Operation Saturn

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
hertsgunner

Re: Operation Saturn

Post by hertsgunner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:07 pm
Err according to the article it won't be 61K just closer to or above the 60,432 or whatever it was when the corporate bowl opened, so we can't even get a little satisfaction from knowing it's bigger than SHL, that is how pathetic we are these days thanks to the group of bean counting old c**ts who run the corporation (not even going to bother referring to Arsenal as a FC anymore).

:roll:
Too true the club is so far apart from the working class support these days that they don't even give a toss about putting one over on the scum by making the ground capacity bigger than theirs. The connection between the club and fans has gone, all they are interested in is milking cash out of the corporate fans and tourists but when they have all pissed off to the scum and chavs all they will have left is us the fans they don't want.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Quote ( paraphrase ) from letter dated july 2017.
We have been working hard to improve our matchday facilities for all fans visiting Emirates Stadium.
We are improving our disabled supporters' seating and access to the stadium.
As p[art of our commitment to our community and inclusivity , we are supporting the Premier League and Equality and human rights commission pledges for sporting arenas.
From 2017 /2018 , we will be increasing the capacity of disabled supporters seats which will unfortunately affect a small number of season ticket holders.
The area ( block 10 at the back ) may be relocated to an alternative area for a particular match , within the the stadium to facilitate this.

There is no need to take any action at the moment as you will be advised in advance of any specific fixture to notify you of where to go.

No doubt on these rare occasions I can look forward to a night in the new club level seats . Or perhaps sitting at the front in the pouring rain .
Or just staying at home or the pub and not bothering.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Yes, well the big mistake was keeping the Sixth Army in Stalingrad, they should have advanced to Astrakhan as planned without splitting Army Group South for the caucasus...

Oh, what? We're talking about Cashburton here?

As I said before Cashburton was too small at 60K capacity. It should have been at least 80K but for red tape. Fucking Club Level ponces. Choke on your caviar.

It really is all about the money at Cashburton, they have to recoup the lost Be All and End All money somehow by taking £5-10K+ off of a few more Tarquins. Somehow I doubt they'll be there much longer. The corporate 'support' is collapsing faster that the 'cheap' seats.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Suits me just fine - more of the empty fuckers to be shown around the world to the watching millions

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Watching AFTV and someone as saying they are just taking the piss.......that really sums it up.....i Hate the Emirates....said it before it was built never wanted to leave Highbury....

Was all a big fucking lie......they wanted to change the fanbase, and it that they have partially succeeded

In designing the stadium they got so many details wrong....as expected

making a big mistake alienating their hard core support....once gone never to return.....

They won't win the title in the next 5 years....or even challenge

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:44 pm
Watching AFTV and someone as saying they are just taking the piss.......that really sums it up.....i Hate the Emirates....said it before it was built never wanted to leave Highbury....

Was all a big fucking lie......they wanted to change the fanbase, and it that they have partially succeeded

In designing the stadium they got so many details wrong....as expected

making a big mistake alienating their hard core support....once gone never to return.....

They won't win the title in the next 5 years....or even challenge
5 years?, you optimist you, more like 20 years, certainly if Kroenke stays we can forget about titles for 10 years at least, even if we do win one which will obviously be post Wenger, it will be an outlier 'fluke' like Leicester never to be repeated and then back to mediocrity again.

Agree on the stadium, envious of the car thieves keeping their old ground and building new stand etc., wish we had done the same, I know a lot of here will disagree with this but the way we went with the $Emirates$ we might as well have done as DD wished and moved to Wembley.. at least there would be cheaper seats because they would need to fill a 90K where as 60K is easier to fill with dumbed down tourists etc.

:banghead:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:02 am
Operation Saturn - For all the ringpieces who sit in club level!! 8)
Knew there was a ring joke in there somewhere..... Was trying to work it out well played :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Operation Sat on your arse !
Good to see the club getting their priorities right at last, sod the actual team.

I think somebody (me ) previously mentioned that we might be able to Increase the capacity by a few hundred or so.
Nice to think that the club's surveillance squad report back lol.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

In have it on good authority that they only come because they are addicted to prawn sandwiches. They can also get pissed on expensive wine which really helps.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:24 am
TeeCee wrote:
Knew there was a ring joke in there somewhere..... Was trying to work it out well played :barscarf:
You always did love a good ring joke, Flash. :lol: :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:51 am
flash gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:24 am
TeeCee wrote:
You always did love a good ring joke, Flash. :lol: :wink:
:lol:

I've been on here too long