tourist fans

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
herbert

Re: tourist fans

Post by herbert »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:06 pm
herbert wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:48 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:07 pm
REB wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:58 am
yes we have all seen the half/half scarfs, the selfies and we love to blame the tourist fan for diluting the atmosphere etc but ask yourself this , how many season ticket holders do we have ?

40000 out 57000 are season ticket holders . how come no one blames them for the atmosphere, lack of protest etc etc.

^^^ This. I've made this very point two or three times on here, about this frequent refrain that the problem with our supine, moronic fanbase, is tourists and jcl's. In terms of attendance, the protest marches were bitterly disappointing. As few as a virtual handful before the West Ham game, so we didn't bother and probably no occasion where it topped 300.

That is not the fault of tourists or jcl's. I've made the point before that there are 40,000 season ticket holders and if only 10% showed up to demonstrate, that would be 4,000 people on a march....impossible for the Club to ignore.

Like it or not, there are bundles of old school, long term Gooners, men of middle age and up, who remember our proud, pre Wenger past, but won't demonstrate against the old fraud. Most of the stick we got on the marches and standing by the ad van, was from old guys. I suppose there might be a lot of 65 year old jcl's and tourists with East / North London accents 8) .
Dont duck with the over 65 gunners they remember our proud pre wenger years but maybe they also remember the 17 yrs without a trophy 53 to 70 and the 18 yrs wait for another league title after the euphoria of the 71 double and are more unlikely to join a protest when there club is still in with a chance of a trophy?

Hello Herbert. Luckily, I'm not drawing my pension yet, but can remember most of that. In my opinion, we are the people that should be most able to see how the Club we remember, is being destroyed and we should be the ones doing something about it. Regarding not wanting to protest while there's a trophy up for grabs, relax, because I strongly suspect those over 65's might well have a chance to join some protests come February/March of next year. We'll see if they do.
Hi Retro
a 5th or lower league position and out of the cups in feb/march then I to would strongly suspect those over 65s would join in with an off the cuff protest but I doubt they would get involved in crowdfunding,away banners,light shows and selfies from around the world

herbert

Post by herbert »

herbert wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:16 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
herbert wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
REB wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:58 am
yes we have all seen the half/half scarfs, the selfies and we love to blame the tourist fan for diluting the atmosphere etc but ask yourself this , how many season ticket holders do we have ?

40000 out 57000 are season ticket holders . how come no one blames them for the atmosphere, lack of protest etc etc.

^^^ This. I've made this very point two or three times on here, about this frequent refrain that the problem with our supine, moronic fanbase, is tourists and jcl's. In terms of attendance, the protest marches were bitterly disappointing. As few as a virtual handful before the West Ham game, so we didn't bother and probably no occasion where it topped 300.

That is not the fault of tourists or jcl's. I've made the point before that there are 40,000 season ticket holders and if only 10% showed up to demonstrate, that would be 4,000 people on a march....impossible for the Club to ignore.

Like it or not, there are bundles of old school, long term Gooners, men of middle age and up, who remember our proud, pre Wenger past, but won't demonstrate against the old fraud. Most of the stick we got on the marches and standing by the ad van, was from old guys. I suppose there might be a lot of 65 year old jcl's and tourists with East / North London accents 8) .
Dont duck with the over 65 gunners they remember our proud pre wenger years but maybe they also remember the 17 yrs without a trophy 53 to 70 and the 18 yrs wait for another league title after the euphoria of the 71 double and are more unlikely to join a protest when there club is still in with a chance of a trophy?

Hello Herbert. Luckily, I'm not drawing my pension yet, but can remember most of that. In my opinion, we are the people that should be most able to see how the Club we remember, is being destroyed and we should be the ones doing something about it. Regarding not wanting to protest while there's a trophy up for grabs, relax, because I strongly suspect those over 65's might well have a chance to join some protests come February/March of next year. We'll see if they do.
Hi Retro
a 5th or lower league position and out of the cups in feb/march then I to would strongly suspect those over 65s would join in with an off the cuff protest but I doubt they would get involved in crowdfunding,away banners,light shows and selfies from around the world
i forgot planes :banghead: :lol: :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

herbert wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:18 pm
herbert wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
herbert wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Hi Retro

If they just got involved in the protests, then that's good enough. Ideally, we need long and loud dissent INSIDE the ground. Until that happens, there's no chance of effecting change. If the old school were prepared to do that, we'd be on our way. Unfortunately, from the reactions we got from them last season, I'm not sure they'd get after Wenger if he took us into the Ryman's League !!!

Does that still exist ??!! :lol:

NickF

Post by NickF »

herbert wrote:

Not wishing to be flippant but if supporters genuinely belief there is a chance of the league trophy, then they need their heads examined. :banghead:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

NickF wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:01 pm
herbert wrote:

Not wishing to be flippant but if supporters genuinely belief there is a chance of the league trophy, then they need their heads examined. :banghead:

:lol: :lol: :lol: To be fair to Herbert, Nick, I think he was referring to the FA Cup that we were still involved in throughout last season's protests. Your post did make me laugh though and I've no doubt that there are a great many akb cretins that genuinely think we'll have a chance of the title this season. If it doesn't happen, well, I think we should give him a bit more time, he's earned the right you know. :lol: :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:26 pm
NickF wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:01 pm
herbert wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: To be fair to Herbert, Nick, I think he was referring to the FA Cup that we were still involved in throughout last season's protests. Your post did make me laugh though and I've no doubt that there are a great many akb cretins that genuinely think we'll have a chance of the title this season. If it doesn't happen, well, I think we should give him a bit more time, he's earned the right you know. :lol: :lol:
Well at time of posting (9.12) we are only 6 points behind the league leaders, which historically for the last many seasons is closer than we end up at the end of the season....so we are currently challenging n'est pas ?

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Haha just got an email from Arsenal trying to flog tickets for the WBA game, despite me telling them in no uncertain terms, to get lost last time they emailed me about tickets.

Struggling to fill the corporate bowl.. :twisted:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:59 pm
herbert wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:18 pm
herbert wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
herbert wrote:

Hi Retro

If they just got involved in the protests, then that's good enough. Ideally, we need long and loud dissent INSIDE the ground. Until that happens, there's no chance of effecting change. If the old school were prepared to do that, we'd be on our way. Unfortunately, from the reactions we got from them last season, I'm not sure they'd get after Wenger if he took us into the Ryman's League !!!

Does that still exist ??!! :lol:
No I think its the Beazer Homes Southern now?