FC Cologne (H) | Europa League | Thu 14 Sep 20:05

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
JoshIM2150

Re: FC Cologne (H) | Europa League | Thu 14 Sep 20:05

Post by JoshIM2150 »

Poldi wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:18 am
JoshIM2150 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:36 am
I was at the game on Thursday and the besides being surrounded by Cologne fans it was a decent game in the second half.

I know a lot of Arsenal fans around us were not happy with the ticket issue. A few of them asked the stewards if they could move. Even saw a lady in tears.

At least it felt like our first 'away' win :lol:
very good read

http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/arsenal ... sf-faircop
Thanks for that. Great read.

I was amazed to see their supporters go through hoops to get in to watch their team. I even had to explain to a Cologne fan (who had an Arsenal top on) that their ticket was their membership card they received and that all he had to do was to scan it at the gate. Also, I was entering through 'M' and they were not even patting people down before entering. I'm assuming they just wanted everyone in fast.

beck

Post by beck »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:08 am
beck wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:56 am
General wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:18 am
There's no way we're winning this competition. Better teams will drop down from the CL and put us out of our misery. No idea what UEFA were smoking when they made us joint favourites. We are the most unpredictable team in world football thanks to Wonga and his pathetic tactics. Once again he gives his favourites the night off and drags Sanchez into the fold.

Holding has fully morphed into a Wenger zombie defender now with his natural defensive instincts completely coached out of him and confidence completely shot to pieces. Where have we seen this before :roll:
Beaten Roma on both occasions we have played them
And 3 out of the 4 overal ties we have played Dortmund beating them 4 times in single matches so were we to play them in the final we would have a great chance
As we have a great chance of winning this trophy
If you look at all the groups in the Champions League there are many teams that are shite. We always lost to the same big teams with the exception of Monaco but they had a very good team.
I don't fear any cast off from the Champ League but it depends on how serious we take it.
You have a point
Wouldn't put it past Wenger to totally mismanage a game
But we gave every chance of winning this trophy given the right approach

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

beck wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:28 am
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:08 am
beck wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:56 am
General wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:18 am
There's no way we're winning this competition. Better teams will drop down from the CL and put us out of our misery. No idea what UEFA were smoking when they made us joint favourites. We are the most unpredictable team in world football thanks to Wonga and his pathetic tactics. Once again he gives his favourites the night off and drags Sanchez into the fold.

Holding has fully morphed into a Wenger zombie defender now with his natural defensive instincts completely coached out of him and confidence completely shot to pieces. Where have we seen this before :roll:
Beaten Roma on both occasions we have played them
And 3 out of the 4 overal ties we have played Dortmund beating them 4 times in single matches so were we to play them in the final we would have a great chance
As we have a great chance of winning this trophy
If you look at all the groups in the Champions League there are many teams that are shite. We always lost to the same big teams with the exception of Monaco but they had a very good team.
I don't fear any cast off from the Champ League but it depends on how serious we take it.
You have a point
Wouldn't put it past Wenger to totally mismanage a game
But we gave every chance of winning this trophy given the right approach
:coffeespit: . :coffeespit: . :coffeespit: .

Clash

Post by Clash »

BFG4 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:19 am
The media are going with the narrative of 'the nasty Germans' who ruined the night for everyone. In truth, a few people were arrested, and they brought an incredible atmosphere to a stadium that is usually like a morgue. Should the media narrative not be, how modern day English football fandom is becoming inhabited with people who go for nothing more than something to do, rather than having a passion for their football club. I remember back in 2013, going to the NLD at the Emirates, and we were holding on narrowly to a 1-0 lead, and I jumped up screaming towards the end of the game, and received stares from the reserved, snobby pricks around me - who had applauded mildly when Giroud scored for us. The more of these sorts of pricks around and no proper fan will bother attending games anymore.
Great point mate.

I read somewhere that a dad who was there with his 8yr old son, decided to take him home because of the intimidation. I cant help think that this dad denied his son the only chance he'll have to experience a proper atmosphere at a game.

Its tragic what has been allowed to happen to top flight football support but those media will never question it because it doesnt fit the narrative they need to continue to push as this is what keeps them on the gravy train.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Lovely gesture. :)

In the same spirit of solidarity, we at Fortuna Koln are donating some points to FC Koln's league campaign.

:barscarf: :wink:

Poldi

Post by Poldi »

Please do so, quickly, otherwise FC might ask Uwe Koschinat to take over from Peter Stöger :wink:

Midz

Post by Midz »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -incidents

Something in our favour. Nice to see.