CROWDFUNDING - WENGER GONE, NOW REMOVE KROENKE

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: CROWDFUNDING - REMOVE WENGER & KROENKE

Post by Gunner Rob »

I am considering attending BUT I will say this again - are all the supporters groups going to be in attendance, will the Rocket cancel their match day booze up?

If the protest has a chance of succeeding then EVERYONE has to be on the same side here. A divisive fan base just plays into the hands of Wenger

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFME0R8lnag

I agree with this guy, though it does remind me a little of Derek & Clive.. :twisted:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

I think a bit more alcohol was required to reach Derek & Clive status :D

The fans do need to be together for the protest but unfortunately it never goes that way! Remember trying to get rid of Terry Neil back in 1983 - the team were dog shit at the time. I remember the North bank after a game chanting "Neil out" but there was still a chunk of fans calling for him to stay. :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

Any update on todays protest ?

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

augie wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:58 pm
https://twitter.com/charles_watts/statu ... 3365617664

Our "supporters" really are pathetic, they're probably in the Armoury buying Aubameyang kits

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:07 pm
augie wrote:

Our "supporters" really are pathetic, they're probably in the Armoury buying Aubameyang kits
Whilst I agree in theory to protests today was totally the wrong day for it to happen.

A few days after signing a world class striker and a week after getting to a cup final. The organisers have I’m afraid misread the mood.

rich31

Post by rich31 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:28 pm
Ziegler1988 wrote:
augie wrote:

Whilst I agree in theory to protests today was totally the wrong day for it to happen.

A few days after signing a world class striker and a week after getting to a cup final. The organisers have I’m afraid misread the mood.
Thats it in a nutshell really.The loss against swansea and all the other deficiencies over the years, pale into insignificance in the eyes of the "wenger is god" brigade compared to the cup final and Aubangeyang signing... wenger is untouchable in the majorities eyes and that is that im afraid.

subtleasaheadbutt

Post by subtleasaheadbutt »

rich31 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:34 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:28 pm
Ziegler1988 wrote:
augie wrote:

Thats it in a nutshell really.The loss against swansea and all the other deficiencies over the years, pale into insignificance in the eyes of the "wenger is god" brigade compared to the cup final and Aubangeyang signing... wenger is untouchable in the majorities eyes and that is that im afraid.
absolute horseshit! The Wenger is God brigade was never going to go. The WOB is the one that didn't turn up. Don't blame the indifferent fans or the AKBs they were never going to turn up...the ones that say they want to remove Wenger but don't do anything have done a lot of damage to the Wenger out cause...tonight it is seen as a joke. it's reported in the papers as 25 people ffs. the failure of this is squarely at the feet of the WOB who didn't show. Don't make excuses for them

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

it was a ridiculous time to protest, i've wanted wenger out for years but no way would i attach myself to a protest after signing aubamayang. believe it or not some of our more kneejerky fans have renewed optimism now, not to mention we've got a cup final to look forward to in several weeks time.

i'd love to see a protest but at the end of the season, honestly i can't believe the people that organised it thought this through

NickF

Post by NickF »

Not having a go at anyone but I really have to ask why do people want Wenger out if we are always one good result away from the protest failing?

A few have said on here today that it was a stupid time to protest after we signed Aubameyang yet the day before we lost 3 - 1 to the bottom placed team. I have to say I really do despair at our supporters and in a way kind of glad I am out of it.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

I've accepted that our fans on the whole are far too passive to protest in numbers that will have any effect on the coroporate slime that run the club, boycotting is best, if they can find enough dumbed down hipster fans or asian tourists to fill the bowl and buy over priced merchandise etc. then good luck to them, I wont be one of them though!.

In a way it's nice to be emotionally detached from it all, defeats don't hurt at all anymore, and lets face facts, with the spending power City and United especially have, then it is going to be difficult for anyone else apart from perhaps other pimped clubs like the Chavs from competing at the very top anyway.

Wenger is right.. all this money will spoil competition, except it will happen sooner than he might think and it will start with the bowl being half empty regularly and I don't mean half empty but all tickets sold, I mean actually properly half empty.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:06 am
I've wanted wenger out for years but no way would i attach myself to a protest after signing aubamayang.
Why?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

NickF wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:48 pm
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:06 am
I've wanted wenger out for years but no way would i attach myself to a protest after signing aubamayang.
Why?
Common sense, sorry Nick but you and some of the protest organisers are far too close and personally entrenched in this and simply cannot see other peoples varied points of view.

Anyone thinking rationally could have seen this was not the time to protest and it should have been postponed, what makes it even more ludicrous is the Auba scored and Mhiki had 3 assists which really does make the protest look petulant.

Seriously I can fully understand the frustration you and the other organisers have had, last year especially, but time after time on here people have tried to explain to you all the different motivations of our supporters and simply put because the organisers and involved protesters don't agree they have ignored or belittled other peoples opinions.

There is someone different and much more intelligent making decisions at Arsenal these days, making a huge signing and even getting something out of the Sanchez deal is not the mark of Wenger, even the most vehement anti-Wenger supporter must realise this, couple this with reaching another cup final and the shitty result against bottom feeding Swansea was never going to matter.

The protest organisers are now faced with even more people back on the fence and a wait and see attitude to see if this perceived new movement behind the scenes actually morphs into something tangible. Whoever has taken the reigns out of Wengers hands, even if only short term, and is making these decisions has now given the club and even moreso OGL a grace period with a simple combination of some flashing lights and smoke and mirrors.

NickF

Post by NickF »

The frustration is that most people must realise by now we are never going to win the league again with Wenger in charge. Unfortunately there will always be a reason why they will press the reset button once again. After the transfer window there is renewed optimism despite the fact our problems are defensive.

He will be here until he is taken out in a box as realistically are we ever going to be bad enough for the masses to rise up?

This is exactly why I have walked away....

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

It beggars belief that anyone could be duped by a couple of very good transfer window signings (one a replacement for our best player) to give Wenger any more chances.

Two points. Firstly, we are way beyond "spend some fucking money". He has had It, spent It, and those on whom he has spent it usually regress. Secondly, he could have bought Messi, Bale and Ronaldo in recent seasons and the team under him would have won bugger all As the brilliant new Only Fools parody song doing the rounds goes "If you want defenders, then you dont ask Wenger". The same goes for defensive midfielders.

I usually respect most points of view, but I will gladly make an exception for those saying we have got the timing wrong. Bollocks. Within the last month we have suffered an embarrassing cup defeat at Forest and league defeats away to Bournemouth and Swansea. It will take more than a couple of signings in positions which are not a priority to transform this club.

Why waste another 15 months indulging one man's ego? The case remains as strong as ever to get him out without further delay.
Last edited by Bob Bayliss on Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.