CROWDFUNDING - WENGER GONE, NOW REMOVE KROENKE

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: CROWDFUNDING - REMOVE WENGER & KROENKE

Post by nut flush gooner »

General wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:50 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:32 am
General wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:16 pm
No offence to Nut FG but I like the way some fans like to give out expert advice on how to get the message across to the board yet are totally oblivious to the challenges involved.
You see that's the thing with gooners. The match day protests have largely been ineffectual no more than an irritant to AW and Kroenke sat on his ranch probably couldn't give two hoots. A protest outside the AGM with no other fans around would attract a lot more attention.

They will all be at the AGM. I know it's a work day, but for me taking a half day off to give Kroenke especially the bird isn't a huge sacrifice. Let him personally feel the heat from gooners.

I could get down there with a few days notice if something does happen. Even if he(Kroenke)brushes off any protest, the thought of him feeling uncomfortable under the collar rather than painting a picture of all is rosy in the Arsenal garden does appeal.
For the umpteenth time, the issue is about getting a decent number of fans to turn up as mentioned by Xistential. How exactly are you going to publicise this and get our fans to show up, especially on a weekday?
And for the umpteenth time the match day strategy isn't working, When will you realise that even if 50 fans turn up at the AGM with loudhailers etc that is going to have more of an impact than 500 marching from the east stand to the emirates when all they do is blend into a sea of apathy. It really is down to how much we want to get rid of Kroenke, steveO has said he is game. We have enough disaffected gooners in London to put 200 outside the AGM with a bit of organisation. If we can't even muster that then is there really any point?

For sure a club like Liverpool would have large numbers turning up at AGMs protesting, perhaps that says a lot about gooners.

Herd

Post by Herd »

For once i agree with Nut flush a noisy barracking at the AGM might get a lot of publicity.
A loudhailer IN the AGM would be even better .
Imagine slagging them off and they have to listen cos you have a loud hailer ,it's a fucking a riot causer !
Fuck it Il do it just get me in and il cane em !1

General

Post by General »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:02 am
General wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:50 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:32 am
General wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:16 pm
No offence to Nut FG but I like the way some fans like to give out expert advice on how to get the message across to the board yet are totally oblivious to the challenges involved.
You see that's the thing with gooners. The match day protests have largely been ineffectual no more than an irritant to AW and Kroenke sat on his ranch probably couldn't give two hoots. A protest outside the AGM with no other fans around would attract a lot more attention.

They will all be at the AGM. I know it's a work day, but for me taking a half day off to give Kroenke especially the bird isn't a huge sacrifice. Let him personally feel the heat from gooners.

I could get down there with a few days notice if something does happen. Even if he(Kroenke)brushes off any protest, the thought of him feeling uncomfortable under the collar rather than painting a picture of all is rosy in the Arsenal garden does appeal.
For the umpteenth time, the issue is about getting a decent number of fans to turn up as mentioned by Xistential. How exactly are you going to publicise this and get our fans to show up, especially on a weekday?
And for the umpteenth time the match day strategy isn't working, When will you realise that even if 50 fans turn up at the AGM with loudhailers etc that is going to have more of an impact than 500 marching from the east stand to the emirates when all they do is blend into a sea of apathy. It really is down to how much we want to get rid of Kroenke, steveO has said he is game. We have enough disaffected gooners in London to put 200 outside the AGM with a bit of organisation. If we can't even muster that then is there really any point?

For sure a club like Liverpool would have large numbers turning up at AGMs protesting, perhaps that says a lot about gooners.
I'm not arguing about what protest would more effective. In any case, why not take the lead then and organise it? I will be happy to join. Let's see if you get more than a handful to show up. And just remember a win before the AGM regardless of the opposition and your plans will be up in smoke. The issue here isn't the style of protest, I'm sure people can come up with all sorts of clever ideas to get the message across, it's the execution and reliance on an apathetic fanbase.

It's easy to sit back and criticise the marches, but how many of your showed up? It might not have been the most effective but it certainly played a major role in placing the agenda firmly in the media domain.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

how about a protest BEFORE Norwich (outside the Diamond Club or whatever it is called) AND DURING the AGM?

