CROWDFUNDING - WENGER GONE, NOW REMOVE KROENKE

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: CROWDFUNDING - REMOVE WENGER & KROENKE

Post by NickF »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:59 pm
The problem is that the majority of "fans" that attend the bowl are either tourists or the Hipster brigade,both of which love their,"matchday experience," so will not only refuse to get involved with any protests,but will actually try to disrupt them. :evil:
No one asking people to actually attend the game. The marches are outside the ground. If people feel strongly enough they should march. Unfortunately those who care enough are very few.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

NickF wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:50 pm
Rugby Gooner wrote:
The problem is that the majority of "fans" that attend the bowl are either tourists or the Hipster brigade,both of which love their,"matchday experience," so will not only refuse to get involved with any protests,but will actually try to disrupt them. :evil:
No one asking people to actually attend the game. The marches are outside the ground. If people feel strongly enough they should march. Unfortunately those who care enough are very few.
Have it your way,we don't care. :roll: :banghead:

ArseOverTit

Post by ArseOverTit »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:06 pm
How on earth can you raise money to oust the majority shareholder? Is the plan to raise enough to buy his shares?
The idea is to raise enough money to procure sufficient cynaide to lace the entire prawn sandwhich Eating Wenger fan brigade so that they are no longer able to voice childlike musings.;)

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

ArseOverTit wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:38 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
How on earth can you raise money to oust the majority shareholder? Is the plan to raise enough to buy his shares?
The idea is to raise enough money to procure sufficient cynaide to lace the entire prawn sandwhich Eating Wenger fan brigade so that they are no longer able to voice childlike musings.;)
This won't happen over night, but I feel he might go in the summer. I heard that some of the BOD are already asking him for people to whom HE considers could possibly be approached as the new Manager to replace him. So that's a issue for starters!!

We need a totally new regime. It will be tough after Wenger gone & we'll be in for a few tough years afterwards make no bones about that.
But we need a new broom at home ASAP..

I will throw in £100 once we have the plan of action of future protests sorted.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

bergkamp10 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:48 am
ArseOverTit wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:38 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
This won't happen over night, but I feel he might go in the summer. I heard that some of the BOD are already asking him for people to whom HE considers could possibly be approached as the new Manager to replace him. So that's a issue for starters!!

We need a totally new regime. It will be tough after Wenger gone & we'll be in for a few tough years afterwards make no bones about that.
But we need a new broom at home ASAP..

I will throw in £100 once we have the plan of action of future protests sorted.
Been studying the fixture list for the first time and I think we should carry on raising money so that we have it when we need it...... and WAIT.

End of October...thru November & December is where I think the horrors in the PL lie. We have both Manc clubs, the Tots, Chelsea 1st Jan plus we have the distractions of the Europa League in there as well. If we aren't out of the title hunt before then, we sure as hell will be halfway through that lot.

The man is just so lucky...he never gets a bunch of horror fixtures all together. Look at what Stoke have had, can you imagine us dealing with 3 or 4 tough games on the bounce like that, it is what we so desperately need. But Wenger never has more than 2 tough games on the bounce...and if that isn't enough he gets non league clubs thrown into the mix if he is really in trouble :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Is it tourists though ?? I'm not convinced about that any more.

I was out with my kids yesterday in and around Kings Cross station. Most of our fans are older and obviously English. They are like Zombies - when you listen to their conversations there is no anger, no concerns, no passion - just acceptance of the overpriced shite they're about to watch.

Just like on the marches last year. I and several others, noticed how most of the home crowd just turn up in their replica shirts and scarves, following the same routines. It's more about familiarity for most of them.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Ok take this as its meant, i understand the need for secrecy but in some ways i feel you're taking it too far. Simply put your asking people to pay for a lucky dip surprise :rubchin:

Sorry guys but i just can't see many people who don't know you being willing to pay into a fund a where there is no accountability or openess about what exactly is being funded.

Maybe put some clear ideas, the more the better if i'm honest, of what options or ideas people can expect without being too specific as to where/when/what etc :wink:

Out of interest has anyone discussed with the Supporters groups what their feeling are, much as we often are disdainful of them, they have access to a wider network of fans than we do and may be able to assist with raising support IF approached in the right manner by some of our less volatile or slightly condescending members. :wink:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:18 pm
Ok take this as its meant, i understand the need for secrecy but in some ways i feel you're taking it too far. Simply put your asking people to pay for a lucky dip surprise :rubchin:

Sorry guys but i just can't see many people who don't know you being willing to pay into a fund a where there is no accountability or openess about what exactly is being funded.

Maybe put some clear ideas, the more the better if i'm honest, of what options or ideas people can expect without being too specific as to where/when/what etc :wink:

Out of interest has anyone discussed with the Supporters groups what their feeling are, much as we often are disdainful of them, they have access to a wider network of fans than we do and may be able to assist with raising support IF approached in the right manner by some of our less volatile or slightly condescending members. :wink:
We advertised the WBA plane and the club hired their own and made the entire club a laughing stock. MattyB paid for that plane himself before any funds were released.CASH £800

We did the laser display without telling anybody and took the club & everyone by surprise...same with the plane over Stoke and the Billboard at the ground. I pre paid for that billboard (£1400) CASH, not credit card...CASH. The light show was 2k + vat.

We cannot possibly advertise on here what we are doing.

As for the "supporters clubs" they are much like some of the people on here, all mouth and sweet FA else.

