CROWDFUNDING - WENGER GONE, NOW REMOVE KROENKE

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
General

Re: CROWDFUNDING - REMOVE WENGER & KROENKE

Post by General »

Ultimately Stan's aim is to drawdown some of the equity he's built up in the club from his shares but he can't do this due to Usmanov and also the risk of causing unrest amongst fans. This is why the £3m fee promptly ceased once it was questioned. I do think he's acutely aware of how he's perceived hence the wig wearing and dropping of the hunting channel amongst others. He's sitting on a gold mine and has no way of extracting funds without raising eyebrows. The move to buy Usmanov out if it succeeds would inevitably result in our de-listing and then all sorts of financial jiggery pockery will follow. I'm sure we are by far the most valuable sporting asset he owns.

NickF

Post by NickF »

General wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:23 pm
Ultimately Stan's aim is to drawdown some of the equity he's built up in the club from his shares but he can't do this due to Usmanov and also the risk of causing unrest amongst fans. This is why the £3m fee promptly ceased once it was questioned. I do think he's acutely aware of how he's perceived hence the wig wearing and dropping of the hunting channel amongst others. He's sitting on a gold mine and has no way of extracting funds without raising eyebrows. The move to buy Usmanov out if it succeeds would inevitably result in our de-listing and then all sorts of financial jiggery pockery will follow. I'm sure we are by far the most valuable sporting asset he owns.
Not even close! According to the Forbes Rich List the Rams are worth $2.9bn while we are worth $1.9bn.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenh ... b981c54a05

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

General wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:37 pm
Usmanov has spoken.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41503695
At least he does speak, unlike Silent w*ggy wanker Stan, I hope wiggy gets pelted with rotten eggs (or stones) at the AGM, if he bothers to turn up, that is the only reason I would bother going. I didn't hear Usmanov talking about "his investment" like Stan refers to the club as and he is open to working with other parties, sounds like he is in it for the long game or will sell to anyone other than Kroenke which is the best we could hope for.

F*ck off Stan, no one likes you, but you don't care.

:banghead:

NickF

Post by NickF »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:42 pm
General wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:37 pm
Usmanov has spoken.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41503695
At least he does speak, unlike Silent w*ggy wanker Stan, I hope wiggy gets pelted with rotten eggs (or stones) at the AGM, if he bothers to turn up, that is the only reason I would bother going. I didn't hear Usmanov talking about "his investment" like Stan refers to the club as and he is open to working with other parties, sounds like he is in it for the long game or will sell to anyone other than Kroenke which is the best we could hope for.

F*ck off Stan, no one likes you, but you don't care.

:banghead:
He says he is in it for the "long term" followed immediately by "if a party appears who shares my and undoubtedly the majority of fans' vision for the club, I could consider the question of selling my stake."

Doesn't sound like he is in it for the long term. I know it is difficult with our setup but I always felt in the 10(?) years he has been involved, he could have made more of an effort to get on the board or buy out Stan.

As for the AGM, it would be nice if Kroenke, Wenger and the board got given a hard time, but with the questions being vetted, I feel it is going to be like the Q and A with Ivan where one prick stood up and went on about what a wonderful man Wenger is for 5 minutes. :roll:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:45 pm
He says he is in it for the "long term" followed immediately by "if a party appears who shares my and undoubtedly the majority of fans' vision for the club, I could consider the question of selling my stake."

Doesn't sound like he is in it for the long term. I know it is difficult with our setup but I always felt in the 10(?) years he has been involved, he could have made more of an effort to get on the board or buy out Stan.

As for the AGM, it would be nice if Kroenke, Wenger and the board got given a hard time, but with the questions being vetted, I feel it is going to be like the Q and A with Ivan where one prick stood up and went on about what a wonderful man Wenger is for 5 minutes. :roll:
What could he do exactly?, he has said he is prepared to work with Kroenke, it was Kroenke's choice to lock him out, who knows what his motivation is for doing this but I think it is safe to say it is not one that is in the best interests of the success of Arsenal FC, more in the best interests of himself.

