CROWDFUNDING - WENGER GONE, NOW REMOVE KROENKE

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Allgunsblazin

Re: CROWDFUNDING - REMOVE WENGER & KROENKE

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Wenger is a crafty *word censored*!
His timing is a lot better than ours, if there was no winter transfer window he would be out...

rich31

Post by rich31 »

subtleasaheadbutt wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:56 pm
rich31 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:34 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:28 pm
Ziegler1988 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:07 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:58 pm
Any update on todays protest ?
https://twitter.com/charles_watts/statu ... 3365617664

Our "supporters" really are pathetic, they're probably in the Armoury buying Aubameyang kits
Whilst I agree in theory to protests today was totally the wrong day for it to happen.

A few days after signing a world class striker and a week after getting to a cup final. The organisers have I’m afraid misread the mood.

Thats it in a nutshell really.The loss against swansea and all the other deficiencies over the years, pale into insignificance in the eyes of the "wenger is god" brigade compared to the cup final and Aubangeyang signing... wenger is untouchable in the majorities eyes and that is that im afraid.
absolute horseshit! The Wenger is God brigade was never going to go. The WOB is the one that didn't turn up. Don't blame the indifferent fans or the AKBs they were never going to turn up...the ones that say they want to remove Wenger but don't do anything have done a lot of damage to the Wenger out cause...tonight it is seen as a joke. it's reported in the papers as 25 people ffs. the failure of this is squarely at the feet of the WOB who didn't show. Don't make excuses for them
You appear to be overestimating the numbers in the WOB (based upon attendances at any protests)...if there were such numbers then surely they would of turned up in the past and last night - there have been a few opportunites.Fence sitters(indifferent fans) and Wenger supporters need to start having doubts and consider joining for it to be successful and after reaching a cup final and the signing of Aubanbeyang they were never going to.Anyone who is indifferent is basically wenger in - they are part of the problem and belong in the wenger is god category.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Last season when the protest reached quite an impressive turnout, the opinion from most passive fans was his contract is up at the end of the season he will leave anyway, don’t wash your dirty linin in public - the result he signed on again for 2 years :roll:

After this seasons clusterfuck, Sanchez leaving, losing pathetically to lower placed teams, he has basically been rescued by the club signing Bananaman, and reaching the final of a competition that he has treated with disdain for years (30 ?)

Yesterday was all well and good, but we blow so hot and cold it’s ridiculous, we are just as likely to get rolled over (see Swansea, forest, Stoke, ),as put in a good performance - Spuds, Everton.

The players have all been moved on, Ramsey is now our longest serving player I think, but the one constant is Wenker.

2 successive seasons of failing to hit his champions league target, must surely signal the end ?

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:45 pm
2 successive seasons of failing to hit his champions league target, must surely signal the end ?
Why?, the new PL TV money means CL football is only something like 5-10% of income rather than 20-30%. Kroenke doesn't give a sh*t, we can make more money in the transfer market than from getting CL football.

:roll:

Everyone hyping that we've spent £60M on a player, err we sold Walcott for £20M and Ox for £40M...

:roll:

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

It is the wrong time to protest when;

- We have reached a cup final (albeit the Mickey Mahse Cup)

- We have bought a couple of good attackimg players (though lost a world class one at the same time and not addressed the many areas of weakness)

- We have a couple of guys with new job titles involved in transfer dealings creating an illusion of a power shift at the club (while the same clown is still ringmaster at the circus)

- We are playing a top 6 "rival" (yeah, right!)

- We are playing a crap team we will probably beat at home

- We are playing a small team in the Cup as it is "their day" and we will look ungrateful

- It is a London derby

- It is a leetle beet wet or cold

- There is a 'R' in the month (basically the whole season apart from August and May)

Have I missed anything? I do need to find a window in my diary when the time isn't entirely wrong to campaign for 12 years of decay (and counting) to end.

-

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:37 am
It is the wrong time to protest when;

- We have reached a cup final (albeit the Mickey Mahse Cup)

- We have bought a couple of good attackimg players (though lost a world class one at the same time and not addressed the many areas of weakness)

- We have a couple of guys with new job titles involved in transfer dealings creating an illusion of a power shift at the club (while the same clown is still ringmaster at the circus)

- We are playing a top 4/5 "rival" (yeah, right!)

- We are playing a crap team we will probably beat at home

- We are playing a small team in the Cup as it is "their day" and we will look ungrateful

- It is a London derby

- It is a leetle beet wet or cold

- There is a 'R' in the month (basically the whole season apart from August and May)

- It is the Emirates Cup ( a fun family event) or the last day of the season (time to show "appreciation" for their "achievement")

Have I missed anything? I do need to find a window in my diary when the time isn't entirely wrong to campaign for 12 years of decay (and counting) to end.