I suggest ,in all sincerity, if you don't trust us, don't donate. It would be madness to tell the club what we intend doing.

I actually asked last season for guys on here to PM me their ideas and if do able we would try to execute them. That is where I got the projection idea from...somebody PM'd that to me me...a great idea.

The guy last year who was matching every donation, never met me, he messaged me every time he put a chunk of change in and he called me once. As I said, we put this page back up so if we need to move on something, and we will, we will have money. In fact THREE guys came to me asking where they can donate. I do not want to feel we are standing with a begging bowl, if people are not comfortable, do not give money. ALL we want is Wenger out, we work, we have jobs, I'm 5 hours away from the Emirates, we don't WANT to be doing this. It's not fun.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

GoonerMuzz wrote:

Bloody hell mate - first rule of warfare is you don't tell your enemy what you're going to do.

And as x says - the few of us that organised the protests last season spent god knows how many days and hours arranging things as well as putting thousands of pounds of our own money up front.

We got dog's abuse to our face and online but we did it because we want change at Arsenal.

We don't expect or want any thanks but if you're wanting to dig somebody out - how about the many, many people that moan about Wenger or Kroenke or Gazidis but do absolutely fuck all other than moan online ??

General

Post by General »

You would've thought that after last season's efforts people would be a lot more assured about the ideas being pursued.

General

Post by General »

I still think this ongoing misconception that this is all being organised by Arsenal Fan TV and Piers Morgan is a discouraging a lot more people from joining. Shouldn't underestimate the power of social media. Even last season when Wonga was asked about the fans who organised the plane he replied "which fans, the rich ones?", suggesting that it this is all being championed by some well off Arsenal fans. Then again the coont will say anything to divert attention from the fact that a significant amount of fans want him out.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

General wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:04 pm
You would've thought that after last season's efforts people would be a lot more assured about the ideas being pursued.
Quite,

Last season showed that not only was the donated money spent to achieve good publicity - planes, billboards, banners, lightshow etc but with humour and no doubt they hit their mark with the press and Wenker himself being rattled by them.

I don't need to know exactly what it will be spent on - I will happily donate again knowing that it is being put to good use by those involved.

mattyb

Post by mattyb »

General wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:12 pm
I still think this ongoing misconception that this is all being organised by Arsenal Fan TV and Piers Morgan is a discouraging a lot more people from joining. Shouldn't underestimate the power of social media. Even last season when Wonga was asked about the fans who organised the plane he replied "which fans, the rich ones?", suggesting that it this is all being championed by some well off Arsenal fans. Then again the coont will say anything to divert attention from the fact that a significant amount of fans want him out.

Cheers General..

Just to clarify to those reading... our group met for the first time at the first bayern home game demo..we are all your average fan that want change at Arsenal. We all have jobs and are not piers or aftv..or in anyway linked with them. Yes weve given 1 interview last season to support our cause..

For the colney protest some of us took a days leave..one of our group lost half a days pay to be there..we reconed the site twice in the previous week running up to the demo ..all in our own time..

We certainly are not rich ..hence we need to crowd fund. As X said we need donations to do what we need to do..we raised funds last season and we delivered. We need people to donate again...

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:

You're a good poster on here Muzz and I know you mean well with this post and aren't casting aspersions. The salient answers have already been given, namely that we learnt our lesson early last year with the first plane at WBA, which the Club countered with their own. As Chris said, it made us look daft and we vowed not to repeat the mistake. Thereafter, whatever we did was a complete surprise to the Club and while we weren't successful in getting shot of Il Duce, there can be no doubt that he and the Club were as irritated as hell and had it not been for our efforts, I'll guarantee that the contract would have been signed much earlier, without so much as a kiss my arse. Sign he did, but we made sure it was in the spotlight and we are making the point that the spotlight isn't going away.

The second point made is also very valid and that's that those that donated last season seemed very happy with our efforts and, understanding the dangers of our plans being exposed, were content with not knowing details in advance.

X's point is also key.....if anyone isn't relaxed about trusting us, then don't donate. The deal HAS to be, donate and trust us to make the best use of the funds. That use may not please everyone all of the time, but I think "overall" :wink: we did a pretty good job last season.

Just a final point (already made, but I'll make it again) about the organisers. Every one of us work, have family / social lives and have many demands on our time. Each one of us has thought on occasion (particularly with the piss poor attendance at the marches), "why the fuck am I doing this....there are a lot more enjoyable things I could be spending time and energy doing". Then a new day dawns and we carry on. As for financial committment, as X's says, people have paid up front to get things done....X himself has gone out on a limb a few times and if memory serves me well, Matty put up the £800 for the first plane before the donation page was properly up and running.

I do agree with your suggestion that we contact the supporter's groups. Despite X's possibly accurate disparaging remarks about them, it's a stone that we shouldn't leave unturned.

P.S. How much are you putting in ?!! :lol: :wink:

Trevor Ross

Post by Trevor Ross »

It's pretty obvious that planes, banner lorries, light shows and double decker buses don't come cheap, but surely the point is that if more people had turned up for the marches then the other activities wouldn't have been needed. Everyone knew about the marches, but we never got more than a tiny fraction of those who sit at home and moan about Le Fraud on social media. Was a pleasure to meet some of the organisers at one very poorly attended event though, top blokes, proper old school Arsenal and a million miles away from some of the idiots you get on Arsenal Fan TV.