CHELSEA AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: CHELSEA AWAY THREAD

Post by rodders999 »

JoshIM2150 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:32 am
Always been an arsenal fan but I really started fully supporting them until late last season
My spider senses are absolutely off the charts :lol:

JoshIM2150

Post by JoshIM2150 »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:50 am
JoshIM2150 wrote:
Always been an arsenal fan but I really started fully supporting them until late last season
Haha don't blame you.

Brought up with Arsenal being the default team we supported, no idea where this started (presumably my dad). Never really watch games just cos they were always on Sky Sports or elsewhere that we didn't have access to growing up. Last season I picked up a Sky TV package, fully kitted it out with everything plus BT Sport and started watching the games. Fell in love with Arsenal immediately. That all progressed rather quickly and before I knew it I picked up the new third kit top and got myself a red membership ready to buy tickets where possible.

With all that, I slowly found myself in the community and realised the huge mess Arsenal was in and has been over the years but I still want to be there chanting for the team weekly. I dunno what it is, but it really has hooked me.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:00 am
Out come the selfies and statements of we can compete with the big clubs.......
Fuck me chavs away and we get a draw, remember a time when we regularly took all the points...and a bit further back the shed as well
My older brother (May He Rest In Peace) was there on the day of the Machete's and the Bike Chains - A Warm day and they wore rain coats and the like till (so I was told) they were in the middle of the shed end then unleashed hell upon the chavs.....Claret Everf'ingwhere...though I'm sure Herd can confirm/deny/dismiss. :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
JoshIM2150 wrote:
That's what happens when the Web gets Trembled. :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:17 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:54 am
xisstential wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:23 am
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:00 am
Out come the selfies and statements of we can compete with the big clubs.......
Fuck me chavs away and we get a draw, remember a time when we regularly took all the points...and a bit further back the shed as well
It's what we have been reduced to.. I was thinking about it earlier...if we drop points against WBA we are out of the race, completely out (we know we are already out, the AKB's don't) but nobody will be particularly bothered. There will be vague hope of European glory, sights kinda set on 4th (top 6 will be ok as well) and hopefully, our speciality, The F.A. Cup. If we fail on these fronts (as long as we still get Top 6) most of our "fans" will be ok with it. After all we play a unique and special brand of football & we cannot be expected to compete with oil money. And football is more than winning trophies anyway, it is about the "experience"

This is how this colossal Fraud has sanitised & destroyed the expectations..... this insidious dumbing down of a once great club. History will judge him very, very harshly for what he has done...

And he's not done yet..just you wait :( :( :(
Interesting point.... I don't agree about history judging him harshly though tbh. We the supporters that lived through this shit will, but history probably won't.

Look at how Cloughie all but destroyed Forest by staying too long, leaving them in the doldrums for decades. They haven't won a major trophy since the League Cup in 1990, their attendances began to spiral going so bad as to eventually drop to 4000 in a 30,000(?) capacity stadium in 2008... and yet Cloughie is still looked upon with a warmth and a fondness and respect because he won one league, a couple of European Cups and 4 League Cups in an 18 year reign... I reckon Wenger will be the same, particularly where the media and football historians are concerned - they'll talk about the Doubles and the Invincibles and the changes in diet and training and style of play and just gloss over the 9 years without a trophy and everything else with stuff like "even when Arsenal could not compete with the big money clubs, Arsene Wenger won 3 FA Cups in a 4 year period blah blah blah". :|
But who was at the helm when we slowly dropped to 6th & below and stayed there?? And spurs don't have oil money, neither do Liverpool. I am absolutely convinced Sanchez will go..maybe Ozil as well....presuming we win neither the Europa (snigger) nor make top 4, who is going to want to come to us? We are already struggling to attract top qualiteee. And Wenger won't leave, so he will be at the helm as we sink. If he stays for, say another 5 years, we will be a mid table club. That's not oil money. Even if people choose to continue to believe the oil money lie, it doesn't excuse us dropping down to 6th or 7th...Another 5 years of him and that is where we will be.

I think that we are fortunate at the moment that besides the Top 3, the other teams (Spurs, 'Pool, even Everton) are just too erratic to really just leave us in the dust. But I still think the longer he stays, the less quality we will attract and we will continue to drop. Watch, over 5 years it will be gradual, until somebody realises, fuck me, we've finished in 8th.
Oh I know, and you are preaching to the long converted. I'm putting forward what the media will say in the years and decades to come because the media are idiotic shallow flip flopping fuckwits.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

JoshIM2150 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:02 am
rodders999 wrote:
JoshIM2150 wrote:
Haha don't blame you.

