FC Cologne (H) | Europa League | Thu 14 Sep 20:05

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: FC Cologne (H) | Europa League | Thu 14 Sep 20:05

Post by DB10GOONER »

BFG4 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:31 am
There should really be three European competitions, rather than two. They should half the CL, to 16 teams, it's laughable the likes of Celtic are 'competing' with PSG. The CL does nothing else, but reward mediocrity, as it has done for us for 20 years.
Have to agree, but I'd go further and return to the old European Cup format (for CHAMPIONS ONLY), the UEFA Cup and the Cup Winners Cup. Of course it will never happen because FIFA/UEFA are corrupt money-obsessed cúnts. :evil: :censored:

Sean

Post by Sean »

Yes, UEFA fucked up by merging the UEFA Cup, Cup Winners Cup and even the Intertoto Cup into one competition. The Soviet collapse and the break-up of Yugoslavia didn't help either. There are 55 countries in UEFA now, including 'new boys' Gibraltar and Kosovo, as well as Kazakhstan in central Asia, FFS.

I see the qualifying rounds of the Be All and End All as the true Champions League. None of this domination of the big leagues in the group stages shit. There are so many countries and qualifying slots, there is no choice but to have a group stage, which is the same for the EL too. It was better off when there were three competitions and two legged knockout from the start. With the extra nations, there could still be more games and rounds, but none of this boring group stage shit, co-efficients and seeded draws. All about the fucking money now, eh.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Can anyone be arsed to go on the Clueless and Wiggy Incorporated ticket site and look at the stadium map for this game? Would be interesting to see how few tickets have been sold.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:13 pm
Can anyone be arsed to go on the Clueless and Wiggy Incorporated ticket site and look at the stadium map for this game? Would be interesting to see how few tickets have been sold.
Sold out mate :coffeespit:

Over half the crowd will be German by the looks of it as 20,000 of them are expected. Our passive home crowd won't know what to do if some European yobs start singing, cheering and doing other annoying stuff like that.

" I say old chap can you keep the noise down - I'm trying to take a selfie "

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fuck me sideways... I watched the Mouser Seville game last night and it was like watching two hungover and not very good pub teams slog it out on a Sunday morning... tedious as fucking hell. :roll: :yawn: The technical level was practically non-existent. How the fuck did we lose 4-0 to the utter shite that is Liverpool? :oops: :oops: Oh yeah - Arsene Wenger. :roll:

Good to see the Media Whore Klopp trying to grab the camera's attention at the end too. There had been a few exchanges between the benches and a Seville coach looked like he wanted a go at Adverts-R-Me but got held back... cue Media Whore looking for a camera and THEN "reacting" (even going so far as to throw a little shape at another Seville coach when said coach put his hand on Mr Endorsement's shoulder) while shaking hands. Utter fucking moron. Go do an add for Tampax, Mary Jane Klopp. :oops: :roll:

Hilariously, soooper qualideee British Core the Ox was reverted to full back when he came on.... :lol: :lol: hmmm... left a team beaten 4-0 to join one that promptly loses 5-0 and then gets put in at full back when he had left a team that put him in at..... haha you could not make it up! :lol: :lol: Also, nice to see he brought his total inability to cross or deliver any kind of end product with him. :lol:

The CL is utter shite 90% of the time. :roll:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Cologne were known throughout the fatherland for bieng a tad tasty back in the day so I can imagine the selfie mob gettin flustered if a bunch of belicose beer n bratwutst boys start singing in the home sections.
Might take a peek down there later n have my supper in the ecuadorian cafe. They do some lovely food in there.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Good idea Herd, might be a bit tasty!... 8)

NickF

Post by NickF »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:58 pm
Leyton Gooner wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:13 pm
Sold out mate :coffeespit:

Over half the crowd will be German by the looks of it as 20,000 of them are expected. Our passive home crowd won't know what to do if some European yobs start singing, cheering and doing other annoying stuff like that.

" I say old chap can you keep the noise down - I'm trying to take a selfie "
Do they do that choreographed shit with cheerleaders at the front that other German teams seemed to love?

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

I don't know if Cologne do that but quite a few of the German teams seem to. You'd have to wake our crowd up first.

Just had a look at Pravda.com - there are huge warnings about away fans being ejected if they cause any kind of disturbance in the home section.

