Dick Law stepping down

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: Dick Law stepping down

Post by BFG4 »

Dick Law was in the Gazidis, and Steve Bould mind-set - happy to be undermined by Wanker for money. Fuck him and anyone else that has been part of this rotten regime.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:09 pm
Dick Law was in the Gazidis, and Steve Bould mind-set - happy to be undermined by Wanker for money. Fuck him and anyone else that has been part of this rotten regime.

That's a couple of very concise and very accurate posts recently BFG. Nothing to add to what you've said. Nail on the head.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:21 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:09 pm

That's a couple of very concise and very accurate posts recently BFG. Nothing to add to what you've said. Nail on the head.
Doesn't it seem that no-one at the club has any honour anymore,Is there no-one at the club willing to stand up to the current dictatorship? or maybe there is no dictatorship and its us ungrateful fuckers who are in the wrong? It seems to me that at every level the wankers at this club are happy to put their hands out for the money and perks and not actually care about the failure of Wenger,maybe I'd be the same if I was on X amount a year and wanted to stay on the gravy train,but I'd like to think not,

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Who?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

General wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:05 am
Credited with closing out the Ozil deal. As good as Ozil is, he wasn't what we needed at the time. Law is not the problem, Wenger is.
It's well documented on here that I rate Ozil and Sanchez obviously as our only two world class players but I think you've hit the nail on the head there tbh. At the time we spunked £42million on him we had positions that needed strengthening a lot more than we needed a flair player. Rumours are that Law saw the Ozil deal through the final stages and also that Gazidis was behind the signing initially, but having seen what we've seen at the club over the last 10 years I doubt very much that either of them did anything without the go-ahead from Kim Jong-Wenger...

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the Arsenal transfer policy is quite simple - aim to sign 1 world class player each summer 2013 Ozil 2014 Sanchez 2015 Cech 2017 Lacazette to shut the fans up. It is irrelevant what position the player plays in. These bunch of individuals are then expected to get a top 4 position for the club and that will suffice. Apart from last season it has actually worked. Wenger gives zero tactical advice and his team selections probably hinders rather than helps.

as all premier league clubs get richer this model is not going to work however,
the teams that will thrive are the ones who actually have a manager who can coach a team. This has been lacking for years at Arsenal, but the financial muscle of the club has meant that this has not been a problem up until now.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

He will not be replaced, the cloth has to be cut from a top 4 club to a mid table club...

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:56 am
Who?
Who? What? :?

Herd

Post by Herd »

Gazidis has been gunning for Law for some time ,he isn't fit for purpose .He is a 100 pct Wenger man though much to Gazidis annoyance.
From what Ive been told by people who have dealt with him ,he spends his time speaking to every agent or club with players to sell that fall within a certain stats category that is derived from the Wenger stats machine company we bought some years ago.
He then asks them how much and even suggests some prices of his own, hence we are linked to a massive amount of players and their clubs and agents think their man will be on his way to the corporates to play for the mighty Arsenal but in fact they are sadly mistaken we just look at the price tag , and rarely do we follow up.
This has led to a number of top flight agents refusing to deal with him as apparently we rarely actually make offers but talk around the houses until we close a deal .

This last window we did our shopping early for once but I think there was no intention of bringing more in ,unless we shed our own deadwood cupboard but as usual we failed to do that well because of our overpaid dross and our unrealistic ideas on price .

I've said for a few years now I pity the man who follows wenger because he will have to start from scratch and for each year he stays the Job gets bigger !

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:42 am
flash gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:56 am
Who?
Who? What? :?
Who? What? When?

OneBardGooner