CROWDFUNDING - WENGER GONE, NOW REMOVE KROENKE

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: CROWDFUNDING - REMOVE WENGER & KROENKE

Post by OneBardGooner »

So the protest IS before the Everton game? - Just wanna make sure if I'm booking train tickets etc. :| :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Whilst I think it would be better to protest towards the end of the season, the game after the January transfer window isn't a bad shout. I will be there and have put the link on my facebook page for mates to join me.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:47 am
Whilst I think it would be better to protest towards the end of the season, the game after the January transfer window isn't a bad shout. I will be there and have put the link on my facebook page for mates to join me.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good One! :lol: :lol: :lol:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/arsene-wen ... -is-capped

-------------------

Here we go again...

“I would rather encourage a club to push more on the quality of our youth work, which we are doing, than go into a way where it’s only about millions and not so much about values.”

Our youth system has been pretty useless on the whole and our values?, are those values to have 2 of the richest men in the world owning the club yet still fleecing the fans and claiming we are paupers.

:roll:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Don't really have a problem with trying to get players through the youth setup however historically Wenger has had more faith in the players ability than is actually warranted.

Unfortunately at the level we are supposed to be aiming for, the scope for bringing through youth isn't great. Loans to decent clubs for experience is the best we can hope for.

When I say decent clubs I mean that loaning someone to the Greek second division (for example) isn't going to make them ready for the premier league.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

For those in a work environment who may not be able to open the link:

==========================================================================================

Dear Arsenal Fan,

Peaceful fan protest – Saturday 3rd February 2018

We would like you to join us in a peaceful protest before our home game against Everton in the Premier League.

Date: Saturday 3rd February 2018
Time: 16:00 onwards (Kick off is at 17:30)
Meeting point: Outside the old Marble Halls, Avenell Road, N5 1DP

Our objective is for Arsenal fans to come together and march from Highbury to the new stadium, to express our deep dissatisfaction at the steady and worrying decline that we are witnessing from our great Club. We have gone from being a club that competed for the biggest trophies, to an inconsistent club that embarrasses itself, both on and off the pitch, on a regular basis.

Last season saw us win the FA Cup but suffer utter humiliation at the hands of Bayern Munich. Last season also saw us finish a distant 5th in the Premier League, 18 points behind the champions. Our record against the Top 4 was P8 W1 D2 L5, that’s 5 points from a possible 24.

This season has seen us dumped out of the FA Cup by managerless Nottm Forest, look far from convincing in the Europa League and, perhaps most worryingly, sit in 6th place 23 points behind the league leaders. And - once again this season, we have witnessed numerous defensive horror shows, as the first four photographs on the right prove.

Unsurprisingly, all of those led to a goal. At times, our defending (throughout the entire team) would shame a Sunday morning pub team. What does Wenger work on in training? We have gone from having the best back four in living memory, to having no back four at all. And these total aberrations are nothing new. They have littered our play for years, cost us numerous matches and they demonstrate a club that totally lacks leadership and discipline. No other top team behaves in this way. The only direction we are heading is backwards

It is truly horrible to watch the current Arsenal squad. We have declined to the point where no other team fears playing us. In April 2017, Sam Allardyce (then at Crystal Palace) stated “Arsenal are weak defensively – they leave the centre backs exposed”. He stated that, in a BBC interview after we had lost 3-0 to Palace, so our all too obvious failings have been public knowledge for a long time. But, we have seen only decline, as the bottom two photographs demonstrate.

All of these pictures confirm exactly what Allardyce said. Defensively, Arsenal are a total shambles.

Our woes continue off the pitch. Our three best players are all in the last year of their contracts and not one of them has committed their future to Arsenal so, once again, confusion reigns. Our best player, Alexis Sanchez seems determined to leave, thereby joining a list that contains Thierry Henry, Cesc Fabregas, Robin van Persie and others. All of those top class players have decided that they are not going to fulfil their ambitions at Arsenal, under Arsene Wenger’s mismanagement.

When asked about Sanchez, Wenger stated “I don’t master the rhythm of it, but it could happen today, tomorrow or not at all. He (Sanchez) is being vague at the moment. Even I don’t know which way it will go”

Those are not the words of a manager in full control, or even partial control. Those are the words of somebody that knows his house of cards is tumbling down all around him. He should have left years ago. The whole point of our protests last season, was to ensure that we didn’t continue declining into this awful mess.