I could attend the first one but not the 2nd

NickF

Post by NickF »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:02 am

... and why do you think the matchday strategy isn't working, it is because of the apathy. Which is also the reason you will not get 50 fans turning up at the AGM. Agreed that it does say a lot about gooners.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

a lot of the apathy is because Arsenal is a fairly unique situation - we dont do what other clubs do, which is have a very bad season ever. (ok this season might be it..) but up until now Wenger had had a couple of things going for him which have sustained him in a job

1. top 4 - might be laughed at, but that Champions League qualification (forget the competing) maintained the illusion that we were a top club.
2. lucky FA Cup runs - no matter what you say about Wenger, to win 3 of the last 4 FA Cups is still a great achievement. Mostly won though on lucky cup draws (2 non league sides in the last 16 and QF last season for fuck sake)

we have never really FAILED under Wenger, and it is why the sheep keep returning for more.

I was delighted that we lost rather than drew on Saturday - there is a real possibility that we are finally entering a meltdown scenario, where we actually do lose a good number of the upcoming games. Good then real pressure can be put on Wenger, instead of praising him with a manager of the month nomination :banghead:

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

We failed last season and we are failing this season. We have the 4th highest wage bill - not all that far off the top three -and significantlyabove Tottenham and Liverpool and the rest. Yet we cannot get 4th. If we don't get top 4 for the second year running that can only be classed as massive failure. Cup competitions are great fun and give bragging rights but irrelevant to the bigger picture.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

If we're honest quite a few of us weren't altogether devastated when Watford got the winner. It brings back hope that Arsenal can just maybe get a decent manager sooner rather than later. I'd take that over one point. As i said when Watford scored that 2nd goal, ten years ago it would have left me gutted and fuming, five years ago it would have left me bitterly disappointed. But in 2017 I just don't really give a shit - basically ive been beaten into adopting the attitude that has been permeating the club itself for the last eight or nine seasons, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

NickF

Post by NickF »

cameron326 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:30 pm
We failed last season and we are failing this season. We have the 4th highest wage bill - not all that far off the top three -and significantlyabove Tottenham and Liverpool and the rest. Yet we cannot get 4th. If we don't get top 4 for the second year running that can only be classed as massive failure. Cup competitions are great fun and give bragging rights but irrelevant to the bigger picture.
The highlighted part is the problem at the club, that somehow 4th is acceptable.
We used to challenge for titles and now top 4 is the target.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

http://www.onlinegooner.com/article.php ... eXgaztryUl

Utterly depressing but sadly very true. Hard to give a f*ck about what is left of this club anymore.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

cameron326 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:30 pm
Nope, in the eyes of most of our fans, most of the media and our shit board/players and manager we won the FA Cup against huge favourites chav$ki and only missed the CL spot by a cunthair - last season doesn't even come close to being viewed as a failure by any of those listed. Forget what you or I think - it's what the media, AKBs and board think that we are up against and none of them agree with us. These are people that bought the lies about no money and thus bought into the shit that 4th place was "like a trophy" ffs. :roll:

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

@jamieandrewsafc
Club beefing up potential security due to feeling of a potential protest outside the AGM @timpayton @AngryOfN5 @arseblog @DarrenArsenal1

Wonder where the club heard about that :rubchin:

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Is there any way we can pull a stunt like that comedian did at the Conservative Conference when he gave Theresa May a P45 on behalf of Boris?

Surely one of our like-minded souls can blag his way an invite with a long-overdue P45 for you-know-who in his pocket, ready to present him with it when he gets up to make his annual speech in front of Wiggy and the watching media.....

Make it so.

General

Post by General »

I laugh when fans suddenly get this urge to protest and all that crap after we lose a game. What exactly is the objective? To vent anger or somehow get the immovable object to get sacked? Or perhaps to get Kroenke to list his shares on Amazon and sell up? We had our chance to protest properly last season, the objective was clear, but most decided to do nothing. They deserve everything they're getting now.

NickF

Post by NickF »

General wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:37 pm
I laugh when fans suddenly get this urge to protest and all that crap after we lose a game. What exactly is the objective? To vent anger or somehow get the immovable object to get sacked? Or perhaps to get Kroenke to list his shares on Amazon and sell up? We had our chance to protest properly last season, the objective was clear, but most decided to do nothing. They deserve everything they're getting now.
It was exactly the same last year, lose at Palace 3-0 and they're calling for Wenger's head. The next week a poor 2-1 win away at Boro and there is nothing. This is supposedly our most passionate supporters and they are quite happy to flip-flop.

I read on The Gooner report of Watford they were calling for Wenger's head again but guaranteed a win on Thursday and that will be forgotten. Until our support realise it is not just about the last result we will never move on.

Even if you believe that Kroenke is the bigger evil, fine, but at least have the courage to protest every week, not just when results are bad.

I would be quite happy to protest outside the AGM but unless a decent number commit, there is no point.