CHELSEA AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: CHELSEA AWAY THREAD

Post by DB10GOONER »

BFG4 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:27 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:10 am
BFG4 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:04 am
I have to give the team credit for yesterday, as I expected us to be destroyed, but the over-excitement by some after getting a point, shows how much expectations have been lowered. We are 6 points behind both Manchester clubs.
I don't think anyone on here is getting over excited, mate. If anything this thread still has a healthy negativity to it despite us getting a point away at a club where most expected us to get a 6-0 ass molesting. Or are you refering to other Gooners on Twatter etc? I don't read that shit personally. :wink:
I was referring to the social media crowd DB. The likes of AFTV, who like most of the AKB'S, their opinions are based merely on the result of individual games, rather than over a period of time. I know most on here are realistic about the side, and most know our season is heading down the shitter, with wanker in charge :(
Ah, thought so. Delusional is not a strong enough word for some of them. :oops: I just can't read or watch any of that stuff anymore. It's like they live in a different world. :|

NickF

Post by NickF »

BFG4 wrote:
I have to give the team credit for yesterday, as I expected us to be destroyed, but the over-excitement by some after getting a point, shows how much expectations have been lowered. We are 6 points behind both Manchester clubs.
This is sadly the level we have reached, we give the team credit for not being destroyed even though we didn't actually win.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:12 am
BFG4 wrote:
This is sadly the level we have reached, we give the team credit for not being destroyed even though we didn't actually win.
Yeah we are a leetle club and should be grateful to get a point at the huge giants that are Chelsea, who unitl 2003 had won 1 title in nearly 100 years.

AKB's have well and truly bought the company line and re-adjusted their ambitions to competing with Leicester.

:roll:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:20 am
NickF wrote:
BFG4 wrote:
Yeah we are a leetle club and should be grateful to get a point at the huge giants that are Chelsea, who unitl 2003 had won 1 title in nearly 100 years.

AKB's have well and truly bought the company line and re-adjusted their ambitions to competing with Leicester.

I give the team credit, because form and previous results at their ground, pointed to a hammering, but i'm in no way happy with what I seen yesterday, as far as challenging for the title goes. Even at this early stage, a pattern is appearing. The two Manchester clubs will challenge for the title, while Chelsea will challenge for a while, and eventually slip away. While Spurs and L'pool's shitness will keep us interested in a top 4 place.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

sk-gtfo wrote:
NickF wrote:
BFG4 wrote:

Most posters on here were predicting a bumholing, however we played pretty well and got a draw against the champions.

I hate the Chavs, but since the 2003 you mention they've won 5 league titles, 4 FA cups, 3 League cups, the Champions League and the Europa League.
They're classless, racist crunts, but they've been a strong team for a while and to think we did well on Sunday is not the mark of an AKB.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Still so annoyed at that Luiz "tackle", could so easily have been a leg breaker on a player who looks like he may do great things for us. He's gone in to do the player there, no question about it - a 3 match ban for that is laughable and one of those will be in the league cup :roll:

He's completely lost the plot at the point of the challenge, tried to smash Sanchez in the face with an elbow fist and then deliberately followed through over the ball on Kolasinac. Absolute disgrace.

Very similar to last season when he saw red for trying to do Aguero at the Etihad when he launched in on him. Still when it's only a pathetic ban you get for trying to end another player's career where's the incentive for him to modify his behaviour? :roll:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:32 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
NickF wrote:
BFG4 wrote:

Most posters on here were predicting a bumholing, however we played pretty well and got a draw against the champions.

I hate the Chavs, but since the 2003 you mention they've won 5 league titles, 4 FA cups, 3 League cups, the Champions League and the Europa League.
They're classless, racist crunts, but they've been a strong team for a while and to think we did well on Sunday is not the mark of an AKB.
And as detestable a club they are if the manager ain't producing then he's gone,not like our spineless institution.

( But I still hate them more than the shit up the road)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:14 pm
Still so annoyed at that Luiz "tackle", could so easily have been a leg breaker on a player who looks like he may do great things for us. He's gone in to do the player there, no question about it - a 3 match ban for that is laughable and one of those will be in the league cup :roll:

He's completely lost the plot at the point of the challenge, tried to smash Sanchez in the face with an elbow fist and then deliberately followed through over the ball on Kolasinac. Absolute disgrace.

Very similar to last season when he saw red for trying to do Aguero at the Etihad when he launched in on him. Still when it's only a pathetic ban you get for trying to end another player's career where's the incentive for him to modify his behaviour? :roll:
Kolasinac will SNAP that c.u.n.t in half when they next meet...And I am going to enjoy it.... Oh! Yes....take that you Hermaphrodite Ponce. :box: :box: :box:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Out come the selfies and statements of we can compete with the big clubs.......
Fuck me chavs away and we get a draw, remember a time when we regularly took all the points...and a bit further back the shed as well

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:00 am
Fuck me chavs away and we get a draw, remember a time when we regularly took all the points...and a bit further back the shed as well
It's what we have been reduced to.. I was thinking about it earlier...if we drop points against WBA we are out of the race, completely out (we know we are already out, the AKB's don't) but nobody will be particularly bothered. There will be vague hope of European glory, sights kinda set on 4th (top 6 will be ok as well) and hopefully, our speciality, The F.A. Cup. If we fail on these fronts (as long as we still get Top 6) most of our "fans" will be ok with it. After all we play a unique and special brand of football & we cannot be expected to compete with oil money. And football is more than winning trophies anyway, it is about the "experience"

This is how this colossal Fraud has sanitised & destroyed the expectations..... this insidious dumbing down of a once great club. History will judge him very, very harshly for what he has done...

And he's not done yet..just you wait :( :( :(

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:23 am
Redarmy wrote:
It's what we have been reduced to.. I was thinking about it earlier...if we drop points against WBA we are out of the race, completely out (we know we are already out, the AKB's don't) but nobody will be particularly bothered. There will be vague hope of European glory, sights kinda set on 4th (top 6 will be ok as well) and hopefully, our speciality, The F.A. Cup. If we fail on these fronts (as long as we still get Top 6) most of our "fans" will be ok with it. After all we play a unique and special brand of football & we cannot be expected to compete with oil money. And football is more than winning trophies anyway, it is about the "experience"

This is how this colossal Fraud has sanitised & destroyed the expectations..... this insidious dumbing down of a once great club. History will judge him very, very harshly for what he has done...

Interesting point.... I don't agree about history judging him harshly though tbh. We the supporters that lived through this shit will, but history probably won't.

Look at how Cloughie all but destroyed Forest by staying too long, leaving them in the doldrums for decades. They haven't won a major trophy since the League Cup in 1990, their attendances began to spiral going so bad as to eventually drop to 4000 in a 30,000(?) capacity stadium in 2008... and yet Cloughie is still looked upon with a warmth and a fondness and respect because he won one league, a couple of European Cups and 4 League Cups in an 18 year reign... I reckon Wenger will be the same, particularly where the media and football historians are concerned - they'll talk about the Doubles and the Invincibles and the changes in diet and training and style of play and just gloss over the 9 years without a trophy and everything else with stuff like "even when Arsenal could not compete with the big money clubs, Arsene Wenger won 3 FA Cups in a 4 year period blah blah blah". :|

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:54 am
xisstential wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:23 am
Redarmy wrote:

Interesting point.... I don't agree about history judging him harshly though tbh. We the supporters that lived through this shit will, but history probably won't.

Look at how Cloughie all but destroyed Forest by staying too long, leaving them in the doldrums for decades. They haven't won a major trophy since the League Cup in 1990, their attendances began to spiral going so bad as to eventually drop to 4000 in a 30,000(?) capacity stadium in 2008... and yet Cloughie is still looked upon with a warmth and a fondness and respect because he won one league, a couple of European Cups and 4 League Cups in an 18 year reign... I reckon Wenger will be the same, particularly where the media and football historians are concerned - they'll talk about the Doubles and the Invincibles and the changes in diet and training and style of play and just gloss over the 9 years without a trophy and everything else with stuff like "even when Arsenal could not compete with the big money clubs, Arsene Wenger won 3 FA Cups in a 4 year period blah blah blah". :|
But who was at the helm when we slowly dropped to 6th & below and stayed there?? And spurs don't have oil money, neither do Liverpool. I am absolutely convinced Sanchez will go..maybe Ozil as well....presuming we win neither the Europa (snigger) nor make top 4, who is going to want to come to us? We are already struggling to attract top qualiteee. And Wenger won't leave, so he will be at the helm as we sink. If he stays for, say another 5 years, we will be a mid table club. That's not oil money. Even if people choose to continue to believe the oil money lie, it doesn't excuse us dropping down to 6th or 7th...Another 5 years of him and that is where we will be.

I think that we are fortunate at the moment that besides the Top 3, the other teams (Spurs, 'Pool, even Everton) are just too erratic to really just leave us in the dust. But I still think the longer he stays, the less quality we will attract and we will continue to drop. Watch, over 5 years it will be gradual, until somebody realises, fuck me, we've finished in 8th.

JoshIM2150

Post by JoshIM2150 »

Great to see the team get the core basics back on point.
Ramsey and Bellerin were outstanding throughout - Really hope this carries on through the season.

Always been an arsenal fan but I really started fully supporting them until late last season so hopefully, there are greater things to come!
COYG :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

JoshIM2150 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:32 am
Ramsey and Bellerin were outstanding throughout - Really hope this carries on through the season.

Always been an arsenal fan but I really started fully supporting them until late last season so hopefully, there are greater things to come!
Unfortunately for you, you have arrived a decade late...if not longer. I presume you got hooked last season in that thrilling, edge of the seat race for that last CL spot. You'll probably see it again this season but it will be for the last Europa spot.

JoshIM2150

Post by JoshIM2150 »

xisstential wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:45 am
JoshIM2150 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:32 am

Unfortunately for you, you have arrived a decade late...if not longer. I presume you got hooked last season in that thrilling, edge of the seat race for that last CL spot. You'll probably see it again this season but it will be for the last Europa spot.
You've hit the nail on the head there, mate. Really do hope you're wrong in that though, but it's very plausible. I've gone head first into this too. First time at the stadium was at the start of the prem vs Leicester and I've been going ever since. Even took the trip to Stoke on my own which was interesting :banghead: , to say the least.