Moving to the boardroom, we see more disarray. At the recent Annual General Meeting, we witnessed yet another shambles. Ivan Gazidis claimed laughably that “objective metrics” show that Arsenal are outperforming our rivals. The league table shows otherwise, but fair play to Ivan for having such bare faced cheek.

Gazidis tried also to claim that any supporter unrest was being driven by the media, through inaccurate reporting and driving agendas. Ivan – you are 100% incorrect! Please credit supporters with at least a modicum of mental agility. We have based our discontent on what we witness on the pitch.

Also at the AGM, Gazidis acted as straight man to the comedy turn that was Sir Chips Keswick. I thought it would be impossible to find a character more arrogant, more out of touch, more obnoxious than previous Chairman Peter Hill-Wood but Keswick proved me wrong. What a performer!

Arsenal Football Club used to exude class from every pore. Now it resembles a once elegant ocean going liner, quietly rusting in a breaker’s yard. The Captain and Officers still stride the deck, oblivious to their inadequacies, but the halcyon days – the days when everybody admired and respected her beauty – are long gone. A complete overhaul is needed and, unless that overhaul happens immediately, those halcyon days may never be rediscovered.

Whether you believe that the root cause of our problems lies with Wenger, with Kroenke, with the Board of Directors or even the players, please join us and make your feelings known.

Football fans (especially Arsenal fans) pay an exorbitant sum to watch their team these days. There has been far too much passive acceptance at Arsenal; far too much defeatism. We have a very powerful tool at our disposal – if only we would use it. We need to make our feelings known so please come and join us on 3rd February 2018 and make your voice heard.

#wengerout #kroenkeout #gazidisout #timeforchange

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

http://readarsenal.com/2018/01/23/stan- ... e-arsenal/

------------------------

As if things couldn't get any more depressing. :censored:

Ironic that just after we sell our best player this parasite 'infects' itself deeper into the club.

Just unsubscribed myself from all things Arsenal.com (ticket news etc.) made me feel a little better. :twisted:

NickF

Post by NickF »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:46 pm

------------------------

Ironic that just after we sell our best player this parasite 'infects' itself deeper into the club.

Just unsubscribed myself from all things Arsenal.com (ticket news etc.) made me feel a little better. :twisted:
The thing that gets me is that even knowing that Kroenke is parasite, people are still willing to sell to him.

General

Post by General »

NickF wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:55 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:46 pm

------------------------

The thing that gets me is that even knowing that Kroenke is parasite, people are still willing to sell to him.
Those people are probably investors and not Arsenal fans.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:27 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:29 am
can we get a 'We told you so' banner made when things finally do go tits up?
What do you mean,"When?"
Things went tits up about 10 years ago! :banghead:

Being an Arsenal supporter is so shit at the moment I am clinging on to the Bin Dippers beating Citeh so we retain the Invincible status of a glorious footballing machine of 15 years ago. :twisted: :banghead:
Yes, I'm in the same boat as you.

What I meant is when we finally have the majority of the support on the WOB side which hopefully will be now when we end another year outside the VT

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Kroenkes only commitment to Arsenal is to cash in on our financial growth to see his shares rise and make sure the club stays in the top 6.
Wenger will leave at some point but we need a complete lock down to get rid of Kroenke. I do see it happening in the next 5 years once the penny drops.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:37 am
Kroenkes only commitment to Arsenal is to cash in on our financial growth to see his shares rise and make sure the club stays in the top 6.
Wenger will leave at some point but we need a complete lock down to get rid of Kroenke. I do see it happening in the next 5 years once the penny drops.
I'm really not sure it will, I already hear a lot of our fans being "dumbed down" to accept mediocrity, yet they still go to games, spend their money etc.

I don't really understand what they get out of it as deep down they must know, especially in the league and CL, that we are just going through the motions, especially when you consider how much it costs to do so as well.

I think we will struggle to sell out games from next season though but not enough for it to have a major impact on our bottom line, we'll still get 50,000+ (sold) tickets for most games, perhaps that will drop to 40,000+ in 5 years more of mediocrity but TV money will keep the regime in place.

This really is "death by a thousand cuts".

Dein, Fiszman, Bracewell-toff, Hill-wood, Wenger hold your heads in shame - you all sold us out.

:censored:

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Wembley final or not......after the dross this evening this has the potential to be on a totally different level to any of the protests last season. It will surely be taken inside the stadium now.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:07 pm
Wembley final or not......after the dross this evening this has the potential to be on a totally different level to any of the protests last season. It will surely be taken inside the stadium now.
fuck the peaceful protests this has to go big and ugly,anyone still want to see us keep winning??