-

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

maybe the organisers should look to see how West Ham go about protesting.
they have raised £25K in about 3 days for a march they are doing next month.

then again they also have 37 supporters groups involved and are expecting a turnout of at least 10,000.

this is the issue I have always had with the Wenger out protests - all supporters groups need to come together.
to dismiss groups such as Red Action is naive at best and stupid at worst.

NickF

Post by NickF »

rich31 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:06 pm

You appear to be overestimating the numbers in the WOB (based upon attendances at any protests)...if there were such numbers then surely they would of turned up in the past and last night - there have been a few opportunities
In my experience, sadly this not the case. When were doing the marches last season there were a lot of people who stand at the side of the road saying things like "well done" and "he has to go" but do nothing themselves. Ditto when I've done banners inside the stadium.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Has anyone read the comments under that twitter tweet posted by that smarmy ceeunt? Jesus Christ we have some fucking moronic arseholes in our fan base. :oops: :roll:

I still believe the WOB are a minority tbh.

Nothing has changed my mind that Wenger is still in control and will leave when he chooses. One of the media scum on Sunday Supplement said something along the lines of Wenger still controls all significant areas in the club including player transfers. I reckon he's right. :|

NickF

Post by NickF »

Have to agree with DB10 summing up that we do have some moronic fans, saw this posted on another forum:
There's nothing wrong with fans wanting change. But there is something wrong with people saying our manager should have been sacked years ago when he's done better than just about every other manager in the EPL by any realistic measure.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:03 pm
Have to agree with DB10 summing up that we do have some moronic fans, saw this posted on another forum:
There's nothing wrong with fans wanting change. But there is something wrong with people saying our manager should have been sacked years ago when he's done better than just about every other manager in the EPL by any realistic measure.
Jesus..... can anyone really believe that stuff in that quote? I suppose they can but still..... :|

I was as happy as anyone with the 3 recent FA Cup wins but there is no way even the most optimistic among us can dress that up as anything other than a few cup wins. Not competing for a PL title for 13 years is a far more accurate and damming indictment of Wenger's latter tenure.

rich31

Post by rich31 »

NickF wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:31 pm
rich31 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:06 pm

You appear to be overestimating the numbers in the WOB (based upon attendances at any protests)...if there were such numbers then surely they would of turned up in the past and last night - there have been a few opportunities
In my experience, sadly this not the case. When were doing the marches last season there were a lot of people who stand at the side of the road saying things like "well done" and "he has to go" but do nothing themselves. Ditto when I've done banners inside the stadium.
People who dont mind quietly muttering support for you but baulk at actually getting involved themselves are i imagine the exact people who are possibly swayed by signings,carabeo cup finals and the timing of protests Nick .Sadly I just cannot see where the numbers are going to come from.
On a side note i greatly appreciate your efforts mate

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

To put it in perspective, Chelsea are seriously considering sacking their manager while they are reigning champions, currently in the top four and in the last 16 of the Champions' League as well as still in the FA Cup. A bit ruthless, perhaps, but I respect the fact they set the bar high.

The previous season's champions, the mighty Leicester, also sacked their manager half way through the following season, when he was about to lead them through to the last 8 of the Champions' League.

It's a funny old game, Saint.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:32 pm
To put it in perspective, Chelsea are seriously considering sacking their manager while they are reigning champions, currently in the top four and in the last 16 of the Champions' League as well as still in the FA Cup. A bit ruthless, perhaps, but I respect the fact they set the bar high.

The previous season's champions, the mighty Leicester, also sacked their manager half way through the following season, when he was about to lead them through to the last 8 of the Champions' League.

It's a funny old game, Saint.
You missed that they are also 5 points ahead of us, you have to laugh (or cry?).

This is why I am so anti-Kroenke and see Wenger as a side issue, I know we've been over this so many times so I don't want to get into another debate about Wenger vs Kroenke (who is the real villan!), I think most agree by now that they are both part of the problem.

However the fact that it takes so many failures and embarrassments and still Wenger is in the job tells me the problem is bigger than just him, Chelsea fans don't need to protest because they have a ruthless (c*nt yes) of an owner who will take action when a manager is failing on the pitch after just 1 season.

Boycott is the only way, if others choose not to, well that is up to them, they should know by now what they will get for their money = not a lot.

NickF

Post by NickF »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:41 pm
Boycott is the only way, if others choose not to, well that is up to them, they should know by now what they will get for their money = not a lot.
That is the problem, there are lots of people who say they aren't going back until Wenger and/or Kroenke has gone and yet it has had zero impact on the attendance. Frustrating than other teams manage to get their sh*t together in terms of protest and boycotts but we can't.