Good luck ejecting 20,000 pissed up Germans cos they won't sit in silence whilst taking the occasional selfie

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:07 am
Fuck me sideways... I watched the Mouser Seville game last night and it was like watching two hungover and not very good pub teams slog it out on a Sunday morning... tedious as fucking hell. :roll: :yawn: The technical level was practically non-existent. How the fuck did we lose 4-0 to the utter shite that is Liverpool? :oops: :oops: Oh yeah - Arsene Wenger. :roll:

Good to see the Media Whore Klopp trying to grab the camera's attention at the end too. There had been a few exchanges between the benches and the Seville manager looked like he wanted a go at Adverts-R-Me but got held back... cue Media Whore looking for a camera and THEN "reacting" (even going so far as to throw a little shape at the Seville assistant manager when he put his hand on Mr Endorsement's shoulder) while shaking hands. Utter fucking moron. Go do an add for Tampax, Mary Jane Klopp. :oops: :roll:

Hilariously, soooper qualideee British Core the Ox was reverted to full back when he came on.... :lol: :lol: hmmm... left a team beaten 4-0 to join one that promptly loses 5-0 and then gets put in at full back when he had left a team that put him in at..... haha you could not make it up! :lol: :lol: Also, nice to see he brought his total inability to cross or deliver any kind of end product with him. :lol:

He came on in the 87th minute and won them 2 corners, which resulted in 2 shit deliveries. I don't know why everybody secretly hopes he fails, I personally hope he succeeds just to rub Wengers smarmy face in shit.

Maybe he will never be a world beater but wasting the best part of 5 years under Wenger's chronic mismanagement has not helped his career either.

I was speaking to Retro last last and we spoke about what a scathing indictment it is on Wenger that Ox wouldn't stay for any money in the world and Lemar wouldn't come to us for any money in the world.

Giroud sat next to Wenger at the press love in yesterday , with first Wenger BIGGING him up no end, then Giroud telling us how close he was to leaving (the inference being him linked with about 10 top,top, qualiteee clubs) but then he realised he had unfinished business here (see what it feels like to be relegated perhaps??), how all the players came around him, hugged him, massaged his balls, tweaked his d!ck....... one big happy, unaccountable, under performing, dysfunctional family.Vomit inducing.

I cannot stand Klopp and the Ox might never win another thing but I doubt he will ever regret getting away from Wenger.

And I agree 100%, Liverpool are shit.... and yet they still beat us 4 zip :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:02 am
I don't know if Cologne do that but quite a few of the German teams seem to. You'd have to wake our crowd up first.

Just had a look at Pravda.com - there are huge warnings about away fans being ejected if they cause any kind of disturbance in the home section.

Good luck ejecting 20,000 pissed up Germans cos they won't sit in silence whilst taking the occasional selfie
Can you imagine what that covers....??

I hope they cause absolute mayhem, both on the pitch & off :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:10 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:07 am

Good to see the Media Whore Klopp trying to grab the camera's attention at the end too. There had been a few exchanges between the benches and the Seville manager looked like he wanted a go at Adverts-R-Me but got held back... cue Media Whore looking for a camera and THEN "reacting" (even going so far as to throw a little shape at the Seville assistant manager when he put his hand on Mr Endorsement's shoulder) while shaking hands. Utter fucking moron. Go do an add for Tampax, Mary Jane Klopp. :oops: :roll:

He came on in the 87th minute and won them 2 corners, which resulted in 2 shit deliveries. I don't know why everybody secretly hopes he fails, I personally hope he succeeds just to rub Wengers smarmy face in shit.

Maybe he will never be a world beater but wasting the best part of 5 years under Wenger's chronic mismanagement has not helped his career either.

I was speaking to Retro last last and we spoke about what a scathing indictment it is on Wenger that Ox wouldn't stay for any money in the world and Lemar wouldn't come to us for any money in the world.

Giroud sat next to Wenger at the press love in yesterday , with first Wenger BIGGING him up no end, then Giroud telling us how close he was to leaving (the inference being him linked with about 10 top,top, qualiteee clubs) but then he realised he had unfinished business here (see what it feels like to be relegated perhaps??), how all the players came around him, hugged him, massaged his balls, tweaked his d!ck....... one big happy, unaccountable, under performing, dysfunctional family.Vomit inducing.

I cannot stand Klopp and the Ox might never win another thing but I doubt he will ever regret getting away from Wenger.

And I agree 100%, Liverpool are shit.... and yet they still beat us 4 zip :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Mate, I absolutely DON'T "secretly" hope he fails. I absolutely 100% openly hope he fails, just like I hope all Liverpool, chav, citeh, scum and manure players fail. :lol: He's not Arsenal anymore, fuck him, he's gone, he's dead to me. 8)

The 2 corners he "won" were both from utter shit attempts at crossing the ball, his usual indecision leaving it too late and letting the first defender close him, then hitting that defender with the ball. :roll:

I just think it's funny that he has essentially taken a sideways step rather than an upward step by joining the mousers. :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

as long as they are prepared to sing the famous Arsenal anthem "We Want Wenger Out" then I have no objection to 20,00 germans sitting in the home end :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:14 am

I hope they cause absolute mayhem, both on the pitch & off :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Im sure they will riot when they see the price and piss poor quality of our hotdogs .

gotta love the arsenal box office. Knowingly sell thousands of tickets to germans then throw them out.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:14 am

Watching ze German fans will probably be better than watching the game itself! :barscarf: :lol: