tourist fans

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: tourist fans

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I think a lot of it is fear of change, anyone over the age of 41 :wink: is scared to change their pants in case they have an accident... it's all the older generations fault if you ask me :barscarf:

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:24 pm
I think a lot of it is fear of change, anyone over the age of 41 :wink: is scared to change their pants in case they have an accident... it's all the older generations fault if you ask me :barscarf:
Yes I know It was our fault we're coming out of Europe :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:54 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:
That's nothing to joke about you :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:07 am
Brightonnxtround wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
:lol: :lol:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:21 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Brightonnxtround wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
When you think about it, it's simply the most monumentally stupid decision ever, apart from wengers new contract obviously!

NickF

Post by NickF »

greengooner wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:28 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Brightonnxtround wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
When you think about it, it's simply the most monumentally stupid decision ever, apart from wengers new contract obviously!
Back to fear of change....

:offtopic:

Anyway lets get this back on topic (before Nut Flash sees a Brexit post), blaming tourists for a lack of atmosphere is too simplistic, it is up to everyone to help create noise, but like the protests, most can't be bothered.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

NickF wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:13 am
greengooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Brightonnxtround wrote:

Anyway lets get this back on topic (before Nut Flash sees a Brexit post), blaming tourists for a lack of atmosphere is too simplistic, it is up to everyone to help create noise, but like the protests, most can't be bothered.
Never used to be like that...

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

NickF wrote:
greengooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Brightonnxtround wrote:

Brexit will sort the tourist problem, you'll have far less of them, who could be arsed queuing at passport control in Heathrow, I think I'll start going to matches in Spain or Germany, damn sight cheaper than at the Legobowl

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

greengooner wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:56 pm
NickF wrote:
greengooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Brexit will sort the tourist problem, you'll have far less of them, who could be arsed queuing at passport control in Heathrow, I think I'll start going to matches in Spain or Germany, damn sight cheaper than at the Legobowl
won't you have the same queues though trying to get back into the country? one we leave the EU it won't be so easy to get to and from these countries.
and there will continue to be tourist fans (in fact probably more of them) as the pound is now so weak compared to the strength of the euro.

going abroad will be the preserve of the rich within a few years.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:17 pm
greengooner wrote:
NickF wrote:
greengooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

won't you have the same queues though trying to get back into the country? one we leave the EU it won't be so easy to get to and from these countries.
and there will continue to be tourist fans (in fact probably more of them) as the pound is now so weak compared to the strength of the euro.

You have to go through passport control now.

Herd

Post by Herd »

So let me get this right Tourist fans are responsible for Wenger keeping his job and wenger is therefore for Brexit .
And Brexit is bad for atmosphere at the coporates stadium .
Glad we sorted that out.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

NickF wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:29 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
greengooner wrote:
NickF wrote:
greengooner wrote:

yes I know everyone has to go through passport control now.
the point is that when we are out of the EU the passport control people wont wave us through quite as quickly as now

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:42 pm
NickF wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:29 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
greengooner wrote:
NickF wrote:

yes I know everyone has to go through passport control now.
the point is that when we are out of the EU the passport control people wont wave us through quite as quickly as now

Think you'll find that Geeen Gooner is from the Irish Republic. He'll still be in the EU so should move around with greater ease than us. I suspect that the 27 states will each have a passport queue devoted solely to UK citizens, manned by one bloke with learning difficulties (if by anyone at all) and a single electronic scanning barrier, that will be only 10% as efficient as the crap ones they already have. I expect the average wait to get through passport control will be roughly 3 1/2 hours and when we eventually get through, everyone's luggage will have inexplicably been lost.

herbert

Post by herbert »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:07 pm
REB wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:58 am
yes we have all seen the half/half scarfs, the selfies and we love to blame the tourist fan for diluting the atmosphere etc but ask yourself this , how many season ticket holders do we have ?

40000 out 57000 are season ticket holders . how come no one blames them for the atmosphere, lack of protest etc etc.

^^^ This. I've made this very point two or three times on here, about this frequent refrain that the problem with our supine, moronic fanbase, is tourists and jcl's. In terms of attendance, the protest marches were bitterly disappointing. As few as a virtual handful before the West Ham game, so we didn't bother and probably no occasion where it topped 300.

That is not the fault of tourists or jcl's. I've made the point before that there are 40,000 season ticket holders and if only 10% showed up to demonstrate, that would be 4,000 people on a march....impossible for the Club to ignore.

Like it or not, there are bundles of old school, long term Gooners, men of middle age and up, who remember our proud, pre Wenger past, but won't demonstrate against the old fraud. Most of the stick we got on the marches and standing by the ad van, was from old guys. I suppose there might be a lot of 65 year old jcl's and tourists with East / North London accents 8) .
Dont duck with the over 65 gunners they remember our proud pre wenger years but maybe they also remember the 17 yrs without a trophy 53 to 70 and the 18 yrs wait for another league title after the euphoria of the 71 double and are more unlikely to join a protest when there club is still in with a chance of a trophy?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

herbert wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:48 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:07 pm
REB wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:58 am
yes we have all seen the half/half scarfs, the selfies and we love to blame the tourist fan for diluting the atmosphere etc but ask yourself this , how many season ticket holders do we have ?

40000 out 57000 are season ticket holders . how come no one blames them for the atmosphere, lack of protest etc etc.

^^^ This. I've made this very point two or three times on here, about this frequent refrain that the problem with our supine, moronic fanbase, is tourists and jcl's. In terms of attendance, the protest marches were bitterly disappointing. As few as a virtual handful before the West Ham game, so we didn't bother and probably no occasion where it topped 300.

That is not the fault of tourists or jcl's. I've made the point before that there are 40,000 season ticket holders and if only 10% showed up to demonstrate, that would be 4,000 people on a march....impossible for the Club to ignore.

Like it or not, there are bundles of old school, long term Gooners, men of middle age and up, who remember our proud, pre Wenger past, but won't demonstrate against the old fraud. Most of the stick we got on the marches and standing by the ad van, was from old guys. I suppose there might be a lot of 65 year old jcl's and tourists with East / North London accents 8) .
Dont duck with the over 65 gunners they remember our proud pre wenger years but maybe they also remember the 17 yrs without a trophy 53 to 70 and the 18 yrs wait for another league title after the euphoria of the 71 double and are more unlikely to join a protest when there club is still in with a chance of a trophy?

Hello Herbert. Luckily, I'm not drawing my pension yet, but can remember most of that. In my opinion, we are the people that should be most able to see how the Club we remember, is being destroyed and we should be the ones doing something about it. Regarding not wanting to protest while there's a trophy up for grabs, relax, because I strongly suspect those over 65's might well have a chance to join some protests come February/March of next year. We'll see if they do.