a lot of season ticket holders are the best Arsenal supporters and I have always stopped short of outright criticism in the past.

However enough is enough!
Everything else has been attempted and failed and the only thing this corrupt regime will understand is if people stop supporting it! Over the summer Gazidis pleaded with everyone to get behind Wenger and the team and now Wenger is saying to everyone to get behind the team! But considering that the team is clearly not prepared for the season then why the hell should people get behind them!!! It is about time everyone just woke the fuck up.

silus

Post by silus »

Unless you can get everybody in the world not to go, then giving up season tickets is pointless. I've always maintained the best protests would be in the ground with thousands joining in. Unfortunately this won't happen either, as alot of WOBs just don't go now and have been replaced with the sort of "customer" the club want.
Hard to say what the solution is, but calling season ticket holders selfish is ridiculous.

hertsgunner

Post by hertsgunner »

Don't worry boys by the time Wenger has destroyed our club the tourists and jcls would have hotfooted it to watch the chavs and scum.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Why do these people attend a football match...seem to have no interest.....just sit there playing with their ipads or whatever....dont get it..

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:52 pm
Why do these people attend a football match...seem to have no interest.....just sit there playing with their ipads or whatever....dont get it..
There is a simple answer to that, for the 'Match Day Experience', it's not about the football but the whole day out. These are the same people who go to Starbucks for a frothy moccachino or to some fancy restaurant for a meal and take selfies of themselves eating and photos of what they have bought. It's about saying to their 100 twatter, freakbook or snapchat followers look at what i did, aint i cool and hip :banghead:

Unfortunately the whole modernisation of football into a social media industry has actually reduced the importance of the sport itself, look at the insane money involved from BT, Sky, and the other media outlets. Look at the massive advertising campaigns to get people involved its all about the money, the sport is secondary. Its not just football either, look at the way Rugby, Cricket, Tennis, Golf are being advertised and shown these days and look at the way Womans sporting is being promoted as well.

The days of football being for the working class man died with the advent of the premier league and it is only going to get worse, i can foresee a drop in Season tickets over the next ten years to facilitate more over seas or long distance supporters clubs being able to organise weekend experiences for their members, these are exactly the people football clubs and associations want to encourage these days, the one offs a season who not only will spend big to attend the match but will spend big at the match and then tell all their friends about it who will then do the same.

Bare in mind we are in one of the greatest multicultural metropolis' in the world, i genuinely think that when Chavski and the Spuds build their new stadiums they will eventually suffer the same fate as us. I'm willing to bet if Spammers weren't so piss poor they'd already be feeling it.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Ive heged my bets and rented them out. There still people who want to go every week but that wont be me Ive cut and run.

Nothing will oust Wengee except a fall in profits which is why we will be selling more players this mext 2 days.

Stan will love an even bigger cashpile !

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:27 pm
Redarmy wrote:
There is a simple answer to that, for the 'Match Day Experience', it's not about the football but the whole day out. These are the same people who go to Starbucks for a frothy moccachino or to some fancy restaurant for a meal and take selfies of themselves eating and photos of what they have bought. It's about saying to their 100 twatter, freakbook or snapchat followers look at what i did, aint i cool and hip :banghead:

Unfortunately the whole modernisation of football into a social media industry has actually reduced the importance of the sport itself, look at the insane money involved from BT, Sky, and the other media outlets. Look at the massive advertising campaigns to get people involved its all about the money, the sport is secondary. Its not just football either, look at the way Rugby, Cricket, Tennis, Golf are being advertised and shown these days and look at the way Womans sporting is being promoted as well.

The days of football being for the working class man died with the advent of the premier league and it is only going to get worse, i can foresee a drop in Season tickets over the next ten years to facilitate more over seas or long distance supporters clubs being able to organise weekend experiences for their members, these are exactly the people football clubs and associations want to encourage these days, the one offs a season who not only will spend big to attend the match but will spend big at the match and then tell all their friends about it who will then do the same.

Bare in mind we are in one of the greatest multicultural metropolis' in the world, i genuinely think that when Chavski and the Spuds build their new stadiums they will eventually suffer the same fate as us. I'm willing to bet if Spammers weren't so piss poor they'd already be feeling it.
Thats a good post...

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

Very well put and very true.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

To the Wenker/Gazidis/Kroenke Reich, tourist fans are the Holy Grail.
They regularly and willingly, empty their wallets into the coffers via tickets,the club shops,and online shopping.
They do not,and will not,accept any other view,other than that which advocates that Wenker is the one true God.
I am sure that when Halleys comet next swings round,if he told them to,they would cut off their balls and eat them,don a pair of Nike trainers and a purple cape,and drink a cocktail of Vodka and Barbiturates,on his assurance that aliens were going to transport them onto said comet and on to planet Wenker. :roll: :banghead:
The selfies should be interesting. :D

brucers

Post by brucers »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

As others have said.....a good post. I was having a similar conversation whilst (sort of) watching the Challenge Cup Final. A good example I use reagarding the sport being secondary is F1, they let their team mate over take them to 'win' the race.

GoonerOwl

Post by GoonerOwl »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

Good post and it isn't just an Arsenal or premier league thing. Been sat in a few different home ends over the past few years with friends who support other lower league clubs; atmosphere is never good unless its a local derby. The family orientated "match day experience" since the mid 90's is the major affect on home atmospheres.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

GoonerOwl wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:04 pm
Good post and it isn't just an Arsenal or premier league thing. Been sat in a few different home ends over the past few years with friends who support other lower league clubs; atmosphere is never good unless its a local derby. The family orientated "match day experience" since the mid 90's is the major affect on home atmospheres.
But our match day experience is to watch us play sideways for 90 mins, lose 4-0, not get a single shot on goal, whilst getting ripped off and sold overpriced crap food and drink?.

Hmm still wondering why I stopped going...

:twisted: :twisted:

GoonerOwl

Post by GoonerOwl »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:47 am
GoonerOwl wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:04 pm
But our match day experience is to watch us play sideways for 90 mins, lose 4-0, not get a single shot on goal, whilst getting ripped off and sold overpriced crap food and drink?.

Hmm still wondering why I stopped going...

:twisted: :twisted:
Sounds exactly like any other family focused day out :cry: :banghead: :x :censored:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

REB wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:58 am
yes we have all seen the half/half scarfs, the selfies and we love to blame the tourist fan for diluting the atmosphere etc but ask yourself this , how many season ticket holders do we have ?

40000 out 57000 are season ticket holders . how come no one blames them for the atmosphere, lack of protest etc etc.

^^^ This. I've made this very point two or three times on here, about this frequent refrain that the problem with our supine, moronic fanbase, is tourists and jcl's. In terms of attendance, the protest marches were bitterly disappointing. As few as a virtual handful before the West Ham game, so we didn't bother and probably no occasion where it topped 300.

That is not the fault of tourists or jcl's. I've made the point before that there are 40,000 season ticket holders and if only 10% showed up to demonstrate, that would be 4,000 people on a march....impossible for the Club to ignore.

Like it or not, there are bundles of old school, long term Gooners, men of middle age and up, who remember our proud, pre Wenger past, but won't demonstrate against the old fraud. Most of the stick we got on the marches and standing by the ad van, was from old guys. I suppose there might be a lot of 65 year old jcl's and tourists with East / North London accents 8) .