No one can really blame Usmanov if he sells, as long as it is not to Kroenke and whoever he sells to has a more ambitious vision than Kroenke, which frankly wouldn't be difficult.

In a way it would be good if he sold to another party, especially one associated with some fans, then it would really put the onus on Kroenke to work with other major shareholders rather than ignoring them, what would his excuse be then?.

We'd get guess what?, the silent treatment..

Perhaps Usmanov and co. can club together and hire a good hitman?.

:roll: :twisted:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

As protests go, getting a few hundred Gooners turning up outside the Emirates or wherever the AGM is held making a right racket outside would send a clear message to Kroenke et al. If the location of the room where the AGM is known, simply standing outside and chanting for those charlatans to get out of our club would create more headlines than any matchday protest outside the ground imo, when we are surrounded by thousands of plastics and footy tourists.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:22 am
As protests go, getting a few hundred Gooners turning up outside the Emirates or wherever the AGM is held making a right racket outside would send a clear message to Kroenke et al. If the location of the room where the AGM is known, simply standing outside and chanting for those charlatans to get out of our club would create more headlines than any matchday protest outside the ground imo, when we are surrounded by thousands of plastics and footy tourists.
A few hundred...you'll be lucky.

General

Post by General »

No offence to Nut FG but I like the way some fans like to give out expert advice on how to get the message across to the board yet are totally oblivious to the challenges involved.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:22 am
I'm more than happy to join in with this. The shit inside the ground doesn't carry any impact - it has been tried and shouted down by the windowlickers - and is mostly invisible to the wig wearing c.unt who barely turns up for games anyway. Get right in the fuckers face on his way into the board meeting and make sure the press get to see that we've finally had enough of this c.unt

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The problem with this is of course that the AGM is on a weekday morning around about the time of the Norwich game....

However will Kroenke be at that game?
Protest at that match maybe or at least before hand? I would be up for that.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:57 pm
The problem with this is of course that the AGM is on a weekday morning around about the time of the Norwich game....

However will Kroenke be at that game?
Protest at that match maybe or at least before hand? I would be up for that.
Problem for me and increasingly more likeminded folk is that we won't spend a penny going to games, so more than happy to turn up outside the stadium and cause a stir before the AGM. There will probably be no more than 40,000 at this game anyway and mostly kids so any banners etc will be a waste of time, especially if the match isn't live on TV. More than happy to take a day off work and give this two bob c.unt a shed load of abuse

Step

Post by Step »

Black Wenger deluded armbands still available.
Show your disgust with regards to this shamble of a regime.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

AST website saying Thursday 26th October :rubchin:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

General wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:16 pm
No offence to Nut FG but I like the way some fans like to give out expert advice on how to get the message across to the board yet are totally oblivious to the challenges involved.
You see that's the thing with gooners. The match day protests have largely been ineffectual no more than an irritant to AW and Kroenke sat on his ranch probably couldn't give two hoots. A protest outside the AGM with no other fans around would attract a lot more attention.

They will all be at the AGM. I know it's a work day, but for me taking a half day off to give Kroenke especially the bird isn't a huge sacrifice. Let him personally feel the heat from gooners.

I could get down there with a few days notice if something does happen. Even if he(Kroenke)brushes off any protest, the thought of him feeling uncomfortable under the collar rather than painting a picture of all is rosy in the Arsenal garden does appeal.

General

Post by General »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:32 am
General wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:16 pm
You see that's the thing with gooners. The match day protests have largely been ineffectual no more than an irritant to AW and Kroenke sat on his ranch probably couldn't give two hoots. A protest outside the AGM with no other fans around would attract a lot more attention.

They will all be at the AGM. I know it's a work day, but for me taking a half day off to give Kroenke especially the bird isn't a huge sacrifice. Let him personally feel the heat from gooners.

I could get down there with a few days notice if something does happen. Even if he(Kroenke)brushes off any protest, the thought of him feeling uncomfortable under the collar rather than painting a picture of all is rosy in the Arsenal garden does appeal.
For the umpteenth time, the issue is about getting a decent number of fans to turn up as mentioned by Xistential. How exactly are you going to publicise this and get our fans to show up, especially on a weekday?