Ex Arsenal players you used to love, but now hate

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Re: Ex Arsenal players you used to love, but now hate

Post by flash gunner »

George Graham..... How could any true Gooner manage the scum? and to a trophy too.

Unforgivable

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:30 am
George Graham..... How could any true Gooner manage the scum? and to a trophy too.

Unforgivable
:fishing:

Cunticus Maximus, to give you your full Roman name. :lol: :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:33 am
flash gunner wrote:

Unforgivable
:fishing:

Cunticus Maximus, to give you your full Roman name. :lol: :wink:
Scum....... GG is too :D

bobbybigb

Post by bobbybigb »

For whatever reason George felt aggrieved about his sacking and going to the scum was like your jilted lover going off with your sworn enemy. I suspect it is a decision that George probably regrets as it did taint his standing in the eye of some Arsenal supporters. Not me though as i still consider him to be a total Arsenal legend from both his playing and managing days. He is the sort of winner that the club no longer has.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

bobbybigb wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:02 am
For whatever reason George felt aggrieved about his sacking and going to the scum was like your jilted lover going off with your sworn enemy. I suspect it is a decision that George probably regrets as it did taint his standing in the eye of some Arsenal supporters. Not me though as i still consider him to be a total Arsenal legend from both his playing and managing days. He is the sort of winner that the club no longer has.
Amen. I've often said that on here. GG only went to the scum to piss off the Arsenal board that sacked him for doing what most managers in that era were doing. Little known fact is that GG had negotiated a pay off with Arsenal and planned to resign in May 1995. The Arsenal board used the bung as an excuse to sack GG and not pay his agreed severance money. I can understand why he was pissed at the club. Still a Legend to me, just a slightly tainted one.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Tried to piss of a bunch of people that didnt care where he went (the board) by managing a team the supporters (apparently he was one of us) hate, nice one George. Used to love George before that but was absolutely gutted when he joined the scum

I will never forgive him for that. Ruined his rep

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:02 am
Tried to piss of a bunch of people that didnt care where he went (the board) by managing a team the supporters (apparently he was one of us) hate, nice one George. Used to love George before that but was absolutely gutted when he joined the scum

No one said he was perfect, Nostrilus Maximus. :D :wink:

He's just human. He lashed out like some of us do. I doubt he was trying to offend or piss off Gooners tbh, he probably never even considered that part of it. Having read GG's autobiography he comes across the way a lot of top managers do; focussed, obsessive, egotistical and with a bit of a chip on his shoulder. Not perfect, but an Arsenal Legend to me. 8)

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:23 am
flash gunner wrote:

He's just human. He lashed out like some of us do. I doubt he was trying to offend or piss off Gooners tbh, he probably never even considered that part of it. Having read GG's autobiography he comes across the way a lot of top managers do; focussed, obsessive, egotistical and with a bit of a chip on his shoulder. Not perfect, but an Arsenal Legend to me. 8)
He was associated with the club for 30 years or more and didnt know managing the scum would piss people off? :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:16 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

He was associated with the club for 30 years or more and didnt know managing the scum would piss people off? :shock:
I'm saying he probably didn't give too many fucks. As I say, at that level of manager/player there is a certain amount of ego/self-interest at play. He's not perfect.

Just like Wenger is n - ah, you know where that one is going! :lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Steve Bould - Once a defender of quality - now wenker's silent gimp bitch. :cry:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:24 am
flash gunner wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:16 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

I'm saying he probably didn't give too many fucks. As I say, at that level of manager/player there is a certain amount of ego/self-interest at play. He's not perfect.

Just like Wenger is n - ah, you know where that one is going! :lol: :wink:
I'm sure I read or heard him say himself,Charlie George was ready to join the scum,I wonder how the King of Islington would have been thought of after that........I think that was to spite the club too?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:49 pm
Steve Bould - Once a defender of quality - now wenker's silent gimp bitch. :cry:
same can be said of Keown loved the guy as a defender playing at the back with Adams...but now comes out with so much crap its unreal

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

I fécking always hated Sol Campbell, walked out on his boyhood club, just a mercenary from the Middlesex Pikey Swamp Dwellers who walked out on his Arsenal team mates at half time, took a few months off & then turns up ready for duty when a makeshift defence manages to get to a European Cup Final. :barscarf:

Then fúcks off for another lucrative mercenary contract with Dodgy Harry Twitchy boat at Portsmouth :cussing:

Then thinks he is a gifted thespian & goes off to Hollywood to become an actor, then returns to Arsenal as Wonga changes his principles about old has been players. :blah:

Then he tries to become a Tory bastard candidate for London Mayor :cussing:

Fúcking wanker! :box: Glad I always refused to sing his name! :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:28 pm
I fécking always hated Sol Campbell, walked out on his boyhood club, just a mercenary from the Middlesex Pikey Swamp Dwellers who walked out on his Arsenal team mates at half time, took a few months off & then turns up ready for duty when a makeshift defence manages to get to a European Cup Final. :barscarf:

Then fúcks off for another lucrative mercenary contract with Dodgy Harry Twitchy boat at Portsmouth :cussing:

Then thinks he is a gifted thespian & goes off to Hollywood to become an actor, then returns to Arsenal as Wonga changes his principles about old has been players. :blah:

Then he tries to become a Tory bastard candidate for London Mayor :cussing:

Fúcking wanker! :box: Glad I always refused to sing his name! :barscarf:

Sorry ..did you like him or not ? :D

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

flash gunner wrote:

Unforgivable
Terry Neil also managed Tottenham do you hate him too?