CROWDFUNDING - WENGER GONE, NOW REMOVE KROENKE

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: CROWDFUNDING - REMOVE WENGER & KROENKE

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:10 am
augie wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:06 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:41 am
augie wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 am
DB10, do you think that (for example) ancellotti or diego simeone would do better with the squad we had last season ? Do you think that either would oversee back to back 5-1 maulings against Bayern ? Do you think that either would accept gutless performances that we seen at palace and the baggies last season ? Do you accept that giving his manager £100m to spend in summer of 2016 can be classed as kroenke supporting/backing his manager, and do you feel that the manager spent that money well ?

Kroenke is no good for our club. In the long term he will be a serious hinderance to our hopes of competing with the worlds best clubs. However he has backed a manager and given the c.unt plenty (too much) money in a bid to win the big trophies, so it is down to the total mismanagement and ineptitude of a senile c.unt manager that we are in the alarming mess we found ourselves in - yes he should fire the *word censored*, but the reality is that a top manager would do massively better with the resources available to him, and if so we wouldn't even be talking about kroenke's us franchises/new stadiums etc :roll:
Again, augie, with all due respect mate, I think you are slightly missing the elephant in the room. Obviously those managers would do better - ffs I would do better!! But why would Kroenke appoint Simeone or Ancellotti (he would not be my choice but anyway) or say Allegri? They are ambitious football men, not pretend economists. It's too simplistic to say Kroenke gave Wenger X amount to spend and that Wenger fucked it up by not spending it well. Kroenke released whatever he released money-wise of Arsenal money. And I'd bet my last cent he and Wenger had agreed that Wenger was never going to spend that amount. Look at our actual dealings;

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/arsenal ... /verein/11

According to that (yes, it's probably not acurate to the cent but it looks roughly right to me) we made a profit of possibly £14million.

Releasing Arsenal money to the Arsenal manager is not enough for an owner or chairman to do. It's the bare minimum. The owner, Kroenke, sets the tone. At Arsenal under Kroenke it is money first, football second. Wenger is his ideal manager - as proven by the ludicrous contract extension. Wenger will never spend £100million on players. Kroenke would simply look to appoint another "economist" as manager should Wenger leave. And I'd also bet my last cent that Wenger would have a big say in that appointment.

My point re the £100m transfer kitty wasn't that it came from kroenke's own pocket, but rather that le cock had the money and totally wasted it. We (the fans) have been consistant in our beliefs that the club should be generating enough money themselves to compete, so whether it came from kroenke's pocket or whether it came from players sales is irrelevant in the context of him pissing the money down the drain.

I'm not missing the elephant in the room at all - way, way back, I was one of the very few fans who was against selling out to kroenke, and I said it many times that I would have been more pro-usmanov. In an ideal scenario both of these *word censored*.s will fuck off at the end of this season (sooner would be better btw), but in the meantime I am totally convinced that getting rid of wenker would see a dramatic improvement on the playing side of the club regardless of who the owner is - whether our ***** owner (or the board) would have enough knowledge or acumen to appoint a suitable manager is an argument for another day, but I honestly believe that kroenke (for all his faults) is deferring to an outdated arrogant c.unt who is the one dictating how our club is being run
To quote everyone's man of the year, Loooook... :lol: We'll have to agree to disagree as this just goes round in circles.
Well now that that's all been Squared away... :D :wink: :oops:

Both Wiggy and Wenger are the Problem, however if Wenger left (Yeah riiiiiiight! :wink: :roll: ) then wiggy would need to get another Profit Before Trophies manager - ie: another wannabe accountant. And I'm sure there are plenty out there who can do it...If Wiggy sold up and the new owner also thought wenger was their first choice manager - because of his ability to make plenty of profit (at the cost of success on the pitch) then 'Problem Wenger' would remain, however if wiggy goes - then wenger would be left stripped of his protection, and be skinned alive and left to the mercy of the salt throwing fans....

if you see what I mean? :?

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10, do you think that (for example) ancellotti or diego simeone would do better with the squad we had last season ? Do you think that either would oversee back to back 5-1 maulings against Bayern ? Do you think that either would accept gutless performances that we seen at palace and the baggies last season ? Do you accept that giving his manager £100m to spend in summer of 2016 can be classed as kroenke supporting/backing his manager, and do you feel that the manager spent that money well ?

