CHELSEA AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ray C

Re: CHELSEA AWAY THREAD

Post by Ray C »

At least we got stuck in today. Respect. That dirty prick Luiz should get 6 weeks not 3, & hopefully someone 'cleans' him up when he returns !. Kick the shit out of him I mean !. Can't wait for Doncaster & the return again of Feo !. :barscarf: :barscarf:

MrT

Post by MrT »

LaughingGooner wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:12 pm
MrT wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:18 pm
Midz wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:45 pm
MrT wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:09 pm
Lacazette is too slow and weak for this league. He can piss it against the bottom half at home and in Ligue 1 but he will struggle like he did today. Would even take Lukaku over him and I can't stand Lukaku.
He's only played 4 or5 games.
And? He was the same in France, but that league is shite so he looked much better than he actually is.

Too short, no strength or rapid pace to create chances from nothing. Probably the worst player on the pitch today and rightly subbed. Doesn't bode well that the club record signing is having shockers so early into the season. Misses a sitter that any half decent striker would have buried and probably cost us the 3 pts.
Yeah, fair enough. We gave him ample time to prove himself, ship him back to where he came from..... :rubchin: :rubchin:
He scored excellent goals against Leicester and Bournemouth and and brilliant finish at Stoke which should have counted.

Probably a good thing you weren't around when Bergkamp started his Arsenal career. He took a few matches to get going. You would have wanted him returned to Inter.... :D :D
Imagine the mental gymnastics to even try and compare the Lacazette situation to Bergkamps. Everyone and their mother knew DB was a cracking player from his Ajax days and the national team, even if it didn't pan out at Inter. FFS the guy can't even get a game ahead of Donkey Giroud and fat boy Gignac who plays in Mexico. DB was world class and had the guile and technical ability that Lacazette will never have. Give your head a wobble for making a ridiculous comparison.

He's an average player, will do well against teams like Leicester and Bournemouth but will struggle against the big boys.

herbert

Post by herbert »

A bit gutted that we didn't come out of there today with all three points but delighted with the commitment shown by the team and our support

General

Post by General »

MrT wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:09 pm
Lacazette is too slow and weak for this league. He can piss it against the bottom half at home and in Ligue 1 but he will struggle like he did today. Would even take Lukaku over him and I can't stand Lukaku.
It's the price you pay whiles players adapt to a very physical league. I thought he gave Luiz and Cahil too much of an easy ride. Morata on the other hand run the channels well and gave Mustafi a torrid time. Once Sanchez came on and pressed the cant he lost his head.

Also what's the deal with Elnenny? Wenger has somehow managed to assemble a bunch of midfielder who can't tackle for toffee.

General

Post by General »

Hoddle wrote a good piece in the daily rag before the game and it's worth a read.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailym ... yards.html

The fraud has somehow worked out how to nullify Conte by copying his formation and has managed to put doubt in his head because of recent results.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

General wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:18 am
Hoddle wrote a good piece in the daily rag before the game and it's worth a read.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailym ... yards.html

The fraud has somehow worked out how to nullify Conte by copying his formation and has managed to put doubt in his head because of recent results.
I think Wenger got lucky with the Ozil injury. Everybody's calling for Ozil's head so Wenger would have played him and played him and played him to prove them all wrong...as he does. Also he is trying to stop him from leaving so he won't drop him. Had Ozil played, I think we would have lost, he is a passenger in big games where a player has to pull his weight defensively. I still don't think yesterday's result will change our season. It will be the same rollercoaster as the last 10.This team, notwithstanding Wenger's absurd claims, does not possess the mental strength or self belief to challenge for the title. Sanchez will be sold in January as well. And if somebody comes in for Ozil I think he will bugger off as well.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Despite all the 6-0 raping predictions I thought overall we were the better team and had the better chances. No matter what else is going on I can never want us to lose to the likes of the chav or the vermin so I really enjoyed this game and at the end was a bit disappointed we didn't win it tbh.

Messi-Lite was unlucky not to score and Welwide scuffed an easy header. In fairness to Messi-Lite he put in a shift and worked hard all over the midfield. A more disciplined and solid performance than he's had since his half-season of top form a few years back. I fully expect the flicks and pointless backheels to return in the next game... :roll:

Sanchez was ropey as hell, but that's probably to be expected with everything that has happened. Iwobi bar one or two good passes was a bit off the pace too. Bellerin was better in that 90 mins than in the whole of the last two seasons put together.

Kos and Mustafi were both solid and Kolasinac really is in that golden period of being an attacking, aggressive, chance-creating full back, before Wenger "coaches" it out of him and makes him into a nice tippy-tappy unadventurous oxygen thief. :|

IMHO Lacazette is in that second tier of PL strikers like Giroud, Welbeck, Lukaku, Sturridge etc. Lacazette is a bit slow and he doesn't seem to know how to run the channels effectively or get on the end of a lot of through balls. He is a good striker but not a great one - PL average really. He'll get a few great goals (like Giroud does) miss some sitters (like Giroud) and ultimately score between 10 and 15 PL goals per season... like Giroud....

For those saying we were better without Ozil yesterday I don't agree. There certainly are games where we can't afford to carry a luxury player like him but that chav midfield is not a hard working, constantly pressing midfield and the space they give us in the middle would suit Ozil. We have dominated the chav (with the exception of the 3-1 loss at the bridge last season) in the last few games, beating them 3-0 at the Conglomerates and totally outclassing outfighting and outplaying them in the FA Cup Final - games Ozil played well in. Ozil would have provided that bit of extra creativity and extra chances yesterday.