Brought up with Arsenal being the default team we supported, no idea where this started (presumably my dad). Never really watch games just cos they were always on Sky Sports or elsewhere that we didn't have access to growing up. Last season I picked up a Sky TV package, fully kitted it out with everything plus BT Sport and started watching the games. Fell in love with Arsenal immediately. That all progressed rather quickly and before I knew it I picked up the new third kit top and got myself a red membership ready to buy tickets where possible.

With all that, I slowly found myself in the community and realised the huge mess Arsenal was in and has been over the years but I still want to be there chanting for the team weekly. I dunno what it is, but it really has hooked me.
Welcome on board Josh. We all come to Goonerdom through different paths (Spudmasher by way of a blood-soaked dwarf cross dressing party in Islington back in the 1970's, but I digress). Enjoy the forum. :wink:

JoshIM2150

Post by JoshIM2150 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:40 am
JoshIM2150 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
JoshIM2150 wrote:
Haha don't blame you.

Welcome on board Josh. We all come to Goonerdom through different paths (Spudmasher by way of a blood-soaked dwarf cross dressing party in Islington back in the 1970's, but I digress). Enjoy the forum. :wink:
Thank you for the warm welcome. Hoping to join you all on through the seasons to come as a mid OR top table team :wink:

NickF

Post by NickF »

JoshIM2150 wrote:

Last season I picked up a Sky TV package, fully kitted it out with everything plus BT Sport and started watching the games. Fell in love with Arsenal immediately. That all progressed rather quickly and before I knew it I picked up the new third kit top and got myself a red membership ready to buy tickets where possible.

That will have a few on here seething.... :roll:
Have to ask, Wenger Out, In or don't care?

JoshIM2150

Post by JoshIM2150 »

NickF wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:59 am
JoshIM2150 wrote:

Last season I picked up a Sky TV package, fully kitted it out with everything plus BT Sport and started watching the games. Fell in love with Arsenal immediately. That all progressed rather quickly and before I knew it I picked up the new third kit top and got myself a red membership ready to buy tickets where possible.

Out. However, I am very new to the scene so that is based on the very little I've seen and read about over the last year or so.
What is the general consensus on here?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

JoshIM2150 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:06 am
NickF wrote:
JoshIM2150 wrote:

Out. However, I am very new to the scene so that is based on the very little I've seen and read about over the last year or so.
:coffeespit:

Mostly.... undecided... :lol: :wink:

JoshIM2150

Post by JoshIM2150 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:20 am
JoshIM2150 wrote:
NickF wrote:
JoshIM2150 wrote:

:coffeespit:

Mostly.... undecided... :lol: :wink:
I thought I would be opening a can of worms when writing that part haha

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

JoshIM2150 wrote:
NickF wrote:
JoshIM2150 wrote:

Post of the year :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

JoshIM2150 wrote:
NickF wrote:
JoshIM2150 wrote:

That is a question best put to Laughing Gooner and to Rodders when we have lost. :wink:

:popcorn:

beck

Post by beck »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:04 pm
Chelsea 6 FC Carrier Bag 0
Arsenal 0 Bottom of the Bundesliga 1

I wonder what's next in this sequence of results......
If we are going on half times I think it's Chelsea 0 burnley 3

beck

Post by beck »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:53 am
xisstential wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:32 am
falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:36 am
xisstential wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:33 am
Dunno what it is but I have just got this funny feeling that we are going to lose.....
Same here :oops: followed by wins against Doncaster west brom Bate and Brighton..then it'll be all hail le bulbeye the man's a genius :oops:
Dunno so much about WBA, Pulis has his number. I've said it before, any manager with a number of decent players, a bit of savvy and tactical nous will turn a Wenger "led"team over.

There are a lot of people who do not comprehend how bad Wenger actually is. Give him teams that sit permanently in the bottom 8 and he'll get them relegated, I guarantee it.
Wenger will always do well against the nice managers like Eddie Howe but as you say, give him a Pulis or Allardyce in away games especially and they can suss him out no problem at all. Pochettino has well and truly got his number. Even in the first 45 minutes against that pathetic, excuse of a side on Thursday night rough up the nice boys like Wally and Bellerin and you can disrupt our play so easily.
In the away games only
Allerdyce has never won at arsenal
Pullis has lost every one