Kroenke is no good for our club. In the long term he will be a serious hinderance to our hopes of competing with the worlds best clubs. However he has backed a manager and given the c.unt plenty (too much) money in a bid to win the big trophies, so it is down to the total mismanagement and ineptitude of a senile c.unt manager that we are in the alarming mess we found ourselves in - yes he should fire the *word censored*, but the reality is that a top manager would do massively better with the resources available to him, and if so we wouldn't even be talking about kroenke's us franchises/new stadiums etc :roll:
Again, augie, with all due respect mate, I think you are slightly missing the elephant in the room. Obviously those managers would do better - ffs I would do better!! But why would Kroenke appoint Simeone or Ancellotti (he would not be my choice but anyway) or say Allegri? They are ambitious football men, not pretend economists. It's too simplistic to say Kroenke gave Wenger X amount to spend and that Wenger fucked it up by not spending it well. Kroenke released whatever he released money-wise of Arsenal money. And I'd bet my last cent he and Wenger had agreed that Wenger was never going to spend that amount. Look at our actual dealings;

According to that (yes, it's probably not acurate to the cent but it looks roughly right to me) we made a profit of possibly £14million.

Releasing Arsenal money to the Arsenal manager is not enough for an owner or chairman to do. It's the bare minimum. The owner, Kroenke, sets the tone. At Arsenal under Kroenke it is money first, football second. Wenger is his ideal manager - as proven by the ludicrous contract extension. Wenger will never spend £100million on players. Kroenke would simply look to appoint another "economist" as manager should Wenger leave. And I'd also bet my last cent that Wenger would have a big say in that appointment.

My point re the £100m transfer kitty wasn't that it came from kroenke's own pocket, but rather that le cock had the money and totally wasted it. We (the fans) have been consistant in our beliefs that the club should be generating enough money themselves to compete, so whether it came from kroenke's pocket or whether it came from players sales is irrelevant in the context of him pissing the money down the drain.

I'm not missing the elephant in the room at all - way, way back, I was one of the very few fans who was against selling out to kroenke, and I said it many times that I would have been more pro-usmanov. In an ideal scenario both of these *word censored*.s will fuck off at the end of this season (sooner would be better btw), but in the meantime I am totally convinced that getting rid of wenker would see a dramatic improvement on the playing side of the club regardless of who the owner is - whether our ***** owner (or the board) would have enough knowledge or acumen to appoint a suitable manager is an argument for another day, but I honestly believe that kroenke (for all his faults) is deferring to an outdated arrogant c.unt who is the one dictating how our club is being run
I'm leaning that way as well. Wenger was already there when Kroenke took over, Kroenke knows FA about "soccer".....neither does Wenger either really, but he knows slightly more, so Kroenke allows Wenger to do practically whatever he wants. I bet they do discuss money and it is my personal belief that Wenger has more available to him than he spends. I think he tells Kroenke he can compete with the squad he's assembled, we have enough, this will be fine....then goes out with a vague hope that, like Leicester, he will pull off a miracle. And if he doesn't, so what?? Kroenke doesn't care, the media secretly know we're a laughing stock, the players don't care and neither do the fans.

I also firmly believe Wenger is afraid to go out and spend 150m on 3 world class players because he knows he will still fail. And if we get 6th spending practically FA, then get 5th after spending 150m, Kroenke will not be happy. What is the point of that??

I also think that a decent manager would have won the title at least 3 or 4 times with the players and money Wenger has had at his disposal. As much as I think Kroenke is a MASSIVE problem and sets the standards I still don't think he has held Wenger back from winning the title. Wenger doesn't win the title because he can't, he is not good enough.

No manager worth his salt is going to come to us if he knows Wenger is going to be hovering over him so I think we'll be looking at somebody like Eddie Howe (wildly overrated btw) with Wenger as his "mentor" Things go well Wenger will be there in Eddie's background with that wolfish grin, if they go badly, you won't see him.

Kroenke, I believe, will keep Wenger on, he is his man at the club, the one he trusts implicitly and his go to guy.

The more I type the more I think if we cannot get Kroenke out, we will never get rid of Wenger.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

One of the lads has just sent a message that the L.A.Rams are at Twickers on 22nd Oct.....4 days before AGM....

Surely Kroenke be there for both???

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:30 am
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

I'm leaning that way as well. Wenger was already there when Kroenke took over, Kroenke knows FA about "soccer".....neither does Wenger either really, but he knows slightly more, so Kroenke allows Wenger to do practically whatever he wants. I bet they do discuss money and it is my personal belief that Wenger has more available to him than he spends. I think he tells Kroenke he can compete with the squad he's assembled, we have enough, this will be fine....then goes out with a vague hope that, like Leicester, he will pull off a miracle. And if he doesn't, so what?? Kroenke doesn't care, the media secretly know we're a laughing stock, the players don't care and neither do the fans.

I also firmly believe Wenger is afraid to go out and spend 150m on 3 world class players because he knows he will still fail. And if we get 6th spending practically FA, then get 5th after spending 150m, Kroenke will not be happy. What is the point of that??

I also think that a decent manager would have won the title at least 3 or 4 times with the players and money Wenger has had at his disposal. As much as I think Kroenke is a MASSIVE problem and sets the standards I still don't think he has held Wenger back from winning the title. Wenger doesn't win the title because he can't, he is not good enough.