As for Sideshow Fucking Bob... what a cowardly cúnt. :evil: :twisted: :censored: That was a deffo intentional leg breaker he put in on Kolasinac... an absolute cúnt's tackle. Straight red and I hope someone returns the favour when we play them next. 8)

Going forward I had thought this would be our banana skin game in the current run of fixtures, so I now fully expect a shock defeat to either West Brom, Watford or Brighton... :oops: :lol: We have the basics of a half decent side but a terrible manager with little to no clue and an owner that doesn't give a fuck what the manager does while the tourist and TV money rolls in. :| :(

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Yesterday was one of those rare days when Arsenal become competitive . I was expecting a heavy defeat but instead I was impressed at how Arsenal held their shape, Pedro chance excepted, how the wing backs pushed forward and in general how the three central defenders played..Thought Mustafi was good, Ramsey and Xhaka played with discipline but up front we were lacking..Welbeck should have scored as should Lacazette from the rebound.. Sanchez reaction to that miss was strange, he seemed to enjoy it..
It was a good performance and a decent point, but there are no corners turned we will revert to type sooner or later..
Finally Joey Barton tweeted something about Kolasinac screaming like a baby to get Luiz sent off..What a fucking moron ,this in the week Tony Gale said the Manchester City goalkeeper should man up..

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eeded.html

Keown getting his "We don't need them" kicks in after one decent performance, which ended in a draw, we never WON the game.

Doesn't he realize these are the two biggest names at the club...Lemar was proof we are going to struggle to attract big names, so if these two leave ....... :shock: :?

Yesterday was that good performance game, that unexpected shock performance game, there will probably be one or two others, otherwise the season will probably pan out the same. I thought it was going to be catastrophic but there are not enough good teams to punish us. Give it another 2/3 seasons and Europa League will be the new target.A battle with 'Pool for 5th this season...wouldn't be surprised to see Klopp get fired at some stage Tbh.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:55 am
Yesterday was one of those rare days when Arsenal become competitive . I was expecting a heavy defeat but instead I was impressed at how Arsenal held their shape, Pedro chance excepted, how the wing backs pushed forward and in general how the three central defenders played..Thought Mustafi was good, Ramsey and Xhaka played with discipline but up front we were lacking..Welbeck should have scored as should Lacazette from the rebound.. Sanchez reaction to that miss was strange, he seemed to enjoy it..
It was a good performance and a decent point, but there are no corners turned we will revert to type sooner or later..
Finally Joey Barton tweeted something about Kolasinac screaming like a baby to get Luiz sent off..What a fucking moron ,this in the week Tony Gale said the Manchester City goalkeeper should man up..
Joey Fucking Le Bárton... more famous for his tweets, attacking youth team players, and putting on a silly French accent, than for anything he ever did on a football pitch... :roll: :censored:

His Dad must often think "why didn't I just have a wánk or fire me muck over her tits that night...?" :(

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:59 am
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eeded.html

Keown getting his "We don't need them" kicks in after one decent performance, which ended in a draw, we never WON the game.

Doesn't he realize these are the two biggest names at the club...Lemar was proof we are going to struggle to attract big names, so if these two leave ....... :shock: :?

Yesterday was that good performance game, that unexpected shock performance game, there will probably be one or two others, otherwise the season will probably pan out the same. I thought it was going to be catastrophic but there are not enough good teams to punish us. Give it another 2/3 seasons and Europa League will be the new target.A battle with 'Pool for 5th this season...wouldn't be surprised to see Klopp get fired at some stage Tbh.
This 100% ^^

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I have to give the team credit for yesterday, as I expected us to be destroyed, but the over-excitement by some after getting a point, shows how much expectations have been lowered. We are 6 points behind both Manchester clubs.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BFG4 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:04 am
I have to give the team credit for yesterday, as I expected us to be destroyed, but the over-excitement by some after getting a point, shows how much expectations have been lowered. We are 6 points behind both Manchester clubs.
I don't think anyone on here is getting over excited, mate. If anything this thread still has a healthy negativity to it despite us getting a point away at a club where most expected us to get a 6-0 ass molesting. Or are you refering to other Gooners on Twatter etc? I don't read that shit personally. :wink:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

BFG4 wrote:
Yep, was saying the same thing yesterday. We never even won the game but because Wenger has lowered the standards so much, this feels like a victory. Even one or two late goals by Chelsea would have elicited the, "defeat with honour" cries.

Ramsey didn't help either...."We are in a good place right now" Really, you are twelth!!

Some mid week cannon fodder coming up for Mr.30 years and then, I think, a fairly stern test against WBA. These, besides the BIG games, are his problem teams. Probably turn them over at home though...who the hell knows anymore, it's like a lottery.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:10 am
BFG4 wrote:
I don't think anyone on here is getting over excited, mate. If anything this thread still has a healthy negativity to it despite us getting a point away at a club where most expected us to get a 6-0 ass molesting. Or are you refering to other Gooners on Twatter etc? I don't read that shit personally. :wink:
I was referring to the social media crowd DB. The likes of AFTV, who like most of the AKB'S, their opinions are based merely on the result of individual games, rather than over a period of time. I know most on here are realistic about the side, and most know our season is heading down the shitter, with wanker in charge :(