No manager worth his salt is going to come to us if he knows Wenger is going to be hovering over him so I think we'll be looking at somebody like Eddie Howe (wildly overrated btw) with Wenger as his "mentor" Things go well Wenger will be there in Eddie's background with that wolfish grin, if they go badly, you won't see him.

Kroenke, I believe, will keep Wenger on, he is his man at the club, the one he trusts implicitly and his go to guy.

The more I type the more I think if we cannot get Kroenke out, we will never get rid of Wenger.
I'm so reluctant to get dragged back into this.... :lol: :wink:

Mate, all due respect, (and I could be wrong here) but I think you've totally missed my point. I've never said Kroenke has held Wenger back from winning the title. He hasn't. The ONLY thing that Kroenke has to do is DEMAND that Wenger wins the title and then sack him when Wenger fails, and THAT is what Kroenke has not done, and never will do, because it suits his business before football mindset to keep Wenger on. That is where Kroenke has failed and where he is killing our club as a football club owner - he has not ruthlessly chased footballing success. He has prioritied business over football and kept Wenger in the job rather than risk possible financial loss with a new manager and a tilt at the PL or CL.

Also, in my opinion, it has nothing to do with when Kroenke arrived but everything to do with the fact he is here now, he is the owner, the boss, and he has extended Wenger's contract, when a true football man as owner would say "you've not won the PL in 13 years and never won the CL, time for change, you are sacked".

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:43 am
One of the lads has just sent a message that the L.A.Rams are at Twickers on 22nd Oct.....4 days before AGM....

Surely Kroenke be there for both???
I'd say so......

:rubchin:

:hmmthink:

:wink:

NickF

Post by NickF »

This is getting almost as tedious as the Brexit thread (almost)!

How many time do we have to keep doing the Wenger/Kroenke who is to blame argument?
Can't we just make them equally culpable and move on...

:suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

NickF wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:58 am

How many time do we have to keep doing the Wenger/Kroenke who is to blame argument?

I'm not disagreeing with anybody....I said as long as Kroenke is at the club he will keep Wenger there.... in whatever capacity. So let's target Wenger, people will not accept us letting him off the hook, but let us go full bore for Kroenke as well.

Twickenham might be a good place to start, who is going to expect that??

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... geles-rams

You guys think Wenger's a prick...Wanna know where Kroenke is taking AFC...read this.... Even saying relegation for us is not beyond Kroenke's abilities.

General

Post by General »

Trying to kill two birds with one stone. This Kroenke distraction is eventually going to derail the Wenger out campaign. Going after Wenger does not mean we are absolving Kroenke of blame.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:12 pm
NickF wrote:

I'm not disagreeing with anybody....I said as long as Kroenke is at the club he will keep Wenger there.... in whatever capacity. So let's target Wenger, people will not accept us letting him off the hook, but let us go full bore for Kroenke as well.

Twickenham might be a good place to start, who is going to expect that??
They might now it's been mentioned on here. :?

General

Post by General »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:12 pm
NickF wrote:

We've got Wenger on the ropes and need to go at him with renewed vigour when the opportunity inevitably presents itself. Please don't throw away all the good work and yield to the temptation of focusing on Kroenke as well. The expectation that by targeting Kroenke too, the protest will somehow gain momentum and thousands of people will turn up for the marches is nothing but an illusion. Only the hardcore fans who feel strongly about the situation will turn up and this will always be a couple of hundreds at best. The lack of focus on Kroenke won't feature very highly on the list of reasons why people won't join the protest. I

If the AKBs and other savage animals that inhabit the soulless bowl want to focus on wiggy let them go ahead. Where did last season's relatively loud Kroenke chants inside the stadium get them? It gave the fraud some respite and he bravely went on TV to say Kroenke was not the reason we didn't qualify for the CL? We had just finished 18points behind the champions and the skeletal creature thinks the crowd are chanting against Kroenke because we didn't qualify for CL. Mindboggling and this can only be peddled by a self serving madman with no sense of perspective.

http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/sport ... -1-5027853

Don't do a Treesa May and lose your majority and the media from an impossible position. The message is clear and concise - Wenger the fuck out. The media have fully subscribed to it and the exposure has been great. This is not the time to change course, as tempting as this might be.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Going to back track a little, i wasn't having a pop at you, i personally think the variety of options you've used has been fantastic but the point of my post was exactly that you guys shouldn't have to be forking out from your own pockets BUT if you want to encourage others then you have to find a way to be open about what is happening without showing your cards to the opposition.

We are a small enclosed community on here and quite a few of the regulars know each other in one form or another some personally and therefore know the lengths and expenditure you have gone to so far so trusting that the money will be well spent is relatively simple.

The point is though that to encourage more financial input you are asking people who don't know you and are not regular posters or may never have even have been on here before to invest in what at times last season seemed to be a personal crusade of self promotion, we know it wasn't and we know that in some cases there was an attempt to hijack the protests and demonstrations by others with a self promoting agenda but those on the outside looking in have no way of knowing that, in fact General's first of two twitter posts a couple of pages back makes that exact point.

What i was proposing is an inundation of ideas, hiding in plain sight as such, if you list 20 possible ideas any of which might happen at any time it will cost those trying to oppose you a lot of money to counter every idea especially if they don't know which one is going to happen or when but what it does do is give those who might want to donate confidence in what you are aiming to achieve, an idea of what sort of thing they are donating for, lets be honest not everyone coming on here for the first time is going to even look back at the protest thread from last year or even realise it exists.

This not a war, you can't win a war like this it has to be a revolution and revolutions have to gain momentum and popularity, hence why the suggestion to contact the supporters groups in a serious manner and put our arguments across without sounding like raving anti-Wenger fanatics, this is a slow burn and at the moment he feels safe, there has to be a build up of opposition to the regime and whilst he is getting lucky it is very difficult for a very small group like yourselves to make yourselves heard and spread your word especially when so many influential fans flip-flop on a per result basis. :rubchin:

General

Post by General »

augie wrote:
but I honestly believe that kroenke (for all his faults) is deferring to an outdated arrogant c.unt who is the one dictating how our club is being run
Well put. The evidence clearly supports this view and I'm not sure how anyone can deny this. Kroenke won't bite the hand that feeds him and that hand is Wonga's. It was widely reported after Dein left that the board were pretty much deferring to Wonga on all footballing matters and gave him free reign. Kroenke is just perpetuating this. Wonga probably had more control under the old regime because they needed him to protect the value of their shares following the stadium move. Worth mentioning that this is is the first time Wonga has signed a reduced term contract. From memory it's always been a 3year term.

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:11 pm
xisstential wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:08 pm
The enormity of the task is inside the ground, whether it be Wenger or Kroenke.. What I would be willing to do is get in with about 20 of us on one of those crappy Thursday nights, all with banners and kick up a helluva row for the entire match. We would somehow have to be together or at least in close proximity. 20 guys scattered around the stadium will be meaningless. I thought a Europa night because it might be easier to all get seats close to each other and from there we can ignite the crowd...Hopefully??? Outside the ground is hopeless, it doesn't get on TV...... beamed across the world is what I mean.
Any protest inside the bowl wouldn't last more than a minute.
"They" own the property,so would have it shut down post haste.
There would also be the AKB/Hipster?Tourists to contend with,and the stewards would side with them

Rugby you're right. It's a waste of time protesting inside the ground at the moment at least. Let's commence with Demo's, fly by's, etc. in the 1st instance.

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:05 pm
Going to back track a little, i wasn't having a pop at you, i personally think the variety of options you've used has been fantastic but the point of my post was exactly that you guys shouldn't have to be forking out from your own pockets BUT if you want to encourage others then you have to find a way to be open about what is happening without showing your cards to the opposition.

We are a small enclosed community on here and quite a few of the regulars know each other in one form or another some personally and therefore know the lengths and expenditure you have gone to so far so trusting that the money will be well spent is relatively simple.

The point is though that to encourage more financial input you are asking people who don't know you and are not regular posters or may never have even have been on here before to invest in what at times last season seemed to be a personal crusade of self promotion, we know it wasn't and we know that in some cases there was an attempt to hijack the protests and demonstrations by others with a self promoting agenda but those on the outside looking in have no way of knowing that, in fact General's first of two twitter posts a couple of pages back makes that exact point.

What i was proposing is an inundation of ideas, hiding in plain sight as such, if you list 20 possible ideas any of which might happen at any time it will cost those trying to oppose you a lot of money to counter every idea especially if they don't know which one is going to happen or when but what it does do is give those who might want to donate confidence in what you are aiming to achieve, an idea of what sort of thing they are donating for, lets be honest not everyone coming on here for the first time is going to even look back at the protest thread from last year or even realise it exists.

This not a war, you can't win a war like this it has to be a revolution and revolutions have to gain momentum and popularity, hence why the suggestion to contact the supporters groups in a serious manner and put our arguments across without sounding like raving anti-Wenger fanatics, this is a slow burn and at the moment he feels safe, there has to be a build up of opposition to the regime and whilst he is getting lucky it is very difficult for a very small group like yourselves to make yourselves heard and spread your word especially when so many influential fans flip-flop on a per result basis. :rubchin:

Muzz, great post & really well thought out. I agree as a lifelong Gooner this is a slow burner. I am more the happy to assist in funding but we have to be careful on how we go about it.